a few bfbuilder questions

Started by Ltin, January 12, 2013, 12:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 12, 2013, 12:16:04 PM Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 04:09:48 PM by Ltin
I would like to try using bf builder again, but i have a few questions
Will bfbuilder work if i put it in the folder C:/users/name/desktop/swbfstuffs ?
what is the total file size of all the bf builder files (including the bopc patch)?

January 12, 2013, 01:20:55 PM #1 Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:24:02 PM by tirpider
Everything I have read about BFBuilder says you will have problems if you put it anywhere except:
C:\Lucasarts\BFBuilder

My installation (minus current map folders) is right at 1.01 GB.

(Some folks do have it installed in a different folder and they would be the ones to ask how it's working out for them.)

The BFbuilder readme says that spaces in the program path cause it to not work

January 12, 2013, 02:49:48 PM #3 Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 02:51:40 PM by tirpider
It does.

I have heard of folks using it in other paths.
I never asked what path or if they had to make other alterations specificly for that.
(If anyone has advice along those lines, now is a very helpfull time to share.)

But I have read plenty of troubleshooting threads where different installation paths have been an issue.

Long time ago, I am accidentaly install BFBuilder in C:\Program Files\BFBuilder. As result: it stop show up map project script list. To fix this problem, I have to reinstall Windows.
So, here the advance: don't do that!
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

January 12, 2013, 04:08:47 PM #5 Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 11:45:04 AM by Buckler
The readme warned of that. Foolish serja, y u no read readme?
i think the readme even lists that path as an example.
edit: also, another question. In the cis odf files, which one is the battledroid seen in the clone wars campaigns first two missions? Iv seen it used before.

Also, is it possible to create compleatly new sides?

Please edit your post instead of double posting.

Yes, you can make new sides using BFbuilder.  You can make new weapons, use new models, etc.  You will need to make the ODF's for them, however, and use the proper class labels, etc.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

That would require mission.lvl editing too though wouldnt it?

Quote from: Ltin on January 13, 2013, 11:53:25 AM
That would require mission.lvl editing too though wouldnt it?

Yes, but only to call your new units.  The ODF editing, is, well, side ODF editing.  Please visit Breakdowns Modding Guide in the tutorials section.  That is what I used to learn how to do side modding.

I have, but all i remember is it going over editing existing sides.

Quote from: Ltin on January 13, 2013, 11:57:29 AM
I have, but all i remember is it going over editing existing sides.

Editing an existing side is what you should do to create a new ODF.  That way, if it doesn't work, you know what to change back.  There are other tutorials on making new units classes and using new models.