[HELP]Melee Aggressiveness Increase

Started by Snake, May 25, 2012, 11:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
For the zombie map that is almost complete, I have noticed that the zombies won't really attack that much until you get close. I was wondering if theres a way to make them more aggressive and more "hungry" :) Is it possible to remove their timidity to grenades, and being shot at and make them less worried about their personal survival? which is a lot more zombie like
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Yes, I think it is possible, if you change theyr type in .odf, like this:

UnitType      = "assault"

Also, in mission LUA may exist this lines:

SetTeamAggressiveness(ALL, 1.0)
    SetTeamAggressiveness(IMP, 1.0)
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

May 25, 2012, 12:25:28 PM #2 Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:30:01 PM by tirpider
I grepped through the odf's for BF1 and 2 for "UnitType" and made this list:

//possible unit types:
//"assault" or "Assault"
//"pilot"
//"repair"
//"scout" or "Scout"
//"support"
//"trooper" or "Trooper"
UnitType = "assault"

I don't know if case affects it or not, so I included the variations.
They certainly affect the behavior of the unit, but I imagine the SetTeamAggressiveness setting will have more of an impact on how reckless they are.

-edit
I grepped through the lua files for SetTeamAggressiveness.
The lowest value I saw was 0.7
The Highest was 1.0  (most common one as well.)

I have already set all of them to assault which is what was in the Luke .odf but they still run away from grenades and still act too nonchalant. Maybe I can increase their speed slightly to make it harder.. Still, I wish there was a way to take away their "grenade sense".
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

May 26, 2012, 08:34:22 PM #5 Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 08:37:25 PM by Phobos
This may be worth trying, two different variables in mission lua to test if the zombies behave differently

Quote from: Psych0fred

SetDenseEnvironment("true")
SetDenseEnvironment("false")

SetUrbanEnvironment("true")
or
SetUrbanEnvironment("false")
I've renamed the script function, "SetUrbanEnvironment" to "SetDenseEnvironment" since I realized with Endor that I wanted the AI vehicles to behave in the same way in forested environments as in city environments.  The new function name generalizes the environment type better.  I've updated all the lua scripts with this new function name.

You mean, the vehicles can "feel" collision, of props, without barriers? It cud be great, if that was so...
Now, about zombie: the "throw" weapon, which infantry is not "afraid", it is despensers. You can make health despenser, with negative health decrease, but for this, probably all "zombie slayers" must be a pilots, beside, I am not sure, you can make it to explode.
Still, to make zombie, more stupid, you can limit theyr move, like R2D2:

MaxStrafeSpeed      = 0.0
MaxTurnSpeed        = 2.25
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I'm posting very late but this is an excerpt from the lua guide in the bfbuilder documentation.

SetTeamAggressiveness(CIS, 1.0)
SetTeamAggressiveness(REP, 1.0)

>> SetTeamAgressiveness is obsolete and is unused. Difficulty is determined in code
>> using the difficulty settings in game or on a server.
>>
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

SetDenseEnvironment set to true or false has some impact on the AI behavior but I dont remember the details or which one is a harder setting.

I know that for denser maps (like Chain Isle by psych0fred) I just set the reinforcement and unit spawn counts really high and as a result the fighting just gets freakishly out of control. The battle goes from two clearly opposing sides to just one huge crowd of bloodshed.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

I made a mod based off the movie: Batman Vs Dracula (yes, I watched this)
and I made my unit go at a speed of 9 and had a acceleration of 9000.0 and it moved JUST like Dracula moved in the movie, It looked really creepy. Maybe you can make a "Super-Zombie" that had intense speed, but its a local and there can only be like maybe 2 of them, or a hero (only having 1). I just thought this would be neat. Good luck! and happy hunting/modding!