SWBF1 Museum Master Thread (WIP)

Started by Snake, May 15, 2013, 10:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Battle Royale characters should be used in the Museum?

~AF!zZingGunFlower
3 (23.1%)
Comfrost
2 (15.4%)
Dbiz
2 (15.4%)
GoldMan
3 (23.1%)
Kitfisto
3 (23.1%)
Led
5 (38.5%)
Phobos
6 (46.2%)
Republic Commando
4 (30.8%)
411 Remnant
3 (23.1%)
Roland
4 (30.8%)
Sereja
10 (76.9%)
Shazam
4 (30.8%)
Sleepkiller
6 (46.2%)
Snake
10 (76.9%)
Unit33
9 (69.2%)
tirpider
8 (61.5%)
Cinnamon
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

July 25, 2013, 09:52:11 PM #75 Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 09:53:59 PM by 411Remnant

I was watching some celebration europe videos. It seems like it could be a good source of inspiration for this mod if you ever got stuck on expanding.

Btw that tombstone looks pretty cool. Will each tombstone have a player model next to it or is that just you taking a pic with it? That could be a cool idea.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Awesome, thanks Remnant! Nah, I was just posing. :P
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

August 27, 2013, 05:03:39 PM #77 Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:29:06 PM by Snake
Alright, here's things that need to be done for the map. If you think you can do one just post that you can! I will be doing some of these but I'm gona put them here for me to remember.

-Unit statues (Just some units frozen in place without their arms sticking out)
-Cantina fix
-More clan info (Me)
-Graves (Me)
-Sides (I haven't decided what units will be in the map yet)
-Vehicle props (Props that don't have pieces flying everywhere)
-List of tournament winners
-Mod map panoramic screenshots
-Minimap (I'm gona give this a try..)
-Attempt at AI pathing (Me)
-Fix vehicles (Me)
-Paintball guns (Me)
-Laser guns (Me)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on August 27, 2013, 05:03:39 PM
-Sides (I haven't decided what units will be in the map yet)
I suggest the Battle Royal Sides. Those represent the current community well and they are very fun to play around with. Especially if this is a map that isn't made for combat fun sides will make it more interesting.

A wall with all the Clans in SWBF, so we can remember all of the old day memories.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Kit Fisto on August 27, 2013, 06:10:51 PM
I suggest the Battle Royal Sides. Those represent the current community well and they are very fun to play around with. Especially if this is a map that isn't made for combat fun sides will make it more interesting.

Yes, they are quite awesome. I am debating on whether to use those or to have like every kind of unit from SWBF1. Like IMP ATAT Pilot, CIS Infantry, Clone Jet, Gungan, Alliance Vanguard vs IMP Sniper, Clone Infantry, Alliance Wookie, Tusken, CIS Assault Trooper (Or something like that)

---

OR what if we use Sleepkillers random unit generator to call on every single type of unit there is in SWBF..  :o

Quote from: Helios on August 27, 2013, 06:17:29 PM
A wall with all the Clans in SWBF, so we can remember all of the old day memories.

Yep, that is what the clan info is for. I'm already started on it!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I only voted "No" in regards to the poll, because I thought perhaps something more... challenging might be done to allow access to the secret area?
I don't know... secret hidden entrance revealed by destructible goat.

August 28, 2013, 02:21:27 PM #82 Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:23:18 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Or only special units (like SKs Jawa) could fit through a covered-by-vegetation hole to the secret area. (I really enjoyed the secret glitch entrance on Phobo's Rancor land, it inspires me every time).
--
Also, I advise you be cautious about the Object count in the map. With all those separate picture ODFs, it'll really eat up the limit. After all of them are done, I would suggest merging all of them into 1-4 MSHs (extremely easy, wouldn't take any time at all) and it should save a ton of space. If you really wanted to, you could combine all the TGAs into 1-4 (I think there is a max resolution for textures, not sure.) and simply scale the UV map in XSI (easy as well, its only 2 triangles) to fit where the particular part of the texture is too. That process would take about 15 minutes. So you might consider that.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on August 28, 2013, 01:46:24 PM
I only voted "No" in regards to the poll, because I thought perhaps something more... challenging might be done to allow access to the secret area?

Hmm.. Alright, I'll try to come up with something. I don't think there's any goat models around. :P

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on August 28, 2013, 02:21:27 PM
Or only special units (like SKs Jawa) could fit through a covered-by-vegetation hole to the secret area. (I really enjoyed the secret glitch entrance on Phobo's Rancor land, it inspires me every time).
--
Also, I advise you be cautious about the Object count in the map. With all those separate picture ODFs, it'll really eat up the limit. After all of them are done, I would suggest merging all of them into 1-4 MSHs (extremely easy, wouldn't take any time at all) and it should save a ton of space. If you really wanted to, you could combine all the TGAs into 1-4 (I think there is a max resolution for textures, not sure.) and simply scale the UV map in XSI (easy as well, its only 2 triangles) to fit where the particular part of the texture is too. That process would take about 15 minutes. So you might consider that.

Ughh.. But I have already spent so much time putting those things on the walls.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Voted yes for glitch in areas. (even though I have never been good at glitching.)

And I love the goat door idea. A more star-wars-ish approach.. perhaps destructable jawa junk or one of those Naboo heads?

The Battle Royal Sides is a good choice. For the same reasons Kit mentioned and lot of folks contributed to it (maintaining the BF community aspect) and it's already done (less work :P ).
I think the "already done" part is the strongest reason for it.

I agree with all Tirpider said.
--
Also, Snake, it's more of a Just-incase-the-map-crashes-because-of-the-high-object-count error ;)
I might just throw something together. And I sent you the finished Cantina in SKP in PM, I'm finishing the UVs in XSI and exporting the MSH now *cross-fingers* as of Sketchup likes to scale UVs down when they're exported.

WOAH, Sketchup 7 exports correctly UV-ed models and I don't have to goof with them in XSI! (DAE export, so it's even faster...) I am having very good luck after that fix..

Alright, I'll come up with something for the door then.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: UNIT 33 on August 28, 2013, 01:46:24 PM
I think something along this line would be more fun. Glitching can be frustrating and anti-climatic where as destroying a goat? Well that's just awesome! ;)

This is an awesome idea you have there, Snake, thank you for making some kind of an anthology of the game.

I hope I can still contribute in memory of some french players and clans, here are some informations I can give :

Clans :

A list of important / most active French players that have been playing until 2011, now, keep in mind that every single of of the players listed below have been changing clans during the past 8 years, I cannot create a fixed list of all of them, for example : Nexon have been playing for IsC, been member of BoB, played for L'Alliance, joined LFG and is now with bw. If you want to link them to one and only one clan, consider doing it with L'Alliance, they have been more of a community connecting all french players together :

Ben Kenobi, Sayan, Kalilz, Nejy, Goldz, Fatal, Bigjack LeChuck, Angel of Pain, Dralightning, Estelle, Fatal, Rockstar, Kakashi, IceWolf, Tomken3, Jeff Laser, Epsilon, Anakin, Chonchon, Nilmar, Showstopper, Kais, Nexon, Skyfox, Piccolo, Bazooka, Manu, EldestRob, Dark Sky, Sol, XandFeet, RV, Elite, Shino, David, Jeronimo13, Jineo, Rob, Syrion.

About me ( yes I'd like to have my name featured in the temple ) :

I am Syrion, I've been playing for more than 7 years now. Still missing the good old times.
« L'alliance is more than a clan, it's a family. » - Black Angel
A screenshot : http://i.imgur.com/I9E4Lr1.jpg

any word on how your gonna make this map (Rhen Var Models, Mos Eisley Models, Custom Models etc...). I'd also like having the sides be the Battle Royal Mod. And if there is a secret room it should be a shrine to ME...

lol jk

but it should be something like have all the cut BF1 stuff in it like the K-Wing or the Swampspeeder or maybe something like a BF2 campaign map thing as soon as you find the room and walk in sorta like that Skyline Easter Egg on Halo 4 where you can play the Halo 3 campaign mission and fly around in the Hornet

"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."