Site Upgrade?

Started by Kit Fisto, December 03, 2012, 10:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on December 14, 2012, 03:55:48 PM
I might have something like that. I just got a question: how do you upload photos straight from your PC like that? I always use imgur. Anyways, I have the banner remade, just need to find somehow I can upload it.

I attached it using the full reply mode. Underneath the text box are the words "Attachments and other options". Clicking on that will lead you to what you need to upload directly to the forum.

Thanks, Unit. Anyways, here's the banner and the name badge thing.

Correction to my previous post, THIS is the name badge thing I meant to upload:

Good work Goldman. It think that could be the winner.

Yes Goldman that does look good! :tu: I would use the swbfgamers logo with the black background though. It looks more Star Wars-y. :)

Glad you guys like it. My only problem is that I can't seem to get the Star Wars logo into a .PNG format. For some reason I cannot do this image as a .PNG unless there's some sort of mask on it. Even when I uploaded the image (and it was .PNG), it gave what was masked a white background! I guess I will need to find some way of converting it to a .PNG format.

Well I don't know about the PC but on a Mac all you need to do is change the name of the picture file from, for example "battlefrontLogo.jpeg" to "battlefrontlogo.png" and it will change the format or whatever of the picture. But that's for a Mac. There might be something like that for the PC...

Sorry for the consistent replies here, I think I finally managed to get it to a .PNG format via some image converter website.

Edit: apparently my iPad hates the .PNG format... Perhaps I will need to do this through a computer...

Oh! Ok then great! So when can we have this sick new banner up on the site? :)

Alright, this should be my final upload post, I am on a computer, posting my PNG file.

Edit: Yes! It finally works!

Thanks, I just need time to try them out--give me a bit  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on December 16, 2012, 03:36:45 PM
Alright, this should be my final upload post, I am on a computer, posting my PNG file.

Edit: Yes! It finally works!
GM I have alot of image/texturing tools, I can convert to.. ALOT of different formats, so if you ever need help, gimme` a shout  ;)

Or download XNView Gold Man and convert to basically any known format. http://www.xnview.com/ If it can't open it the odds are nothing can.

December 17, 2012, 12:00:26 PM #43 Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 12:28:33 PM by {U.E.F}Gamergirl
Banner? Give me a second...

These banners take the whole width, which looks better I guess. There just need some lines to be modified via CSS or maybe HTML. But this normally ain't no problem at all.
Unleashed Elemental Forces - Professional esport since 2005

My vote definitely goes to Gamergirl
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder