SWBFgamers Ranks?

Started by Helios, November 29, 2012, 05:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Droideka on November 29, 2012, 08:49:02 PM
There were alot of other posters, but most people were in the 300-800 range, not near 2,000 like AG.

Good point.  But it doesn't necessarily contradict what I said.  I never said that, in the other forums that I referenced, most people have a post count in the thousands.  I just said that there are several members with a lot of posts; they're outliers, but it's not uncommon for them to exist.  The average poster has significantly less posts.  (By the way, my response here is just proving a point.)

Generally speaking, this site has gone through many reincarnations as we've transferred host, domains, and owners multiple times. So even tho people joined days before or days after eachother the community had been around before this site so it was just a matter of activity. Led at the time was not an active poster in most parts of the forum and just stayed around the SWBF forums and DC post :)
In many ways i'm sure his post count went from an average poster to that of one of the top posting users simply from the time he took over the site and went to work keeping it active and running smoothly.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Quote from: Phobos on November 29, 2012, 06:52:09 PM
I think it goes like this pretty much

0 Newbie or Just Registered
1-25 Recruit
25+ Member
100+ Frequent Poster
500+ Advanced Member
1000+ This Man Has No Life
2000+ INTERNET ADDICT

Special titles include Admin, Moderator, Grays, Master Modder

May I ask what the Grays are or have done? I don't think I have seen anyone with the title  :blink:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

November 30, 2012, 07:01:40 AM #18 Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:03:55 AM by (212th)ComSharpshot
Darth Verik has it, i think it means a veteran of this site.
EDIT: And shouldnt there be some more ranks before between This Man Has No Life - INTERNET ADDICT
plus more after INTERNET ADDICT?
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I should mention, do the ranks also have something to do with the squares? Like how Frequent Poster has 4 yellow and Advanced has 5 yellow? :/

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on November 30, 2012, 07:17:03 AM
I should mention, do the ranks also have something to do with the squares? Like how Frequent Poster has 4 yellow and Advanced has 5 yellow? :/
It increases by one each time until Internet addict... I think.

It increases by 1 each time until you get to 6. I believe once you get ADDICT it starts over at 1. Just guessing though.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

I saw another rank: Elite Members... look at Ryancerous... Thats who has Elte Members as far as i know.

Quote from: (212th)ComSharpshot on November 30, 2012, 02:26:32 PM
I saw another rank: Elite Members... look at Ryancerous... Thats who has Elte Members as far as i know.
Because of his outstanding efforts in creating the SWBF Custom Map Review Thread.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on November 30, 2012, 02:36:19 PM
Because of his outstanding efforts in creating the SWBF Custom Map Review Thread.
Oh I see, ya it does look like a mighty job to do.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on November 30, 2012, 02:36:19 PM

That is a monumental thread.
Just maintaining it looks like it would be a big effort.

Quote from: tirpider on November 30, 2012, 02:39:13 PM
That is a monumental thread.
Just maintaining it looks like it would be a big effort.
Trust me, it is. I've fixed a lot of the links... but there are so many.

Elite Members is something we used to give out to members who contributed alot to the community, often people who won "Member of the Month" or as Unit pointed out Ryan by his review post.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

All of these ranks and titles (Internet Addict) etc. can all be changed.

Some forums, like GT use things star wars related (wamprat killer or something for new members, etc.)

Feel free to discuss some new titles or posting levels, etc.

I would like to keep colors and more "special" designations as, well, special, but we can discuss those things too.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Oh I would like some stuff Star Wars related! That would be cool! Or maybe SWBF related? Like soldier, sniper?