[WIP] "Raxus Prime: Scrap Yard"

Started by Sereja, July 08, 2018, 10:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Thanks! :)
Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 09, 2018, 04:15:33 PM
As always your maps look amazing! Will there be debris and what not to take cover behind at the more open CPs?
Well, it's mostly vehicular map and I focused here at the tanks combat, so there isn't much covers for infantry...
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Quote from: Isaac1138 on July 17, 2018, 03:46:37 PM
Are you planning on making this map a little bit like the version from "the Force Unleashed" Wii?

Becauase that would make this map more immersive since the version tends to have dense pathways and cool lighting because of the fog and acid rain.  It would be awesome to include NPCs from that level like Kazden Paradus, junk ghouls, junk titan, rodian mercernaries, and Drexl Roosh.  Props like old republic gunships, downed star destroyer or venators, and scrapped vulture droids.  You could also try making grapple droids from Ep3 video game.

Just a few ideas.
Nope. The lava cannons are realy from Force Unleashed, but Kazden Paradus lived on Raxus Prime when Republic already gone, but no any Rebel Allince appear yet. So there is no fractions to fight with for him. My version of Raxus Prime based at the old Clone Wars game, where the vehicles, but not heroes playd main role.
Quote from: Ginev on July 17, 2018, 10:07:19 PM
Darn it.He is BACK!I was thinking Sereja stoped modding.
Heh, it isn't easy to just stop modding. But because of problem with my old PC, I have rare internet connections, and mostly use other device for coming here. Typing text by using it isn't realy convinient.

Right now I will try to find some industrial echo sound of the big facilities, to make it more atmospheric.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Sereja i have an idea you could add a republic convoy like in the clone wars game amd have laser turrents for defence.
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

Unfortunately, because of problems with my PC, my modding activity is quite limited now. I was manage to install Windows XP, but a lot of modding software works incorrect or doesn't work at all with it. For example I can't convert sound files anymore, so no new music here :shrug:. Still this map is ready to play I guess, I even add some extra vehicles there (and yes this map got turrets.)
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I do not expect a lot of bugs or crashes, but if somebody wish to test it - I will send a link.

Looking good there, Sereja! I've wanted to see the MAAT in game since I played TFU on PS2. I'd be happy to test the map out.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

If there is a spot open I would love to do some extensive testing as well for you. Im sorry about your pc problems and I hope you can get them fixed soon.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

And I could probably find a way to open up a remote desktop connection to my XP computer is you need.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

So far, I've found no major glitches with the map, though I did notice that given the Jet Trooper has the Sniper Rifle and Blaster Rifle there seems to be no reason to play as the Clone Trooper class. Some of the animated objects like the giant claw in the middle of the map don't seem to have collision while animating but that's not a huge issue, I believe.

I loved the references to TFU (the Ore Cannon in the background, the MAAT in GCW). I would suggest however that it might be time to upgrade some of the weapons models - the stock ones pale in quality when compared to those you've made.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Could you send me the link? As always I want to test your maps. ;)

I hope you can return to modding without any troubles. Sincerely, SWBF1 is not the same without your AddOns!
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

Quote from: Gistech on September 30, 2018, 12:43:07 AM
So far, I've found no major glitches with the map, though I did notice that given the Jet Trooper has the Sniper Rifle and Blaster Rifle there seems to be no reason to play as the Clone Trooper class.
Hmm... That's weird: I was almost sure I didn't give a Blaster Rifle to the Jet Trooper :blink:. Perhaps he took it by himself. :P
Quote from: Gistech on September 30, 2018, 12:43:07 AM
Some of the animated objects like the giant claw in the middle of the map don't seem to have collision while animating but that's not a huge issue, I believe.
Actually those claw have a collision, at least ordnance collision. I do not know why it's hard to make soldier and vehicle collision for an animated props. Perhaps this is issue of the ZETools. For example if you took an animated bridge from SWBF2 Death Star assets and try to import & export it to the XSI by ZETools - it will loose soldier collision.

Hi Sereja,
would you send me the link to your map, please. I would be very glad to test and to play it.
Good luck for getting rid of your computer problems
                       triops

Been playing for a few hours, nothing really glitches out yet. The music seems to play fine on my end.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Looks amazing as always. I can't wait to try it!