Localization tool won't load...

Started by Ty294, November 19, 2019, 07:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys,

So, trying to get all my modding tools working again, and everything so far has been fine (or I've figured it out) except for one thing. The Localization Tool.

When I click it, the command prompt appears briefly, then immediately closes, and the tool never loads. I'm running on Windows 10, if that has anything to do with it.

I've tried looking around both here and on Gametoast but I can't seem to find my exact problem.

So I was having this problem in a different build - you are running a bat file right?
Try editing the bat file to cd (change directory) to your localization tool's folder.  So something like "cd ToolsFL\"
Then run localization tool, then cd back to original directory.  I can't remember for sure if I am remembering the right fix or not.

I'll have to look just to make sure that's the way I did it later... bat files after XP were really unhappy with implicit pathing.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

also be sure your mod tool folder has no spaces in it...

*not like*:  C:\program files\lucasarts\blah

instead

like:  c:\lucasarts\blah
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I appear to have found the problem on my own, somehow. I was missing the MultiLanguageTool.exe from my ToolsFL folder for some reason... I guess it got lost along the way of file transfers and compressions and stuff that my tools have undergone since I last modded. I downloaded the tools again and replaced it and now it works.

Thanks for the help anyway guys! I think making me look at the .bat closer helped me figure this out.