Dark Trooper Championship 2014

Started by Phobos, August 23, 2014, 02:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 23, 2014, 02:20:37 PM Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 05:54:41 AM by Phobos
DARK TROOPER CHAMPIONSHIP 2014

Videos of Matches by {Alpha}Kiwi
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7ChZ3dMWMm3_E50EJq5xAg/videos

Download DTC Here -> http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8174.msg91256#msg91256
Recent Updates To Rules -> http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8174.msg91309#msg91309

Total Kills/Headshots by end of Round 1
{212}Black Water- K25 H0
BOB.Dark Phantom- K25 H0
[FC]Anyder- K25 H0
[FC]Phobos- K25 H7
Joseph- K25 H0
BOB.Anythingpos- K0 H0
BOB.Norwood- K0 H0
ZipZap43- K0 H0
[FC]Ultimo- K3 H1
RepublicCommando- K0 H0

Total Kills/Headshots by end of Round 2
{212}Black Water- K29 H9
BOB.Dark Phantom- K30 H3
[FC]Anyder- K50 H21
[FC]Phobos- K50 H16
Joseph- K50 H0 (?)
BOB.Anythingpos- K16 H0 (?)
BOB.Norwood- K13 H6
ZipZap43- K25 H0 (?)
[FC]Ultimo- K13 H11
RepublicCommando- K25 H12

(?) = unreported

Total Kills/Headshots by end of Round 3
TBA

Prizes
- A forum award will be given to the top 4 participants based on total kills by the end of round 4/5.
- Special shotgun crosshairs will be awarded to the 4 participants with the most recorded headshots by end of tournament.

Top Kills Prizes
1st - Sapphire DTC #1 Forum Award, #1 Pistol Reticule
2nd - Emerald DTC #2 Forum Award, #1 Pistol Reticule
3rd - Ruby DTC #1 Forum Award, #3 Pistol Reticule
4th - Amethyst DTC #4 Forum Award, #3 Pistol Reticule
5th-10th - DTC Participant Forum Award, SpiderWeb, AsianEye

Top Headshots Prizes
1st - FalconWing, Elevator, AlienUFO, Hieroglyph, BatWing
2nd - AlienUFO, Hieroglyph, Batwing
3rd - Hieroglyph, Batwing
4th - Batwing

Forum Awards designed by Unit 33. Crosshair Reticules designed by Phobos. Pterosaur, Pterodactyl, KryptoDrakon, and DragonWing will possibly be available as prizes in next year's DTC tournament, details of which will be announced in October 2015.

In December 2012, there was the Mos Eisley Shotgun Tournament.

November 7th is when the Dark Trooper Championship 2014 Tournament begins! Registration is open from now until November 1st, so there is at least two months to practice for it. It could last anywhere from 3-10 weeks, depending on how many players sign up. The DTC 2014 is much more balanced than the previous tourney, and is hosted on GameMaster instead of Tunngle.

The Double Elimination System has been abandoned and instead the Swiss Bracket System will be utilized, which means everyone gets to play until the tournament ends since nobody gets eliminated. See these links for a more detailed explanation:
http://challonge.blogspot.com/2013/01/swiss-tournaments.html
http://senseis.xmp.net/?SwissPairing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss-system_tournament

Tournament Mods
- The DTC mod map folder must be placed in AddOn to play in the server. Some client customizations are available, such as toggling radar and crosshairs. See the DTC Readme for more info. *DTC mod map will be available for download before November 6th.
- Radar is automatically enabled by default for everyone. It can be manually disabled if the player so chooses.
- Default crosshairs use whatever the player has in their common.lvl. Players can also enable enhanced DTC crosshairs by Phobos if they so choose.
- Dark Troopers have White Skin Mod (by Phobos), Blue Jet Flames (by SleepKiller), Shotgun Model (by Sereja), and Enhanced Green Lasers Mod (by Phobos).
- Dark Troopers moves faster like a pilot, maxspeed buffed from 6.0 to 7.0
- Dual bacta packs always drop from kills and vanish within just 10 seconds
- Slow autoheal enabled
- Health bots disabled
- Grenades disabled
- Infinite ammo enabled
- CPs disabled
- 1 second respawn timer
- 3 second spawn protection
- Server is hosted using /noaim and 60FPS
- Main Server is hosted in Chicago by Phobos, Backup Server hosted in New York by Anyder
(post other mod suggestions for more balance)
- FPS boosting mods will be enabled by default. These can be disabled by replacing dtcmos.lvl with the stock tat2.lvl or a mod skin of your preference.

Tournament Rules
- The server password will change every 2 weeks and should only be known to participants. Admins will tell players the new password through PM/Xfire.
- All battles take place on Mos Eisley using the DTC sides mod. Each side has 25 reinforcements to start. The first player to reach 0 reinforcements loses the match.
- Endgame screenshots must be taken by at least one player/spectator or the match is considered void and must be replayed.
- For each match at least four endgame screenshots should be taken. The endstats, awards page, and details page for both players. Endstats screenshot is mandatory, the others are optional but recommended. This way the headshot data is also recorded for every match. A very special crosshair mod will be awarded to the player who has the highest headshot count at the end of tournament, regardless of their position in the final rankings.
- Sides are chosen by the tournament randomizer to prevent player disputes. The player with top slot in the bracket spawns on Rebels, Cantina Side. The player name in the bottom bracket slot spawns on Empire, Warehouse Side. However, players will need to alternate to reduce repetition. A player cannot play the same side more than two rounds in a row.
- At least one Admin or approved Spectator who knows the rules should be present at every battle. If this is not possible, it is the players' responsibility to make sure all four screenshots are taken at the end of match.
- Spectators must be approved by Admins, and are not allowed to interfere with the match at all. Specs who interfere with the battles could get banned and/or disqualified.

- Only 2 spectators may be present at once and must camp in the designated glitch area at all times.
*Show Designated Glitch Area*
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

- Priority for the 2 player slots goes in this order: Admin > Filming Spectator > Non-Filming Spectator
- A buffer round must always be played first so that the server session is fresh, under 250 seconds mission time. The buffer round is only 3 reinforcements and should not be ended until both players are ready to fight. After the buffer ends, players will wait by their CP, and the Admin/Spectator will count down from "5" to "0". Players do not fight until the number 0 appears on their screen.
- Players who disconnect from the server during an official match have up to 5 minutes to rejoin or it will be considered a loss for them. The only exception to this would be if there was 'weather-related power loss' which must be verified by an admin using IP tracer and weather radar service.
- Players may not fight matches in advance for the next week's round unless they have explicit permission from the Admins. 

Match Settings
- Each round lasts for one week. All players have a 7 day window to fight their opponent. However, the first week will be 9 days long.
- Furthermore, if the tournament is at least 7 weeks long then week 7 will last for 14 days, due to Holidays around this time.
- The deadline for posting weekly battle results is Sunday 6AM EST. The next round schedules will be posted every week by Sunday afternoon. Each week lasts 7 days except the first week which lasts 8 days.
- Players who are unable to fight their opponent within a week of the scheduled round automatically forfeit the match.
- Players are allowed to miss up to 2 battles total before being dropped from the tournament.

- Players who missed the registration deadline may not join the tournament unless someone else is dropped. In this case, their scores will be reset.
- Bonus rounds will only be required if any of the Top 5 Players are tied for ELO scores at the end. These players and anyone ranked above them will play an additional round if needed to determine the final rankings.

Scheduling Battles
Players should communicate with their opponent on either this thread, PM, or Xfire to work out an agreed battle time within the 7 day window. If your schedule is not very flexible, please make this known in advance by posting your available times to play here. Do not sign up for this tournament if you can't commit to at least one duel per week.

Anyder: Has limited time to play. Won't be ingame every day, best times are Friday/Saturday from 11AM-7:30PM EST.
Phobos: Best times are Friday/Saturday afternoon. Often unavailable through the week.
Joseph: Unsure of availability at this point. Could likely attend several matches per week.
Ultimo: Unsure of how long he can participate due to time restrictions.
Black Water: Best Times (EST) are Sunday 2:30-9:30PM and Mon/Wed 6:00-9:30PM

Weekly Schedule
The number of total rounds will be determined by how many players sign up before the October 30th Registration Deadline:
6-7 players = 3 rounds
8-9 players = 4 rounds
10-11 players = 5 rounds
12-13 players = 6 rounds
14-15 players = 7 rounds
16-17 players = 8 rounds
18-19 players = 9 rounds
20+ players = 10 rounds
*Update: Additional deathmatch rounds might be played if there are at least 10 participants to determine final top four rankings.

An additional match might be needed to determine the top 2 from the top 4.
4 rounds will be played for the top 2 competitors on the 12th and 13th. These will be broadcasted live and the first player to reach 100 kills wins. It will be spread over 4 rounds, 2 on Friday and 2 on Saturday, with a 30 minute break in between each round.

Week 1 = Friday, November 7th
Week 2 = Sunday, November 16th
Week 3 = Wednesday, November 26th
Week 4 = Saturday, December 6th

Final Match = Friday and Saturday, December 12th and 13th

Week 5 = Saturday, December 6
Week 6 = Saturday, December 13
Week 7 = Saturday, December 20
Week 8 = Saturday, January 4th
Week 9 = Saturday, January 11th
Week 10 = Saturday, January 18th

ELO Leaderboards
After the tournament ends an ELO score will be calculated based on total kill-death-ratio statistics for every participant. Total kills will be added up and divided into a scaling ELO algorothim which will approximate the relative score comparisons for each player. A perfect score will result in 2900 ELO. Forum Awards and Mod Prizes will be given to the Top 4 Players and the player with highest headshot count shortly after the tournament ends.

FAQ
Q - Why can't headshots be used to calculate ELO rankings?
A - Because for rounds where there is an odd number of players, one player has to sit out (one sit-out max per participant). This player will recieve a free 25 kill points but no headshot points. The same rule applies to someone who wins because their opponent didn't show. So the headshot total score is not factored into the final ELO rankings, and only first place for headshots will recieve an award.
Also, there might be instances where players forget to take screenshots of the headshot count. They will not receive HS points in this case, only kill points.

Q - What calculations are used for the ELO formula?
A - These will be posted later after the tournament ends. The K-factors will have to be scaled for brackets, and adjusted based on the number of rounds, so it can't be posted yet anyway.
There will be total kills added up for the entire tournament and divided into an ELO algorithm which will be determined after the number of participants, rounds, and final deathmatch rounds is determined.

Q - So every kill point helps improve your overall score, regardless of whether you win or lose the match?
A - Yes

Q - Will an award also be added for Narrow Escapes / Survivalist stats?
A - No, it is too inconsistent.

Q -
Quote from: Anyder on September 12, 2014, 12:02:10 AM
Hey guyd, join the tourney if u wanna be in the elo leaderboards  :cheers:
A - It should be noted these use dynamic-based ELO calculations, different from the DTC ELO calculations which are static-based. The ELO Leaderboards are average scores over time, and DTC Leaderboards are peak performance scores for this tournament.

Tournament Admins
Lead Admin/Host: Phobos
Co-Admins: Anyder, Joseph
Approved Spectators/Filmers: {Alpha}Kiwi

Number Of Participants: 10
Registration Roster

• {212}Black Water
  • BOB.Anythingpos
  • BOB.Dark Phantom
  • BOB.Norwood
  • [FC]Anyder
  • [FC]Helios
  • [FC]Phobos
  • [FC]Ultimo
  • Joseph
  • RepublicCommando

Old Bracket
http://challonge.com/bf1shotgun

New Bracket
http://challonge.com/DTC2014

Total Kills

Total HeadShots

Match Results Archive

Final Rankings

Shotgun Crosshairs
1. SpiderWeb - December 2011
2. AsianEye - October 2012
3. EasterEgg - January 2012
4. BatWing - February 2012
5. Hieroglyph - July 2012
6. AlienUFO  - August 2012
7. Elevator / FalconWing - December 2012
8. Pterosaur - June 2013
9. Pterodactyl - January 2014
10. KryptoDrakon - July 2014
11. DragonWing - November 2014

Please post any comments or questions you have in this thread.
Post here to sign up!

Sign me up!
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

August 23, 2014, 03:43:38 PM #2 Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 07:01:53 PM by Dark_Phantasmagorical
cute

--Do not post unless you have something constructive to say. --DP

Quote from: boomjohnson on August 23, 2014, 03:43:38 PM
cute
Just leave XD.
--
I really want to enter, unfortunately my schedule will not permit.. (this stupid thing calling itself "life" keeps getting in my way.. so ridiculous :slap: )

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on August 23, 2014, 06:02:22 PM
Just leave XD.
--
I really want to enter, unfortunately my schedule will not permit.. (this stupid thing calling itself "life" keeps getting in my way.. so ridiculous :slap: )
there are some swiss tournament formats which allow players with limited time to attend just a few rounds, i'll read some more into that. perhaps having 2-4 player bracket slots reserved for 'guest players' like this would be feasible.

anyder also suggested adding more maps besides mos eisley . possibly maps such as citadel, arena, streets, and kamino (gcw). this will be taken into consideration as there is plenty of time to modify the rules before the tourney begins.

September 12, 2014, 12:02:10 AM #6 Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:33:59 AM by Anyder
Hey guys, join the tourney if u wanna be in the elo leaderboards  :cheers:
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

I will join this tournament. :)
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Just reminding -->  Registration deadline: 30th of October

If its ok I would like to be a filming spectator, will probably miss most of the battles though.

Anyder has convinced me.

I'm entering in the tournament.
But, like I told him, I can't guarantee how long I'll even be in the tournament. If you know me, you know I have bad luck with real-life getting in the way of these things.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Ultimo on September 28, 2014, 06:46:00 AM
Anyder has convinced me.

I'm entering in the tournament.
But, like I told him, I can't guarantee how long I'll even be in the tournament. If you know me, you know I have bad luck with real-life getting in the way of these things.
welcome to the tournament! some rules have recently been updated in red font.

Some updates:
- There will not be rewards for survivalist / narrow escapes.
- There will be forum awards and prizes for 1st-4th place and highest total headshots.
- The DTC map should be finished by October 19th or sooner.
- The rules on using sub players will be expanded on later.

September 28, 2014, 12:42:44 PM #13 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:18:50 AM by Black Water
I'll sign up. Will there be a time limit for matches to prevent players from prelonging matches? I do not want to waste a lot of time chasing players because they may have nothing else to do, but others do, or have the match canceled because of someone having somewhere to go.

Read the rules, everything is explained there (however the answer is yes)