Hotkey

Started by -=(212) Nixo=-, March 10, 2013, 09:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
After scrolling through my swbf videos I have noticed there are a lot of "random" pictures I have not noticed taking. I think this is because of a hotkey that is set somewhere. Any ideas where this could be? I think it has something to do with the game but I am not certain.

Quote from: {212} Nixo on March 10, 2013, 09:53:32 AM
After scrolling through my swbf videos I have noticed there are a lot of "random" pictures I have not noticed taking. I think this is because of a hotkey that is set somewhere. Any ideas where this could be? I think it has something to do with the game but I am not certain.
Yeah I have a whole folder of odd screenshots, there is an option to set screenshotting to a particular key, I had set it to the same key as the one I use for view switching...
It's in the controls menu somewhere (If that's the thing you're referring to).

The default button for an in-game screenshot is "P", and it can be changed in the controls menu of the game very easily.

I'm not exactly sure where it stores these screenshots, but I assume it actually takes pictures because when I press the screenshot button in-game it freezes my screen for a quick second.

By default "P" is the screenshot button. All screenshots taken by pressing "P" are saved in the GameData folder in a folder named "Screenshots."

Quote from: UNIT 33 on March 10, 2013, 10:26:02 AM
Yeah I have a whole folder of odd screenshots, there is an option to set screenshotting to a particular key, I had set it to the same key as the one I use for view switching...
It's in the controls menu somewhere (If that's the thing you're referring to).
Yeah that's what I mean :P
Quote from: Agent Z on March 10, 2013, 11:02:59 AM
The default button for an in-game screenshot is "P", and it can be changed in the controls menu of the game very easily.

I'm not exactly sure where it stores these screenshots, but I assume it actually takes pictures because when I press the screenshot button in-game it freezes my screen for a quick second.
I will have to change it then, I must be pressing this button a lot :/
Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 10, 2013, 12:06:21 PM
By default "P" is the screenshot button. All screenshots taken by pressing "P" are saved in the GameData folder in a folder named "Screenshots."
Yeah that's where I found these odd pics

Quote from: {212} Nixo on March 10, 2013, 01:01:39 PM
Yeah that's what I mean :P I will have to change it then, I must be pressing this button a lot :/ Yeah that's where I found these odd pics
Note that when you redefine the key you want to use in the options menu it will actually take a screenshot at that moment of redefinition.

Go into options, in-game, and where it says screenshot u can choose a hotkey to take pictures, remember it though or else this will keep repeating
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios