Started by -Matt, December 10, 2010, 12:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

will you support me?

yes
18 (72%)
no
7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 25

So, after reading through a bunch of stuff, i didn't notice the status of modding. Will the released/general talk be available anywhere on this new site? For me at least, i don't participate in the meetings and whatnot here on MPC, but i still come to this site every week to see whats going on in the swbf world.

i wouldn't say that the community is toxic, just that your type of people or friends don't play anymore. there's lots of players still American and other countries worldwide that play and compete with each other.

you should keep something to do with the swbf talk on your new site. it doesn't have to be as extensive as this current one, but your really letting down those people who still play and appreciate what this site provides.

Regarding "where the heck will all the members who come here solely for SWBF will go if MPC closes?!?!":

I guess the best option is the same option chosen when MacXGamers closed down, re-open the original forum:
http://s7.invisionfree.com/SWBF_GR_Discussion

The archive there should contain a marvelous history of SWBF Mac and its members. ^_^

#TYBG

pixel dreams is the answer

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

nvm

:facepalm: self

MPC will be transferred to a new owner and will remain up as long as I have enough money to pay the bills. I will not be taking an active role in moderation.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Just spent some time talking with Lord Hobojo on GR. it reminded me of the times when there were often rooms filled with 10+ players. Peps playing and excited about the game. I think more than the game it was just a common interest in this cool thing called SWBF and how it wasn't like so many other games. Yeah, shooting eachother in the bottom was cool but using well grounded strategy was key also.

So many of the old clan members are gone or playing other games but I bet it wouldn't take that much to get them back being they still had their SWBF disc and the desire to play

That being said all things have a cycle and SWBF is at a low point but beyond the game is that so many of us here are still around and talking and if we want...this community will last as long as those involved wish.

I really still enjoy this game and hope I see you all more on GR and you kick my bottom as hard as you can!

Best,
Pancho

It sadden's me. How one thing to another eventually shuts down. Soon, there will be nothing to shut down in the Star Wars Battlefront World. Who knows... They may even shut SWBF down...

All we can do it: Stay active, Play the game, LIKE SWBF, And Stick together!
{Never Forget} **You Will Always Miss 100% Percent's Of The Shots You Don't Take!**

"\\EVER//"

Yep its just like when ms wanted to shut off online for halo 2 players

i hope SWBF will stay up.. I mean like.. I really don't want to move onto SWBF2!!.... :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
{Never Forget} **You Will Always Miss 100% Percent's Of The Shots You Don't Take!**

"\\EVER//"

I blame Lucas Arts for not sticking to one of their most successful and loved SW games!
Stuff the spin offs, revive SWBF 3!

Here is Co-optimus's list of games that have multiplayer online mode. You can sort the table for various qualifiers.

http://www.co-optimus.com/system.php?id=4&sort=online&direction=ASC

thx alot dude

"\\EVER//"

It wasn't that successful yule nit. Swbf as sales go, plenty surpass it 

Did you see where I wrote "ONE OF"? It's there for a reason.
SWBF was one of the highest selling SW games, at it's time, on the PS2. :D