Dedicated Server Error

Started by Fordo, October 17, 2010, 04:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I downloaded the dedicated server software from PLA Led's Hosting Dedicated Servers guide and I had Bamdur make me a .bat for it (since mine didnt create a Battlefront Server.ini) and when I try to use the server info window to boot/ban people I get this error "The procedure entry point I_CertDiagControl could not be located in dynamic link library CRYPT32.dll." and then it crashes my server. Any help?

Is there a crypt32.dll on your system? It will be in C:/Windows/System32. Or SysWOW64 if you have Windows 7.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Yes, I do have a crypt32.dll in C:/Windows/System32

This is the code I put in the .bat btw
battlefront.exe  /win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound /tps 30 /gamename CloudCityNoCP /playerlimit 8 /playercount 1 /bots 2 /noteamdamage /sideselect /difficulty 3 /throttle 3072 /spawn 10 bes2a 500 500 /noaim /unlimitedammo

Do you get the same error with the GUI ?

(Note that you must run the GUI once to create the intial ini file.)

Buckler/Led
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

My GUI never created a ini, thats why I had to get a .bat for it

It creates an ini file.

You probably have system files hidden.  In my version of windows, I have to go to
windows explorer
tools
folder options
view
check:  show hidden files and folder
uncheck: hide extensions for known file types
uncheck:  hide protected operating system files

Now, that is besides the point.  Do you get the same error when you use the GUI ?

I do not have system files hidden

When I ran the battlefront server.exe it never created a Battlefront Server.ini

But yes when I run the dedicated software using the battlefront server.exe I can boot/ban/look at their IP fine but when I use the .bat I get the error and it crashes my server.

October 18, 2010, 04:43:45 AM #7 Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 04:53:56 AM by Buckler
Quote from: Fordo on October 17, 2010, 04:56:13 PM
Yes, I do have a crypt32.dll in C:/Windows/System32

This is the code I put in the .bat btw
battlefront.exe  /win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound /tps 30 /gamename CloudCityNoCP /playerlimit 8 /playercount 1 /bots 2 /noteamdamage /sideselect /difficulty 3 /throttle 3072 /spawn 10 bes2a 500 500 /noaim /unlimitedammo

Try this:
path c:\Windows\System32;%path%
battlefront.exe  /win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound /tps 30 /gamename CloudCityNoCP /noaim /unlimitedammo /playerlimit 8 /playercount 1 /bots 2 /noteamdamage /sideselect /difficulty 3 /throttle 3072 /spawn 10 bes2a 500 500

The first line in the batch file sets the windows system path.  If this is not where your missing file resides, then modify the line accordingly.

Since it looks for maps at the end of the command line, also move the other commands up in the second line.

I wont argue with you about the .ini file, but be sure that system files are visible in the battlefront directory
and that the bat file is located in this same directory.  If you have run the GUI and don't have an ini file, well, lets just say I dont believe it  ;)

After you show system files, then sort this folder by date.  The Ini file will be the last created file, since it gets modified each time the GUI is run.

Hey guys, Fordo u said it didnt create a server.ini file. it did but not where u expected check in these folders for it
C:/users/urname/appdata/Local/Virtualstore/program files(x86)/lucasarts/star wars battlefront PC server/battlefront server.ini

i checked and that is where mien is

Thanks Bamdur I checked where u said it should be and I found it! Thanks everyone for your help.

Ya, i don't even have a .bat file for my swbf pc server (i would like on, please bamdur :)
Also, I went all the way up to where you get to the /yourname part, then i coulden't find the appdata, please help :'(
{Never Forget} **You Will Always Miss 100% Percent's Of The Shots You Don't Take!**

"\\EVER//"