Hey kiddies, heres how we played back in the old days

Started by -[JCA]- Love, March 18, 2009, 11:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I hate staying back in my cp and sniping, I always charge full speed and use my nades to kill any rockets or pilots. I always keep my aim at head level for easy headshots, and people wonder how i do it. If sniping was so easy everyone would be really good at it. Oh and, on PC online the first unit people really liked alot was sniper, it was always popular.

Good 'ol missile v. missile fights. I can't believe I missed this topic. I noticed recently that many of the best players use mines often to constrict where the enemy can roll and jump.

Speaking of snipers, I just love the semi-auto sniper rifles in Ryan's jetmod.
Playing SWBF on a Mac Since 4.6 years ago!

Quote from: "Yankee"lol? copying you?

Whenever i first started playing Battlefront on a Mac, the only person that i knew that used a sniper well, and often, was A-99. Then when i started getting better on my laptop and got back to my full strength, it seemed that everyone and their mother was using sniper in servers with me. Although, i got to hand it to them, the only way they had a chance against me was to either use a sniper or to try and sneak up and flank me, cause noone could get close enough to me to kill me and even if they did, im just as good in close range as long range xD

(not trying to sound like im bragging, just pointing out that i think i started this whole sniping phenomenon)

wrong the biggest sniper was Millionare

Actually I'd have to say Frenchie > Yankee > Mill (though not by much.)

I talked to Yankee a while back and he said there was this 1.0 guy named Rich or something that beat him 32 - 8 or something. Sorry if I'm wrong, so I have Rich > Yankee = Frenchie > Mill (Yankee and Frenchie tied in a sniping duel that wasn't even a sniping duel. It was close range sniping)

Not to brag but I know I'm better than Yankee at sniping, not by alot but i am sure i'm better seeing i have beaten him before ;-) . But rich is better than me.

i personally find, beating someone still doesn't mean your better, i'm much better at playing with a team then i am in a 1v1 duel, i don't know why, but in a duel ill go 4/20 but in games i might go 20/1 or more, i guess its just my style of play, but i don't consider beating someone, especally in a duel to mean your better then them, but more so, just to mean you were better at that time, in those circumstances.

on the note of you charging with the sniper  and using nades to take on rockets on the PC servers, while i can see it, on PC servers you also have TK off so your nades don't hurt yourself, so even if you don't time it with time to get away, you still live..., along with nade jumping....such silly people :P
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

i use ceiling bounce nades on cc, meaning that it bounces off the ceiling and sticks on the ground. Almost all the nade moves i use wouldn't kill me if TK was on. And either with teams or 1 on 1 i know im better than yankee :P (no offense to yankee) he's really good too.

I agree with HC, there's much more to being a good player than being a good shot.  I think most PC servers have teamkills or team damage on noawadays but in the few that have it off nade jumping can be real fun!  You can also play a neat game of player pidgeon shooting! You drop a nade and try to shoot the players as they fly thru the air! PULL!

That can be tricky with lag Dresh. But a fun way to humiliate your foes.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

I wouldnt sat swbf is a snipefest, far from! There are still loads of players run about using the other units!  Organised groups (clans mainly) usually have a good spread of units.  Everybody has their place/use. even Mr Sniperson!

Nah, it's not a snipefest. Rocketeers are still by far the most common unit. The only people who constantly snipe and nothing else are Legends, and most of the games I've been playing recently have thankfully been mostly Legends-free.
Playing SWBF on a Mac Since 4.6 years ago!

Legends are full of Jets that still sucks.

#TYBG

/agree

Sometime I think I may make a rocket-only tournament. Any thoughts on that? (and jets dont count as rocket)

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

That sounds like way fun. Everywhere you look you could see a flying body.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).