Hey kiddies, heres how we played back in the old days

Started by -[JCA]- Love, March 18, 2009, 11:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
our ages are irrelevant, the age of the game is TP.

Dresh, I believe he was just saying that stuff to give an idea how it was on GR back then :P

lol, I wasn't being overly serious!  I just thought it was funny hearing Love talk about the game the way I would talk about something from my childhood!  That's why I had to point out that the game is only 5 years old.  Sorry if I sounded defensive...wasn't my intention!

Nono I agree with you too, you didn't sound defensive :P It was funny

Well I"ve been playing earlier on in the day, and I was trying out sniper, and was getting pretty dominant during the nub hours, so I guess a few might be copying my close ranged sniper style. Maybe not though, and I'm still better with rockets.

lol? copying you?

Whenever i first started playing Battlefront on a Mac, the only person that i knew that used a sniper well, and often, was A-99. Then when i started getting better on my laptop and got back to my full strength, it seemed that everyone and their mother was using sniper in servers with me. Although, i got to hand it to them, the only way they had a chance against me was to either use a sniper or to try and sneak up and flank me, cause noone could get close enough to me to kill me and even if they did, im just as good in close range as long range xD

(not trying to sound like im bragging, just pointing out that i think i started this whole sniping phenomenon)

_(VS)_ Head Lead
Yankee

March 21, 2009, 10:06:44 AM #21 Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 10:57:27 AM by Khyler
who cares. no classes require skill.
all you do is shoot to click basically. i mean if you have adhd and are extremely hyper that's a bonus for shooting fast but other than that...?

Khyler, that's why everyone owns you in Battlefront. It is a game of skill.

#TYBG

haha what are you talking about. i barely play and people don't own me

All classes require skill khy. If I were to just walk up and shoot at any of the good players, they'd to do some awesome rolling jump and shoot me before I could react. That's skill there.

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

no, all you do is press buttons on a keyboard. that isn't skill. Sure, you might say they knew to do that. but that's knowledge

I don't snipe because I suck at it. Also, it's just not as satisfying as a rocket kill. When you snipe someone they just fall over. With a rocket they go 100 ft in the air and do so many somersaults that they could get a gold in the olympics.

Skill is the ability to do something well. You get more kills than deaths in swbf you're doing it well, as in with skill.

i only use games to put my stress away WHO cares that your good or not maybe if your in the world gamers champion ship  that you might think you need "as you say it" skill  maybe some1 who plays it often then the other 1 is better or the 1 who has the game longer. but i think you shouldnt judge some1 only because hes "the best" because if you see some1 like destructor you have respect for him but if you see a noob/ some1 new you immediately think your better

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Khyler is it skill to be the worlds top clay pigeon shooter?  i personally find shooting a gun on the computer and shooting a gun in real life take about the same amount of skill, you have to know how to do it yes, but it is still a skill to condole that knowledge, to shoot a clay pigeon you must aim, pull the trigger and then repeat if needed, to shoot a pigeon in a video game, you must aim and push the trigger, and then repeat if needed. while one may have to be loaded, cleaned, stored more so then the other, its all still skill you aim and shoot with a gun in real life just as you aim and shoot with a gun in a game.

as such -
QuoteA skill (also called talent) is the learned capacity to carry out pre-determined results often with the minimum outlay of time, energy, or both. Skills can often be divided into domain-general and domain-specific skills. For example, in the domain of work, some general skills would include time management, teamwork and leadership, self motivation and others, whereas domain-specific skills would be useful only for a certain job. Skill usually requires a certain environmental stimuli and situation to assess the level of skill being shown and used.
^Wikipedia^

just cause, a skill is just an action preformed that you have the knowledge to do well. weapons are up to those who use them, many people enjoy the staying back and having to fight for that perfect shot around 5 teammates in the hallway to get that headshot on the other sniper vise you in the other CP, while some like the close intense battle of a rocket on rocket fight with 2 veteran fighters, some even enjoy mixing that of and running in with a sniper and fighting the rockets close handed, to few's avail they live. so all in all- life is based on personal preference and so is the weapon of choice in this game, i find much honor in fighting any person who respects me as much as they can, and i will try to respect them back just the same. Alas with that, there is no reason to fight over if the good old days in your mind set be it rocket on rocket battles, or sniper on sniper- or even pilot on everything, the game is what brought us together, and the game is where it should all stay.

Hardcore
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Very well said Hc, has a poetic ring to it. Sorry to have caused all this drama, i feel bad now :(

_(VS)_ Head Lead
Yankee