Worth installing SWBF2?

Started by «ΙΞ¢KØ», March 03, 2013, 08:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey im home for break, and was just wondering if it was worth installing swbf 2, if anyone here played or if it was active any more.
(or did it suffer the same fate as swbf?)
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

March 03, 2013, 08:54:00 PM #1 Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:55:34 PM by -RepublicCommando-
XD
SWBFII is more fun than SWBF1 (aside the the regular sides.... the heroes, ships, and fake console are brilliant!)

And very many of us play it I believe..
I was on with 3 or 4 of the Alphas yesterday, some of us 212th are on every once and a while (I am on there quite a bit actually)

And there are allot of regular daily players (over 200 I think).
It is very much worth installing, you will also want to install  Dark Times modification (as of it works with online without uninstalling the mods) and perhaps the SWBF2 1.3 patch that it comes with, it is worth having as well.
Link: http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Dark_Times_II_Rising_Son;116087

Best mod for SWBF2 IMO.
You will love fake console <3

Edit: And if you like playing Hero assault,  SWGO 'clan' and a few other clans host  Mos Eisley Hero FFA/Duels    Which are INCREDIBLY fun to do on weekends.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on March 03, 2013, 08:54:00 PM
SWBFII is more fun than SWBF1
That is a matter of opinion. It is fun, but I think SWBFI is more fun. Mods or no mods SWBFI is more fun to me (and probably others here as well).
To answer your question, sure install it if you want! It only takes like 10 mins.

March 03, 2013, 09:19:48 PM #3 Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:22:43 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Kit, if SWBF1 had 'real' heroes, do you not thing it would be just ask fun as SWBFII?
I agree it's alot more fun for playing regular star-wars sides, but it gets dull not being able to play as a hero or fly in space (where the gravity is turned off for ships FTW)

SWBF has much better gameplay than swbf2 in the soldier-sniper-rocket aspect, but everything else SWBF2 has more than BF1, makes up for all that.

If I had to choose, I'd definitely take BF1 over BF2 (just because the fact that BF1 was my first 3D shooter :P)

Oh, and the SWBFII DarkTimes mod is a big download, so you might think you don't want to go throught the trouble of all that.. But It really is worth it^^

March 03, 2013, 09:32:17 PM #4 Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:03:25 PM by Roxas
The online isn't nearly as fun as BF1 in my opinion. Not to mention the aim is hyper-sensitive compared to BF1. Warning: If you try to snipe in BF2 like you do in BF1, you will be in a world of pain. Not to mention that a lot of players use mega-noob combos like force push-dash attack and force choke-normal attack (on the Heros' Assault). I think the game is too advanced for itself for online play. On SWBF1 it's more relaxing.

SWBF2 is great (never played it on pc, just ps2), but for me, the fx and animations detract from it. 

I'd love to see in-game interface mods for BF2 that scaled some of the improvments back. It would be worth it for me then.

But then, I'm an oddball and still play M.U.L.E. on the nes, and I'm not much of an online gamer.

BF2 has quite a following still, and I understand they have lots of players online.  I say give it a shot.  If you don't like it, it's not that expensive so it's not much of a loss.

(My machine can't run it or I would have it installed just for the Star Wars factor.)

I'd be tempted just for the mods personally, like all those Capital Strike ones... oooh...

With all my respect, Jedis and ships are for noobs.
Nobody has ever put it on Opentrain servers...
Indeed BF2 Is so funny, till ACE doesnt stop owning u LoL
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: tirpider on March 03, 2013, 09:53:14 PM
(My machine can't run it or I would have it installed just for the Star Wars factor.)
Pretty much why I play games. If there was a shooter exactly like SWBF (battlefield?) I probably wouldn't play it. Don't get me wrong I love SWBFII. But I just think SWBFI is superior.

March 04, 2013, 08:50:03 AM #9 Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 08:51:52 AM by Droideclaus
I think it's still worth it to install SWBF2. There's still a lot of folks on multiplayer, you can easily find a Hero Assault game, or a regular conquest game. As Unit said, I'd reinstall for the mods too, SWBF2 has a ton of great ones.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

I pretty much play SWBF 2 for mods (had like 200 maps once).Ya its fun to play online,but i dont like how noob can people play there,like,i hate when people all go pilot and start to throw those detpacks,its like C4 in COD...Its fun,but not near as fun SWBF1 is in my opinion,i play there when none is playing SWBF1 or when some old guys from other clans invite me.

I guess being a Battlefrontian, I'l put my two cents into this:

SWBFII does have some very cool mods, including some full on Campaigns and Galactic Conquests! The Fake Console and the Dark Rising mods are among the most popular.

As far as gameplay goes, aiming is very sensitive, so I play with my mouse sensitivty just below 40 or around 30. There are no crosshairs for the sniper, so you will need to zoom all the time to aim for a target properly, unless you can adapt quickly and figure out where on the screen your shots will appear. There are a wide variety of classes, though I'm not to keen on the points system they developed for unlocking them.

The community as a whole is sparse, very sparse. You can find clans here and there, everywhere else is just lone wolf or small groups of people. There have been no tournaments with other clans from what I've heard of. The clans themselves are just spread out, too far for much contact or warring with. Strangely though, the clans are "classified" under different types, either Conquest, Hero Assault, or CTF.

There's alot of servers up, far too many infact, and most servers have 0-1 players on, with the more popular servers gathering around 10-40 people. I would have to say there's on average about 120 players online or more, per day.

To summarize, if you want to install SWBF2, go ahead. If you want to play Multiplayer, be warned that hero assault servers will force choke and push you, and then do a combo to kill you. For Conqest or CTF, expect detpacks to be thrown alot. If you want to play it singleplayer, get some mods, you will have alot of fun with them.

Simplified summary, only install if you don't want to go up against Hero Assault Force Users, or Flying Detpacks.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 04, 2013, 06:36:42 AM
Pretty much why I play games. If there was a shooter exactly like SWBF (battlefield?) I probably wouldn't play it. Don't get me wrong I love SWBFII. But I just think SWBFI is superior.

BF1942 was published before SWBF1.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on March 04, 2013, 10:07:39 AM
Simplified summary, only install if you don't want to go up against Hero Assault Force Users, or Flying Detpacks.
This resumes pretty much everything.

Quote from: Disciple on March 04, 2013, 10:16:32 AM
This resumes pretty much everything.

Really?  Actually, it contradicts what he wrote in the summary.

Summary: [Caveat emptor, in SWBF2 many people use (cheap tactics) and you probably won't enjoy this.]
Simplified summary: [The only reason to install is if you don't want to play people who use (cheap tactics).]