Where do I get a map editor?

Started by ThePlushieZone, January 05, 2018, 04:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I used Pandemic's software, but the file: binkw32.bin was missing from the folder, I need a map editor so I can begin working on my PS2 mods...

Anyone know a good safe software?

If so, let me know where I can find it, or PM with a mediafire download!  :o

I'm not familiar with PS2 modding but I don't believe there is a program to make maps on other than Zeroeditor.

Here's a thread about the missing file you mentioned: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=9220.0

You will need to install the PC version of SWBF2 in order to properly install and use the SWBF2 mod tools.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

The file structure of the PC version is similar, if not almost the same as the PS2 Battlefront II, I need a program to make maps, I can handle all of the other data concerns, such as memory, and graphics... (maybe) But I need a program that makes new maps, (lvl files) from scratch. I dont have the PC version, and my computers are not for gaming, but mainly for programming...

Quote from: MamaLuigi on January 06, 2018, 10:44:13 AM
The file structure of the PC version is similar, if not almost the same as the PS2 Battlefront II, I need a program to make maps, I can handle all of the other data concerns, such as memory, and graphics... (maybe) But I need a program that makes new maps, (lvl files) from scratch. I dont have the PC version, and my computers are not for gaming, but mainly for programming...

You need the SWBF2 mod tools.  Those contain everything you need to make all different lvl files, except that you will also need to install the game (PC version), too.  You make the mod using the PC version, then you adjust it for PS2. 

Get the steam version for $10-15 and apply our reversion patch to get the game back to the 2005 version.

You have been given a link to the SWBF2 mod tools in another post.

My impression from reading your post is that you don't completely realize what you need to make mods yet, but if you read this post carefully, it is explained.

I understand I need the PC version, but I cant buy stuff if I dont know if it will work. I'm in a very tough situation with how andemic made this stuff work! I'll look into it some other time, but for now I'll just ask others if they want to help port PC maps to PS2.

Quote from: MamaLuigi on January 06, 2018, 04:13:11 PM
I understand I need the PC version, but I cant buy stuff if I dont know if it will work. I'm in a very tough situation with how andemic made this stuff work! I'll look into it some other time, but for now I'll just ask others if they want to help port PC maps to PS2.

Do you have steam?  I will buy the game for you.

Thanks for the offer, but I do not like doing stuff like that.

The internet is very dangerous, and I understand you want to be nice but I can't accept your offer.

Also I don't have Steam.

Quote from: MamaLuigi on January 06, 2018, 04:27:40 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I do not like doing stuff like that.

The internet is very dangerous, and I understand you want to be nice but I can't accept your offer.

Also I don't have Steam.

Well, the way it would work, is that I send you a PM with a steam key.

But good luck using the internet.

From your original message I gather you tried to run 'BF2_Modtools.exe'? That executable is a special build of the PC version of the game for debugging mods. It needs to go beside the game's normal executable to work.

It sounds like you've managed to install the modtools. But it sounds like you still need to read the documentation that comes with them. (I can't check now but I'm pretty sure what I wrote above is explained in Getting Started or something like that.) You should be able to do what you want without owning the game on PC, you just need to study how the modtools and game works a bit more. Reading through the modtools documentation would be a good place to start.

I need BattlefrontII.exe, I'll find the PC game disc at a thrift store, but for now I'll need to ask others to do it for me.