Hello fellow Clones

Started by CapoFantasma97, December 07, 2017, 11:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
For the Republic!

I played A LOT of SWBF1 and 2 on PS2. They are a masterpiece of my childhood.

In the recent years, I rediscovered the game on PC, rarely going for multiplayer as the only thing I could use was an executable mod to connect to some community servers, which unfortunately shut down fairly quickly. Sometimes I gave the game a go again, just for the single player, as unfortunately my current Internet Provider doesn't allow me to use tools like GameRanger, due to locked ports on the main repeater of the flat complex (I even unsuccessfully tried to get my way inside its control panel, but it had a very tight password).

Then, I learned recently that servers were re-opened officially. That's bonkers!
Looks like it only works with Steam and GOG editions, so I guess I'll have to buy the game on Steam during the Winter Sales. Hoping it's a direct connection and doesn't require me to open ports, then I'd be back to square one!

SWBFgamers.com also supports multiplayer using the Gamemaster service called SWBFspy.com  (beware of similar sounding fakes).

For PC you just need a patch for either SWBF1 or SWBF2 (originals from Pandemic) that are available right here.

You can play on a PS2 even, or an emulator.

Our SWBFspy service works just the same as Gamespy did back in the day. 

Welcome  :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

December 07, 2017, 12:20:47 PM #2 Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 03:09:58 PM by Anyder
Welcome to SWBFGamers!  :cheers:
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Welcome! Welcome!
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Welcome  :cheers:
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base