Author Topic: Player of the Month  (Read 189 times)

Anyder

• Learning Manager
  • Community Ambassador
  • Lavish Poster
  • Awards DET1-admin To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month SWBF LeaderBoards 2-first ICW4 Winner A member of the winning team of ICW6 Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: AnyderMotionless
Player of the Month
« on: November 28, 2017, 05:29:39 PM »
The Player of the Month is an award and title given to the SWBFSpy Player that gets #1 position in at least one of the following gameservers:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Awards will be given here every month before stats are restarted every last day of the month, and the titles will be assigned to the players in the 2 following applications: TS3 (Address: "ts3.swbfspy-engagement.com:9987") & Discord (http://discord.me/SWBFSpy)

There will be 2 different awards, one for each game: SWBF1 & SWBF2.
If anyone has any question, feel free to post it below.

--
Anyder - Learning Manager & SWBFSpy Engagement.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 10:47:59 AM by Anyder »
| SWBFSpy Manager | Learning Manager & SWBFSpy Engagement | communityambassador@swbfgamers.com

| WhatsApp: +34 602 67 61 20

SWBFSpy Info Website: http://info.swbfspy.com

"Never stop learning"

Black Water

• {212}
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Awards Participated in the ICW5 ICW3 Winner ICW2 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • 212th Site
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
Re: Player of the Month
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 01:00:26 AM »
I think it would be nice to take kills per minute into account as well when giving out the awards. IMO, that shows a greater indication of skill rather than the amount of time played, which would most likely correlate with the most kills.

Anyder

• Learning Manager
  • Community Ambassador
  • Lavish Poster
  • Awards DET1-admin To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month SWBF LeaderBoards 2-first ICW4 Winner A member of the winning team of ICW6 Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 10:04:34 AM »
I think it would be nice to take kills per minute into account as well when giving out the awards. IMO, that shows a greater indication of skill rather than the amount of time played, which would most likely correlate with the most kills.
It is player of the month, not "top skilled". People can get the #1 place by either spending hours or just killing a lot.
| SWBFSpy Manager | Learning Manager & SWBFSpy Engagement | communityambassador@swbfgamers.com

"Never stop learning"

Dark_Phantom

• The Official Ghost
  • Moderators
  • Advanced Member
  • Awards To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month A member of the winning team of ICW6 A member of the winning team of ICW5 Administered events in ICW5 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site ICW3 Participant Recognizes a winner of an Amateur Modding Contest on this site.
    • View Profile
    • The BOBclan
    • Awards
  • PSN: phantom567459
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: phantom567459
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 10:27:42 AM »
Also, to take kills per minute into account would be worse - someone could just join one server, get 20 kills in a minute, and then never show up again.  It defeats the purpose of activity.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Anyder

• Learning Manager
  • Community Ambassador
  • Lavish Poster
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 10:33:59 AM »
Also, to take kills per minute into account would be worse - someone could just join one server, get 20 kills in a minute, and then never show up again.  It defeats the purpose of activity.
Exactly.
Tomorrow I'll write an update on the situation of this month  :cheers:

"Never stop learning"

Black Water

• {212}
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Awards Participated in the ICW5 ICW3 Winner ICW2 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • 212th Site
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 04:15:00 PM »

I said take KPM into account--not completely base it off those statistics. That would defeat the purpose of the activity.

For example, let's say the top 3 players based on kills had scores of 1,200, 1,178, and 1140. However, number one had a KPM of .95 and number two had a KPM of 3.45. In this situation, I'd say number two is player of the month, especially if it took number one a longer time to reach that number.

It's only a suggestion of course, as I don't see why Player of the Month should solely be based on the number of kills. Not like I have any personal stake in this and the current leader, Eternal, seems to be in good standing in both categories.

It is player of the month, not "top skilled". People can get the #1 place by either spending hours or just killing a lot.

Exactly, player of the month, not "Most kills", which was why I suggested adding more to it.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 04:20:12 PM by Black Water »

Anyder

• Learning Manager
  • Community Ambassador
  • Lavish Poster
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 04:20:40 PM »
I said take KPM into account--not completely base it off those statistics. That would defeat the purpose of the activity.

For example, let's say the top 3 players based on kills had scores of 1,200, 1,178, and 1140. However, number one had a KPM of .95 and number two had a KPM of 3.45. In this situation, I'd say number two is player of the month, especially if it took number one a longer time to reach that number.

It's only a suggestion of course, as I don't see why Player of the Month should solely be based on the number of kills. Not like I have any personal stake in this and the current leader, Eternal, seems to be in good standing in both categories.
I could be idle for a long time, and that time would ruin my KPM ratio.

It is based on kills for a simple reason: if someone needs more time to get more kills, it means he's making an effort.
Reaching X amounts of kills is only a matter of will.

"Never stop learning"