Network Error (-610). I tried to access online ps2 star wars battlefront. Help

Started by Nster7, August 24, 2017, 09:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi anybody,

I live in Australia and tried to access the online star wars battlefront severs using the dns code on oldsnakes youtube video but all i get is that error.

Rip help

hi Nster7 a few questions for you are you using a router is your game ntsc? or auto setup using the game disc or network startup disc? if using a router you will have to enter in the info for your router. in the vid example i enter in the info for my router. your router info can be found on a pc pluged into your router. click start then type run in search box.open run type cmd inside run box. a new box will open in the box type ipconfig/all copy down this info and use it to fill in the blanks on the network startup disc. also if using a router you will need to give your ps2 a static ip and port forward 3658,3659 to the new static ip for your ps2 or put your ps2 into the dmz. https://portforward.com/ is a great place for this info/setup help. the auto setup can be used with cable modem then changing the dns#'s to manual.  1# dns number = 74.91.125.138 and your second dns# 45.7.228.197
to use the pal servers use
dns #1   45.7.228.197  xCrISTiAhNx
dns #2   67.249.159.113 bobz

Hey man thanks for the reply but this is all a bunch of information thrown at me and i have no idea of any of it. A have a slim ps2 if that helps sorry. Where do i start?

hi Nster7 how do you connect to the internet? cable modem/dslbox? are you using a router? is your game ntsc version? game version can be found on the spine of the game case. are you using the game dvd or the network startup disc to make the config *they are both the same and do the same job of saving the network config*? do you have a memory card for the ps2 to setup the network config and save it? if using a cable modem or dsl box plug the wire rj45 into the back of the ps2 and into the cable box/dsl box what ever you are using. then use auto setup selection from the startup disc/gamedvd. under dns# selection is option auto or manual on the startup disc/gamedvd use manual setup and enter in the dns numbers for ntsc = 74.91.125.138 and your second dns# 45.7.228.197                                     for pal version use dns #1   45.7.228.197  xCrISTiAhNx
dns #2   67.249.159.113 bobz test the connection from the startup disc/gamedvd if it is successful save the profile and name it swbfspy. after saving the profile on the memory card reboot the ps2. *if using the game dvd it will do this automatically* if using the cd network startup disc remove it. put the game disc in and try to play online select the profile you saved on the memory card. here is a vid showing how it is done to play in the servers.

Thanks Oldsnake,

I use the cable at the back of the ps2 and connect it to the modem for internet. I am using the auto connection from the game disc and not the network disc. Using those dns numbers i entered in the manual part of choosing how you want the dnas to be. I have the pal version of the game. When the ps2 asked me if i wanted to check the internet connection it said it was fine. Only as it was authorizing back when i get to the internet/lan menu and choose internet i got this error. Hope we can sort this out.

Nick

hi Nster7 unfortunately there is not a dnas server that is hosted for the pal version at this time and this is why you get the error when trying to get online with the game dvd. you will need one of these memory cards with Free MCBoot on it to use the usa servers. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-MCBoot-1-953-FMCB-Playstation-2-64MB-Memory-Card-ESR-HDL-OPL-MORE-/272819038712?hash=item3f854829f8:g:gA8AAOSwSlBYtJAH

So are there certain steps when you receive this freemcboot memory card to play on usa servers?

Led, I recently tracked down the person who made this post: http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1990&start=150#p14003

Bobz has an up and running PAL DNAS server, he told me the IP address and he mentioned the Japan region too, but I don't think he has Japan up fully. Anyways  I think the PAL EU players will be able to get past the -610 error if you put this entry into your DNS server:

gate1.eu.dnas.playstation.org 198.98.52.122

I won't be able to test it because I don't have the European PS2 or PAL version of the game, but if Led puts this in and it works, then you should be able to get to the server list again. Just keep in mind that the server list might be empty at the moment because I don't think anyone has servers up on the EU list. Someone could put one up with the same server manager though, using Pyrojockey's server region mod.

Thanks Mike.  I added that IP as the DNS record for
gate1.eu.dnas.playstation.org

If players use 74.91.125.138 as their DNS, then it should point to that IP.  I also have no way to check  :cheers:

If someone can try it for us and post here, it will be appreciated .

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

thanks Mike for the eu dnas! thanks Led for adding it into your server machine! i will see if i can get it working in a few hours swbf1 ps2 eu.  :cheers:

battlefront.exe /win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 300 200 /gamename SWBFGAMERS.COM-SANDMAN /playerlimit 30 /playercount 1 /bots 10 /difficulty 2 /throttle 1024 /ainotext /noteamdamage /netregion EUR kam1c yav2r bes2a rhn2c tat2i bes1a rhn1r bes2r yav2i rhn2a rhn1i bes1r tat2r

tested it out using swbfspy dns# but keep getting error
-106 sceDNAS2_**_INVALID_SERVER
DNAS library (PS2) received an invalid server response. "DNAS Error (-106) A network authentication system error has occurred."

the eu game version works on the eu lan when testing.

the wireshark cap i got looks good but keep getting the error 106.

after more testing i was able to get the PAL swbf1 ps2 game online.
using these dns#'s
dns #1   45.7.228.197  xCrISTiAhNx
dns #2   67.249.159.113 bobz
also had to patch DNAS bypass the :SHELL:  UK_  ENG folders http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=10250.0
also patched iso using IDCheck + Generator v1.0 - PE and windip 
  :tu: