FG - Recent Post Reduction

Started by Ultimo, September 30, 2014, 05:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is there a way that only the last, most recent post from Forum Games shows up in the Recent Posts bar on the front page?

What I'm saying is that maybe, the last reply to the most recently replied Forum Game thread is displayed.

If "George" posts on "Ban the Person Above You", the link is displayed on the recent posts bar. If "Jimmy" then replies after George, then Jimmy's link replaces George's link, instead of adding another one on top.

Do you see what I'm talking about?

I want this to reduce the amount of spam Forum Games posts cause to the Recent Posts bar, so maybe we can clear it up and actually see posts from other Forums and Threads.

I hope it's possible. :)
(If not, then just remove Forum Games from the Recent Posts bar altogether. Muhahahaahha.!!!!)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

It may be an issue in your settings, if I understand what you are saying.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

That picture you posted describes my point.
I want any Forum Games posts to be reduced to one line in the Recent Posts bar.

So, take all those "Ban" posts and only place the most recent reply link. If someone posts on "Meme Chat", add a new line for it, but do the same thing and compress the replies, only showing the newest link.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Might as well do it for all threads.

You can ignore the board http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=profile;area=ignoreboards; beyond that I don't know if we can actually hide boards from the front page like that. (Well without messing with code...) We could set it to only show recent topics though.

As SK said, the ignore boards option is great.  It is what I use for all clan boards (except PLA :)  ) and the game board too.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I suppose that would be a good idea, but I do hop on FG from time to time.

Well, Thanks anyways. :)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

You can still go to the forum, it just doesn't show items in recent posts.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Aye, I discovered that once I changed the settings.

Thanks again
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

November 03, 2014, 08:07:20 PM #9 Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 12:40:30 AM by Unit 33
I think that what Ultimo means is that if someone posts in a topic that topic name should show up as recently posted in and that it shows up with just 1 name like as if on webs websites recent forum posts it will show what forum someone talked in last and the last person who talked in it, and once you click on that one it brings you right to it. If that is not what he meant I think that would be a great idea to have instead of the list of everyone whose posted, and that way people can go right to the forum that they want to post in most. this would also reduce the amount of pages that you or others have to travel on just to get to the forum they want to post on, and I believe it would also reduce the bandwidth usage some too

[edit]

Oh sorry I didn't know someone fixed part of it. x-P