SWBF Leaderboards 2 SIGN UP THREAD

Started by Helios, July 25, 2014, 09:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Seeing as to there is no other admin ill make the forst few rulings myself, there wont be a cloud city map in this tournament. We can have a rotation if maps, mos eisley will be on, ill leave it up to you all to decide the other map(s). It will be official battles as Hades mentioned, sith 25 tickets. Capturing Command posts isnt really a factor in a player vs player tournament, so no worries about that as it wont be included. Im editing the rules today only a few minor changes will be made.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I will repeat what I said in a previous post : I am interested in helping you Helios.

Quote from: Syyy on July 28, 2014, 06:41:38 AM
My thought process is that we should have fair duels on a competitive environment. Playing with cps could turn into a who-runs-faster-and-can-control-the-map gameplay. I don't think this is what determines the strenghts of a player. The match is 1 versus 1, the winner should be the most skilled player, who can adapt to the enemy's units picks, having a too large map does not favour duels. Meeting each other on an agreed aera allows players to have a fair duel.

Concerning Bespin, it indeed seems that most SWBF players are bored with this map, we played too much on it, some changes would be welcome. Bespin was competitively popular because it offered a fair fight for both sides. Limiting the playing zone opens the possibilities for other less competitive maps to be played ( see my examples ).

I have nothing against increasing the tickets, but keep in mind the matches don't have to last more than 30 minutes.
Matches shouldn't have a limited time to be played, that way you'd just get the opponent to kill and hide and get time over, so that he automatically wins. So time should not be a factor to mention.

By limiting the map playing areas, you're just making that the player which last killed the opponent, gets a camping advantage, and that's not fair either.

About the maps, I think that there shouldnt be more than 3-4 duel maps. (Not to mention that we better play in tankless maps...)
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Syyy on July 28, 2014, 07:15:55 AM
I will repeat what I said in a previous post : I am interested in helping you Helios.
Contact me over xfire, sorry i must have missed that part. Xfire: platybutcallmesev

I didn't mean to limit a match time, just that increasing the ticket number increases the time it takes to end the duel. It is definitely a factor to think about, playing the best out of 25 tickets is fine, 50 tickets becomes too long.
My concerns are that the entire playing field of a map sometimes has a perimeter so big that the duel becomes a hide ans seek. This is not what we should be looking for. If the matches are duels, players shouldn't have to find each other to start fighting.
Also, camping shouldn't be a problem, if we set up the area between two cps, both players can wait at their respective cps, or wait for admin approval to start a round.
We can set up a rule prohibiting the use of tanks.

Quote from: Syyy on July 28, 2014, 07:41:59 AM
1) I didn't mean to limit a match time, just that increasing the ticket number increases the time it takes to end the duel. It is definitely a factor to think about, playing the best out of 25 tickets is fine, 50 tickets becomes too long.
2) My concerns are that the entire playing field of a map sometimes has a perimeter so big that the duel becomes a hide ans seek. This is not what we should be looking for. If the matches are duels, players shouldn't have to find each other to start fighting.
3) Also, camping shouldn't be a problem, if we set up the area between two cps, both players can wait at their respective cps, or wait for admin approval to start a round.
4) We can set up a rule prohibiting the use of tanks.

1) LOL, who is talking about 50 tickets ? xD
2) Have u played on the previous Leaderboards ?
3) Lol, do you really think a player will get back to his cp, just to wait for the other one to spawn ? Lel
4) Modded out.

I am sorry, I didn't specify 50 tickets was an example.
I am not sure if playing in previous leaderboards has anything to do with me trying to prove my point. I am not much into the it was like that let's not change way of thinking. I am totally fine with playing on an entire map, but you didn't seem to explain why a restricted aera is bad yet.

"Lol, do you really think a player will get back to his cp, just to wait for the other one to spawn ? Lel"
Rules exist to be followed. Example : Do I think a player will not use a tank if it spawned? Yes, I do. Because we will have a rule against it ( modding the map is the best scenario in this case indeed ). If a player doesn't follow a rule, he gets punished. Same goes for waiting the other participant to respawn in a safe zone.

I didn't know that the tourney was to have 20 rules. If it's gonna have a rule for each movement we do, then i quit...

Quote from: Hades on July 28, 2014, 08:33:40 AM
I didn't know that the tourney was to have 20 rules. If it's gonna have a rule for each movement we do, then i quit...
Anyder some rules are required, otherwise you could never have a match. I think that 25 tickets sounds good, and as far as setting a playing region, that may have to be up to the players who play that match. For example two players don't want to run around the map, so they agree to a area to play in. I do, however; think that spawn killing should be a big "NO" not that there should be a safe zone, just that the right of a player to spawn should be respected. Anyways just my opinions, any rules are fine with me, I'm just here for the experience. ;)
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Sy in my opinion you have brought up an interesting idea about limiting the map area. I would support it becuase personally chasing someone or looking for someone in a big map such as mos eisely, there is little hope, gets boring after 2 deaths;) and makes the battle last way to long. Time is also an issue Anyder, I am sure a lot of people could ty in a quick 20-30minute matches with their schedule, anything longer and the matches may take longer to organise  as people may struggle to find the time, it can also get boring during longer matches. 25 tickets however shouldnt take too long, unless it is a game of 'hide n' seek'

Quote from: -=(212) Nixo=- on July 28, 2014, 05:56:15 PM
Sy in my opinion you have brought up an interesting idea about limiting the map area. I would support it becuase personally chasing someone or looking for someone in a big map such as mos eisely, there is little hope, gets boring after 2 deaths;) and makes the battle last way to long. Time is also an issue Anyder, I am sure a lot of people could ty in a quick 20-30minute matches with their schedule, anything longer and the matches may take longer to organise  as people may struggle to find the time, it can also get boring during longer matches. 25 tickets however shouldnt take too long, unless it is a game of 'hide n' seek'
This is why there is a 30 min max. Id like to start before school starts for most of you, so there wont be time for a mod map(s) to be made.

My school starts Friday. I know the tournament runs longer than that, so I'm willing to devote my hour of gaming I'll have with school to being able to play in this tournament.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Sure I'll join the tourney, My xfire is sredder if you want to talk to me!

July 31, 2014, 12:40:19 AM #43 Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 12:08:14 AM by Kelle
This sounds like a bit of fun! I'll join.

Quote from: Samistheone on July 29, 2014, 08:23:23 PM
Sure I'll join the tourney, My xfire is sredder if you want to talk to me!
Quote from: Kelle on July 31, 2014, 12:40:19 AM
This sounds like a bit of fun! I'll join.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Added u guys to the list on the main thread.