Hex Editing to Add Command Post Names in a Custom Map

Started by Windguy432, February 02, 2017, 10:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I am new to the SWBF modding community so i'm not sure if this is possible or not, but what I am trying to do is edit the core.lvl file in a mustafar map I downloaded (mus1), in order to change it's objectives and command post names since it currently has the objectives for Jabba's Palace and no command post names at all in game.

I was able to change the objectives through hex editing just fine (Which you can see in my attached picture, I changed "Beware of the Rancor" to "Beware of the Lava") it's just that I'm not sure how to change the names of the command posts since there aren't any listed there ingame, it's just blank (Which you can also see in the picture). I have found the names for command posts such as Throne room, Droid Repair Bay, etc in the core.lvl file but don't know how to make them appear ingame. Thanks

Quote from: Windguy432 on February 02, 2017, 10:00:07 AM
I am new to the SWBF modding community so i'm not sure if this is possible or not, but what I am trying to do is edit the core.lvl file in a mustafar map I downloaded (mus1), in order to change it's objectives and command post names since it currently has the objectives for Jabba's Palace and no command post names at all in game.

I was able to change the objectives through hex editing just fine (Which you can see in my attached picture, I changed "Beware of the Rancor" to "Beware of the Lava") it's just that I'm not sure how to change the names of the command posts since there aren't any listed there ingame, it's just blank (Which you can also see in the picture). I have found the names for command posts such as Throne room, Droid Repair Bay, etc in the core.lvl file but don't know how to make them appear ingame. Thanks
Welcome to SWBFGamers! :cheers:

For this type of mod, it might be easier to rebuild a custom core.lvl using Bamdur's addon core.lvl builder. I think Jabba is the default map used for the localization template.

This toolbox includes core.lvl builders -> http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=525

Objectives (not CP names) can also be scripted in the mission LUA.

Thank you Phobos!  :cheer:

I wasn't quite sure what to do at first but with a little messing around with the tools you provided me I was able to get the core.lvl just the way I wanted! Thanks again for the help it really gives the map a more professional look  :D