NEW SWBF Confirmed!

Started by Jedikiller, May 26, 2009, 05:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
...for handhelds!

Yeah, that's right. Not SWBFIII. Not even for a console, or PC. The new game, Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron, developed by Rebellion and n-space, is for the DS and the PSP. Similar to Renegade Squadron, I assume, except focusing more on the Clone Wars era. Focusing around... "force-sensitive clones X1 and X2 (where do they come up with these names)", and with a "deep and engrossing storyline". Looks somewhat entertaining, but it's not SWBFIII by a long shot. Sorry guys!

I'm sure it would be better if it were on an actual gaming system, but no.  :cry:

Source: SHACKNEWS

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

*sighs in dissapointment*

Even the plot to this thing sounds lame. We want SWBF3!! :(

Another failure by Rebellion, and even worse, N-Space. Both of them don't do games right. I've played games by both of them and they don't meet today's standards.

Just my opinion but this is just bad...

#TYBG

I have lost all faith in Lucas.  Stupid Jar Jar.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

You should never have put faith into Lucas arts- they just do it for money.
While this might look bad, it's actually good news- this conferms that they want to keep SW:BF series alive.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

I.

HATE.

LUCASARTS.

I'm Droideka and I approve this message.  :wall:  :rant:
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Putting it on the ds and psp thats lame! You can barely see the screen (lol) That wont make them a profit at all! BTW will they make swbf2 for mac?

Port SWBF2 for Mac, No.

Will they make money off of the DS/PSP SWBF:ES, Yes.

Damn you devices of non-engrossing casual videogame experiences! DAMN YOU ALL!!!

On Renegade Squadron: I thought the weapons building was a nice feature, but it's no SWBF 1 for the PC. Just doesn't have that same certain something.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

This just proves my theory. Jar Jar is in charge of LucasArts

Also, why don't they care about the mac side? Perhaps we could make an online petition :rolleyes:

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Well... That... Suck BAAADLY!

is it an idea to write a letter to them?
and then put in all little sigs on the end, like we suppport this idea. that the game should come out for mac? but then we realy need to have a lot of sigs.
like at least 150 or 1000!!!! would be cool

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

There was already a pitition sent to LA about porting SWBF2 to mac, sadly Asypr being basically the only people that would, didn't pick it up, and so no reason to try another petition for a older game at this point.

They apparently don't care about anybody but the DS and PSP customers. I agree with Pi, Jar Jar must be running lucasarts. Petitions might be nice but unless there's thousands of signatures Lucasarts probably won't do anything.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Quote from: "Hardcore"Port SWBF2 for Mac, No.

Will they make money off of the DS/PSP SWBF:ES, Yes.

SWBF 2 can be manually ported to the Mac side, but it's a pain in the butt.

Also, not looking forward to this thing, at all. Perhaps if it's a success with the DS and PSP they'll make it for PC and then possibly for Mac.