Sport Discussion

Started by Kit Fisto, June 30, 2012, 06:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Unit 33 on July 01, 2012, 03:48:15 PM
Although in Soccer (Football) injuries are often used quite tactically.
For instance in the Greece and Russia game a couple of weeks ago a Greek player stalled and bought time for his team after a non-existant injury.
Having being stretchered off he immediately stood up as if his injury was magically gone and rejoined the game...

Those are what you call whimps! I don't think that it's right in a sport to fake an injury so that your team gets an advantage in the game. I know it's part of some sports and it's what makes or breaks a team, but I think that if you are really good at what you do (sports in this discussion), then you don't have to fake it. One of the reasons why I like to watch Baseball, You can't really use an injury tactically...

Quote from: Unit 33 on July 01, 2012, 03:48:15 PM
Although in Soccer (Football) injuries are often used quite tactically.
For instance in the Greece and Russia game a couple of weeks ago a Greek player stalled and bought time for his team after a non-existant injury.
Having being stretchered off he immediately stood up as if his injury was magically gone and rejoined the game...

You mean... like this?:

For what it's worth, flopping happens all the time in basketball (not so much in Football as far as I know in regards to faking injuries--members of the New York Giants' defense *did* employ such dirty tricks against the St. Louis Rams last year, but it isn't that rampant).  There are several NBA players that deserve an Oscar.

Ow!! You can see the kid in the background praying for the mans soul! Lol!

Well idk about you guys, but im more interrested in the girl in the left background.
But still, i agree that soccer's one of the most awesome sports evar (look at yesterdays match Spain-Italy 4-0). But archery is also really cool, espessially the tourneys. You are allowed to shoot outside, and then you have to watch for the wind and such. (done that for about 2 and a half year)
Also i've been with a friend to his duelling match, which also looked awesome, but i dont think i'll ever play that...because with only a touch of the sword, your down.
Further i've also played Tennis and Badminton (with the shuttle)...those aren't much fun...done Badminton for about a year and Tennis a few months (because of an tennis arm, couldn't move my left arm for about 2 weeks))

And for the moment i'm doing nothing, just studying and such

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse