[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Commander Awesome on December 31, 2014, 10:25:53 AM
The second one sounds like the best and most realistic. It sounds like it should work, just make an invisible "melee" weapon that's unswingable and put it in a secondary slot.

How best would I go about doing that? I'd assume I can control that by the 'swingtime' command and by assigning the tool animation to it or something (IIRC Napseeker's Battle Over Coruscant mod had a deflect-only Lightsaber that used pistol animations and a very long swingtime to get around it)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Maybe, I just know that, as you said, Napseeker managed to do that.

January 03, 2015, 07:13:04 AM #362 Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 07:18:45 AM by Gistech
Trying to figure out hero selection for the Empire and CIS. So far,  for the Empire I have:

Darth Vader
Emperor Palpatine
Boba Fett
Starkiller
IG-88

For the CIS I have:

Count Dooku
Jango Fett
Grievous
OOM-9
Maul (TCW Version as there's no decent doublesaber model out there yet)

I was thinking of adding either a Royal Guard or a Shadow Guard, but there's no decent SWBF1-ready model for them. I'm open to other suggestions too.

I'm also curious to know whether it's possible to add in the idle animation from SWBF2 to the Jedi units so that they stand with their sabers properly as opposed to holding it like a tool/pistol.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

I'd rather put the Royal Guard and Shadow Guard in his place, however that is not going to happen any time soon as I can't put my kitbash for them into the game. I can't even get older XSI versions working.
In Progress:

On Hold:

:( No one has offered to help convert these yet bro?
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Nope, nobody wants to convert them because they're in OBJ.
In Progress:

On Hold:

This project is now on indefinite hold again. I have once again lost all motivation to continue. It'll be continued someday, but right now my head is just not in the right place.
In Progress:

On Hold:

In my experience, the best way to keep from burning out when modding is to keep yourself from biting off more than you can chew. There are different methods I like to use like what I call "layering" where you complete the whole project with the least amount of detail possible, then keep going back and adding more and more layers of detail. That usually keeps me from getting overwhelmed, or stuck on something too complicated for SWBF. Also, there's just compartmentalizing. Just break everything off into pieces, don't look at the whole thing or you'll get overwhelmed. Take it one step at a time and it'll be easier. Good luck with your modding. Don't get too caught up in the things SWBF is not capable of.

Just my $0.02
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

March 26, 2015, 03:44:17 AM #369 Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 03:49:25 AM by Gistech
You are, of course, correct. But it's disheartening as well when you can't get certain things done, and not because of engine limitations. I'd love to have the Royal Guard in my game, for instance, but without capes, I don't want to use the one that's out there. I did kitbash a mockup but nobody wants to convert that model. I had a couple of other hero kitbashes too such as a Phase 2 Captain Rex and a properly skirted Darth Maul and Jedi models (I kitbashed caped Anakin and Ben Kenobi as well and these were intended to be used as hero units).

Trust me, if I could get these models done myself, I would.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I'm resuming work and scaling things down a bit. I will go back to 3 heroes per team, no space maps and no special maps*.

*for now. May add these in later as an additional extra.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Work begins again, and this time I have Mod Tool behind me.
In Progress:

On Hold:

April 29, 2015, 08:53:54 AM #373 Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 09:21:32 AM by Gistech

ATM, I'm just trying my hand out at some of the models I had kitbashed. I've started with the TFU Royal Guard kitbash. Basically at this point I'm just learning. For instance, I'm wondering if it is wise to render the Royal Guard's head mesh separate from the rest of the body so it moves better. My first run of it had the left arm come out funny in-gsme :p Obviously I forgot to select one of the arm bones when enveloping.

I'm using Mod Tool in conjunction with Metasequoia, the modelling program I am familiar with. ATM, I'm trying to model a skirt that can be placed onto all BF2 units that acts like the BF1 ARC Kama.
In Progress:

On Hold: