Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (Formerly Star Wars Battlefront Legacy)

Started by Giftheck, March 07, 2016, 01:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
The aesthetic look for the pathfinder matches the art style that pandemic gave us for the 1st game so well. Love your kitbashes, keeps things interesting.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

There was one other thing I forgot to show you. I gave the DLT-20A to the Scout Trooper. The Rebel Marksman will have the DLT-19X instead. I had to kitbash the DLT-19 model (a lowres version of the SWBFEA model as the ones that exist didn't look that great IMO) with a modified version of the DLT-20A scope and this is what it looks like:

I'm not sure if I want to use custom sounds for either the DLT-19X or DLT-20A yet. The SWBFEA sounds for both sound too powerful for my liking.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: Gistech on February 10, 2017, 06:59:57 AM

There was one other thing I forgot to show you. I gave the DLT-20A to the Scout Trooper. The Rebel Marksman will have the DLT-19X instead. I had to kitbash the DLT-19 model (a lowres version of the SWBFEA model as the ones that exist didn't look that great IMO) with a modified version of the DLT-20A scope and this is what it looks like:

I'm not sure if I want to use custom sounds for either the DLT-19X or DLT-20A yet. The SWBFEA sounds for both sound too powerful for my liking.
Hmm, I expected it to be the other way around. Nice, though.  :tu:

Quote from: swgaming1015 on February 09, 2017, 04:02:22 PM
Are there any plans to recreate the Invisible Hand map from Free Radical's Battlefront 3?

I think you replied to the wrong thread, but yes, really good Idea.
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

Toying with replacing the AT-AT with a modified version of the stock AT-AT:

Texture is from the Pinball game and is fitting surprisngly well to the AT-AT mesh so far. I haven't modified it too much either - the only thing I've changed is the scale of the head.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

I actually really like that new AT AT a lot, so far! The other one felt overly detailed

Here's the finished model:

I had to borrow a couple of parts from the Pinball model (the head-mounted cannons, upper legs and feet). It's not that far above the stock version in polygon count (over 6,000).
In Progress:

On Hold:

February 20, 2017, 02:04:29 AM #187 Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 05:13:35 AM by Gistech
And here's a comparison shot:

Stock on the left and my custom one on the right.

Here's a few other alterations I've made since Phase 1:
-Replaced the Dual Powerup model with the one from SWBF3
-Modified the sounds for the DH-17 and DL-44 (now the 'burst' sound from DICE game's can be heard when you are close to the weapon but not when you're further away). I've done something similar to the Snowspeeder cannon.
-Gave the DLT-20A to the Scout Trooper and gave the Rebels the DLT-19X. This is based on SW canon where the Imperials were using the DLT-20A, but the DLT-19X has yet to appear in canon and indeed appears to be a customized weapon, something the Rebels would use.
-Shoretrooper and Rebel Scarif Pathfinder skins on Kashyyyk: Docks. Scarif Pathfinder has the A-300 instead of the A-280C, but they act the same.
-Replacing the command posts with the Elite Squadron command post model (which has been retextured with the SWBF3 textures):

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Possible other amendments:
-Might revert to the stock Snowspeeder, with a few mesh additions and a refreshed texture.
In Progress:

On Hold:

The AT AT looks a lot better now! Great job!
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Quote from: 411Remnant on February 23, 2017, 09:02:18 PM
The AT AT looks a lot better now! Great job!

Thanks :) Just goes to prove that poly count isn't everything: this is well under half the poly count of the AT-AT in version 1, but the texture is so much better.

I just finished rigging this guy right here, for inclusion on Bespin Platforms and Nar Shaddaa (I'm going to be bringing in Sereja's brilliant map for that):

In Progress:

On Hold:

QuoteJust goes to prove that poly count isn't everything

Well honestly I'm a bit lost, is there a real limit? I converted and added 5 weapons from the last Battlefront without any polygons reductions and everything works fine. If i remember well each model is around 55K polys  :blink:

I'm talking about swbf 2 of course.

"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

February 26, 2017, 12:17:22 AM #191 Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 12:20:03 AM by Gistech
Quote from: Cdt Fox on February 26, 2017, 12:08:25 AM
Well honestly I'm a bit lost, is there a real limit? I converted and added 5 weapons from the last Battlefront without any polygons reductions and everything works fine. If i remember well each model is around 55K polys  :blink:

I'm talking about swbf 2 of course.

The original game does not take high poly counts well. It's why I try to keep my unit meshes below 2000 tris for more common ones and below 2500 for more sparse ones. I think it only took the SWBF3 AT-AT because the vehicles must be assigned a separate memory pool.

SWBF2 has the 'portal' system which allows the use of higher-poly models. I got the majority of EA's Stormtroopers in the game, for instance, and the highest-poly was the Magmatrooper at 55k+ tris.

If ZETools would have allowed it I would also have tried the AT-AT which is 112k+. But all that is for another topic.
In Progress:

On Hold:

are you going to be making custom heroes as well?
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

Yes.
In Progress:

On Hold:

March 11, 2017, 06:07:41 AM #194 Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 06:17:00 AM by Gistech
Some more model work:

IG-88 and Tarkin use model parts and some textures from Force Arena (though I dropped the polys on Tarkin's head, it still looks quite good) but for the most part their bodies are stock with texture modifications.

I have yet to finalise a lot of the weapons, but here is an idea of how I'm thinking for some of the heroes:

X1 (Imperial): ARC Caster, Lightsaber strike (will not be able to block bolts - inspired by the DS version of Elite Squadron)
IG-88: Modified DLT-20A Pulse Cannon (based off the DICE game, it will overheat in one shot), Modified E-11 Blaster Rifle (pretty much a duplicate of the stock one but more powerful), Detpack.
Governer Tarkin: Modified SE-14C Blaster Pistol, SE-14C Power Shot (turns it into a single shot pistol ALA the DL-44), Orbital Strike (might alter this to be inspired by the Galaxy of Heroes Tarkin's special move and have it like a TIE Fighter cannon strike)
X2 (Rebel): Modified A300 Blaster Rifle, Modified DLT-19X Blaster Rifle (this one acts like the DICE version rather than the sniper version), Thermal Detonator
Leia: Modified E-11 Blaster Rifle, Trooper Bane, Powerup Dispenser.

Not 100% sure I'm doing the Emperor yet. I'm having some trouble finding a decent way of doing his robes.
In Progress:

On Hold: