SWBFgamersUpdate 1.0 Public Beta Release

Started by Led, January 03, 2012, 02:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 03, 2012, 02:28:18 PM Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 09:42:44 AM by Buckler
Please note that this is a BETA release.  There will be changes!
(but if you download this, the next download will be much much smaller :)  )

SWBFgamersUpdate 1.0 is now prepared for public release.
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=410

Only one stock file (mission.lvl) will be changed in your game installation.  No other files are modified.  It will not affect any standard on-line or single player games in any way.

What it does:
provides new maps, new units, new game play modes.

It must be installed correctly to run.  Nothing goes into Addon, so there is no map limit, and nothing
needs to be un-installed (unless you need room on your hard drive).

-----------------------------------------
To Install:

After you extract the file:

STEP 1)

Drag the folder called  "SWBFgamersUpdate1.0"

into this location
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\

so that it looks like this:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\SWBFgamersUpdate1.0

NOTE:  Windows Vista or Windows 7 may look different, like:
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\

STEP 2)

go into this folder
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\SWBFgamersUpdate1.0\001-modified mission.lvl file for SWBFupdate 1.0

and click on

InstallMission.bat
  (note: some people report that the batch file does not work for them; if this is the case, use the manual install method below)

OR you can manually copy and paste the mission.lvl file from
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\SWBFgamersUpdate1.0\001-modified mission.lvl file for SWBFupdate 1.0\
to

Now you can join the SWBFGamersUpdate Servers for the public Beta test.

to go back to your game like is was,
click on UseOriginalMission.bat located
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\Copy of SWBFgamersUpdate1.0\002-Backup of original mission.lvl file\

OR you can manually copy and paste the mission.lvl file from
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\SWBFgamersUpdate1.0\002-Backup of original mission.lvl file\
to

------------------------

Then, look on-line for a SWBFgamers.com server that has "x" as the era.

It will say you are missing the file, but join anyway, if you have the update installed.

Here is the patch 1 for playing in jetdroid server:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=419

Edit:  Thanks for the beta testing. 

Fixed Items:
There are some issues that I have been able to fix already.  Players could not jump on Mygeeto.  I have fixed that.

There was an issue with clones vs empire that made it not playable.  Fixed it.

-------------------

Items that won't be fixed:
-issue with maps such as out of bounds issue on Felucia and various collision issues on maps, AI pathing, etc.
Since we are using converted SWBF2 and user made maps (credits are included in the download), there is nothing I can do to fix these things.

(There is also a lack of victory timer in Mygeeto, but tickets still drain.)

----------------------
Items that will be worked on:

-I have ideas for about 100 more missions, and some more sides.  If anyone wants to help, let me know.
-Sleepkiller will see if he can localize map names for us.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Oah, interesting!
Juste a question:
- Can we still play online with this update?

Quote from: Christmas Sy' on January 04, 2012, 06:03:39 AM
   Oah, interesting!
Juste a question:
- Can we still play online with this update?

Yes.  It will not affect any on-line or single player games.!

I love the selection of maps, but you can't jump on Mygeeto.  Is this a bug or is it meant to be like that.  Also,  the timer did not start after capturing all the CP on Mygeeto, and i had to wait for the reinforcements to get to zero before the next map would load.  Other wise i did not see any other problems.  Good work on the update to all who contributed and thanks.

Hi Dbiz,

Thanks for the bug reports.  I noticed those things too, and I know the jumping issue is fixable.  I can look into the victory timer issue.

When the full release comes out, there will be many many more options than in the beta release.  The popularity of the beta release lets me know if this is worth continuing (I think it is) and what issues there are before we make it a full release.

Please note that if you have this beta release, the full release will not be anywhere as big of a download :)

i need help wit this update. my game keeps crashing when i try 2 join the server for the update. I dont know if i did it wrong or i need 2 do something.

Can you tell us what your operating system is?  XP or win 7, etc.

Also, can you find your mission file that was installed and tell us the date on the file?

Lastly, do you know what version of SWBF that you use?
CD version (oldest)
BestofPC version
DVD version

thanks

win 7 my mission file i deleted so ima dl again and try it out and mine is Fan Favorites I

January 04, 2012, 02:05:49 PM #8 Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 07:46:49 PM by Buckler
Thanks.  If you mission file is completely gone, it will crash.  In the place of your old mission file should be the new one dated 1/3/2012.\

If you are still having problems, place the stock mission file from this directory:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\Copy of SWBFgamersUpdate1.0\002-Backup of original mission.lvl file\

into the spot where the mission file goes, which is

If anyone has successfully installed the update, please let me know what version of SWBF you are using:

original CD version
Best of PC version
Fan Favorites I
DVD version
------------------------------

A couple people are not getting the update to work, and I am trying to figure out if there is a difference among the versions.

I can confirm that CD version + XP works, and DVD version + Win7 works.

January 05, 2012, 01:22:49 PM #10 Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 01:25:55 PM by gdh92
I've installed the update (after 2 hours of downloading) and have a few problems; I can play on the server with the new maps and units i tried but the maps dont show up on the server screen and the new units in game dont have names:
http://www.xfire.com/profile/gdh92/screenshots/?view#120681360
http://www.xfire.com/profile/gdh92/screenshots/?view#120681585
Also no new maps show up on the single player instant action screen. I'm using Vista 32bit/BOPC version of game. Hope some of this helps. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Hi GDH92,

Everything looks right.  At this point in time, the maps wont show up in single player.  I think Sleepkiller can help us take care of that part.

Even though it says you are missing the map, you should be able to join those servers.  Give it a whirl!

Buckler

I have the fan favorites edition, every thing seems to be working fine for me.

I did find another bug on felucia.  The boundaries are off
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/120660587-3.jpg

DVD version of Battlefront on Windows XP(sp3)
No problems logging onto servers.

(was not ready for flying driods though.. heh)

ah, cool, i didn't know you were on PC servers.  Let us know your playing name :)