How can I solve this problem?

Started by tolgagfbx, March 05, 2018, 08:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 05, 2018, 08:44:43 AM Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 08:50:20 AM by tolgagfbx
https://i.hizliresim.com/4aWYPp.png

Hello I have Modeled. The model is working properly but I am applying the model character is usually coming up ..

https://i.hizliresim.com/0EWb1R.png

How can I solve this problem?

You mean you have modded? Because this model is made/ported by El_Fabricio.

Regarding your issue, I remember EL_Fabricio saying the model would be too high poly for swbf 1. To me, It looks like the game only loads the lowrez mesh.

You can reduce the polycount if you want. Or perhaps it has already been reduced by Gistech for his Legacy mod, don't know.
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

Quote from: Cdt Fox on March 05, 2018, 09:13:42 AM
You mean you have modded? Because this model is made/ported by El_Fabricio.

Regarding your issue, I remember EL_Fabricio saying the model would be too high poly for swbf 1. To me, It looks like the game only loads the lowrez mesh.

You can reduce the polycount if you want. Or perhaps it has already been reduced by Gistech for his Legacy mod, don't know.

how to perhaps reduced ?

If the model is too high poly, model-edit will not be good enough.  As I just learned recently, SWBF2 can handle a ridiculous amount of polys - SWBF1, not so much.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on March 13, 2018, 10:07:10 AM
If the model is too high poly, model-edit will not be good enough.  As I just learned recently, SWBF2 can handle a ridiculous amount of polys - SWBF1, not so much.
Did you test with static models or skinned models? My tests when making it suggested that SWBF1 only hit problems when rendering animated models.

So it's a ridiculous amount of polys, but I can confirm that too many static polys will crash as well -- at least per model. 10k plus does it.

Quote from: SleepKiller on March 13, 2018, 04:46:13 PM
Did you test with static models or skinned models? My tests when making it suggested that SWBF1 only hit problems when rendering animated models.
It was the Death Trooper model/skin with skeleton by Lando on this site recently.  The model had somewhere in the neighborhood of 17000 polys if I remember correctly and it never actually rendered anything high res after the spawn screen.  RepComm and I fiddled with the low resolution and got it down to about 2000 polys and were able to use it well ingame.  I haven't played with a whole lot of static models that weren't created with BF1 in mind, but I would imagine that it is higher.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.