SWBF Reveal at SW Celebration

Started by Rayce, March 19, 2015, 10:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: WusiBabyEater on April 17, 2015, 11:13:32 AM
I'm sure you can pre order a hard copy a little later since it was just announced today but you will still have to use origin to play the game.

Im wondering what the requirements are, probably a GTX 660 recommended.

Well I'm gonna have to wait this one out to see about that then (cuz dats got me written all over it). I'll be moved into another place by that time so I gotta make sure it would even go to the right address. I'll still be running it on my older GTX 580. May not be able to max it, but it still handles pretty good on these newer games.  :cheers:
photobucket limit image removed

Super pumped! It's been far too long since I've had any Battlefront in my life.

Unfortunately, at this point, I'll be playing on PS4, so I'm not sure how many of you I will run into.

Originally joined SWBFMac.com in 2006. You'll see me around from time to time.

I'm at the celebration anything you guys want me to ask them tell me here and ill ask them first hand Anything And do it like relatively quickly ill get back to you ASAP

April 17, 2015, 11:53:17 AM #63 Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:57:12 AM by Đisciple
Will it have dedicated servers?
EDIT : If so, where they plan to have it?

April 17, 2015, 12:05:51 PM #64 Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:21:21 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on April 17, 2015, 10:17:18 AM
First details:
http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/17/star-wars-battlefront-has-no-story-campaign-40-player-cap-5155244/

According to reports;

• Switch between 1st and third person
  • No story mode
  • No story mode
  • No story mode
    • Co-op mode/splitscreen
    • 40 player max
    • Jakku (from the force awakens) as free DLC
    • Heroes
    • custom troops
    • Ships and vehicles usable

[/list]
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

After hearing recent news, I'm pretty sick.  Not at all what I wanted to hear.  I was probably going to pre-order, now I might not buy it at all.  :(

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

After the disaster that was the campaigns of BF3, BF4 and Hardline, I think this is the sensible route. However, in counter to that, it's not like they'd have to make up an original story.

Quote from: hellish hellbird on April 17, 2015, 11:50:23 AM
I'm at the celebration anything you guys want me to ask them tell me here and ill ask them first hand Anything And do it like relatively quickly ill get back to you ASAP

What will the single player experience be like? Will it just be the 'crafted missions'? Are those missions equivalent to the classic Instant Action mode of the old games?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Did you manage to see the 5 minutes of gameplay talked about at the end of the DICE interview? Any word on the Clone Wars era?

What I wanna know is if there will be a disc version planned for the PC at any given point. Other than that, these guys pretty much voiced my other questions.
photobucket limit image removed

April 17, 2015, 01:27:59 PM #69 Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 01:29:55 PM by Unit 33
Well, it looks great for sure.

There's a sparse amount of maps... maybe there's more in development, or more planned for future DLC?

Apparently there's a SWBF novelisation in the works... what?
http://www.randomhousebooks.com/books/9780345511218/

I have to see game play before I get excited. There isn't news of a disk version for PC??? Hopefully they don't plan on us spending $60 for the game(that comes with a few maps) then having us pay more money for more maps.

QuoteStay informed about books like Untitled Novel #24

lol

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I asked and they said I can't answer that to all questions xD

Quote from: hellish hellbird on April 17, 2015, 02:33:58 PM
I asked and they said I can't answer that to all questions xD
Ah well, I guess we'll just have to wait until E3.

A game this amazing surely won't have mod tools. Especially since I saw something about custom troopers. What a shame.. It looks like everything SWBF could have been and wanted to be. I doubt there will be much more of a community than any COD game, but it still looks like they did SWBF justice with their EABF. You will never win the hearts of modders with your 'controlled' modding, DICE!  :P
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder