How to play SWBF2 with Gamespy down

Started by Anyder, July 26, 2014, 06:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 14, 2015, 02:10:52 AM #45 Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:48:02 PM by {Alpha} Kiwi
Quote from: haynesd98 on May 14, 2015, 12:11:25 AM
Im currently running Mac OS X YOSEMITE 10.10.3, before the update my battlefront had worked perfectly, and ive tried replacing the battlefront.exe file on this page but that doesn't fix it, i click on it and the icon will appear and disappear?

im not interested in multiplayer but i just want to play single player?? please help

I assume this is for swbf2, are you using the steam or disc version? I'm not sure why the icons is appearing and disappearing, is this happening just on the desktop or in the directory also? I'm not particularly computer smart so all I can say is perhaps re-installing might help and otherwise wait til the experts post.

EDIT: I think this is the thread/video Anyder is refering to http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=7627.0

Quote from: haynesd98 on May 14, 2015, 12:11:25 AM
Im currently running Mac OS X YOSEMITE 10.10.3, before the update my battlefront had worked perfectly, and ive tried replacing the battlefront.exe file on this page but that doesn't fix it, i click on it and the icon will appear and disappear?

im not interested in multiplayer but i just want to play single player?? please help
There is a video for mac users, just watch it ;)
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

I just wanted to say thanks to all the players who downloaded the SWBF2 GameShare Autoinstaller. It has been downloaded 2000 times  :cheers:

Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

You said that you changed the installer so that it would work better.
But I am a mac user, and now since it is not in a folder format, I can't get to the .exe file to replace in my game files.
Can you provide the original link to the files as well as the newer installer?
Thanks. :moo:

Quote from: HiIWantDownload on November 24, 2015, 12:01:23 PM
You said that you changed the installer so that it would work better.
But I am a mac user, and now since it is not in a folder format, I can't get to the .exe file to replace in my game files.
Can you provide the original link to the files as well as the newer installer?
Thanks. :moo:

The installer is for PC files.

Here is a link to the GameMaster exe file for SWBF2
http://forum.gameshare.co/showthread.php?tid=475

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Just out of curiosity is this the main solution that the majority of the SWBFII online community used? Because whenever I go online I don't see very many people at all. Is the traffic for SWBFII online really that dead or is there an alternate solution that many more people are using?

There is alot of game lobbys on Gameranger

December 05, 2015, 09:05:33 PM #52 Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 09:08:41 PM by Kit Fisto
Is it possible to edit the .exe or something to that extent to join gamespy servers instead of gamemaster? I can't the download gamespy app for Mac because it's not supported and Wine refuses to run the installer for windows version of gamespy.

Whenever I try to open BF2 it says "program cant start because bink32.ll is missing"

Quote from: walkerh3 on December 31, 2015, 10:23:53 PM
Whenever I try to open BF2 it says "program cant start because bink32.ll is missing"

This usually means the patch was installed in the wrong location.  Please tell us what you did to install the patch, what version of windows that you use, and what folder SWBF2 is located.

I'm not really sure how it's supposed to work but I went in to BF2 (through steam) and it still says that it can't find servers. I'm pretty sure I did it right. I took the gameshare autoinstaller and took the exe file in it and added it to the gamedata file in my battlefront file.

Quote from: Dev1114 on January 01, 2016, 06:03:06 PM
I'm not really sure how it's supposed to work but I went in to BF2 (through steam) and it still says that it can't find servers. I'm pretty sure I did it right. I took the gameshare autoinstaller and took the exe file in it and added it to the gamedata file in my battlefront file.

You should check the game location for steam.  It may place it in a non-standard location.  Make sure the new exe is named the same as the "stock" exe file.  I don't have SWBF2 installed, so I can't check the name right now.

Last, check the windows virtual store location (use google to find out more information) to make sure that there is not an old copy of the exe there.  Let us know if any of those ideas work.

January 01, 2016, 06:51:11 PM #57 Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 06:59:59 PM by Led
OK, it looks like I do have it installed...

Here is the file location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData

and the file name is
BattlefrontII.exe

i will download the installer and give it a try.

OK, it worked fine for me.  There are not a lot of players on right now, but a lot of servers are available.

for reference, here are the files that I have in Gamedata:

BINKW32.DLL
EAX.DLL
UNICOWS.DLL
BATTLEFRONTII.exe

and the folders
DATA
SAVEGAMES

One thing I don't understand is what are the two .exe files I should have in that file. For me I have trhe original Battlefront game exe and the gameshare patch exe.

January 01, 2016, 07:45:14 PM #59 Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 07:51:21 PM by Led
Quote from: Dev1114 on January 01, 2016, 07:07:44 PM
One thing I don't understand is what are the two .exe files I should have in that file. For me I have trhe original Battlefront game exe and the gameshare patch exe.

The gamemaster patch exe file needs to be called BattlefrontII.exe

You no longer need the original exe, but you might want to put it in another folder for some reason.

The date on the patch should be 7/27/2014

If you still have trouble, the easiest thing to do is to use run the auto-installer program and just browse to your steam location (that I have pasted in a previous post).

IMPORTANT:  make sure you are using the SWBF2 patch, not the SWBF patch.

Here is the link to the SWBF2 installer
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1248