Making Terrain Texture glow/have light

Started by Ginev, April 08, 2017, 05:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Can i make the terrain texture to have glow?Is this possible?If so how?Thanks in advance.

Do you mean like the lava on Mustafar? I don't think that's terrain but is that the visual effect you want?
"Join the empire they said, see the galaxy...riiiiiiiiight."

- jaded stormtrooper

Nononono.I know all the visual effects.They can only be apply to a 3d model.I talk about the ZERO EDITOR terrain.When i put some texture i want the texture to have glow/specular shiny effect.Is that possible somehow and how?

I don't know about glowing but on kamino map in the world fx file there is this:

GroundEffect("rainsplash");
GroundEffectSpread(6);

i have replaced rainsplash with explosions and it worked
this is used as rain drops hitting ground on kamino but
if you put an glow efect there it will glow at the ground near you
but make sure your glow efect expires fast so it is not there forever
otherwise you will run out of efects but it will be on all terrain and not
just on certon textures. thats the best anser i can give

but i don't know how to make a texture glow maybe if you look at .optinon
files you will find something other than that i have no idea.

hope this helps  :D
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

Thanks for the rainsplash tips however i just want to add a normal texture to the terrain and to make it to have specular effect just like in some shiny models.Here is example.Look the terrain on the picture.In some places there is a shiny effect.I was hoping someone to tell me how to add something like a bump texture that will act as a specular effect but not for 3d model.I mean i want it for a simple terrain texture.

Google picture link:

https://www.google.bg/search?q=specular+terrain&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjwn4GluKLTAhXQDRoKHU4cALkQ_AUIBigB&biw=1024&bih=715#tbm=isch&q=DICE+Battlefront+tatooine+map&imgrc=SLA372BpqGq2XM: