New SWBF to be showcased at E3

Started by Droideka, May 06, 2014, 04:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Droideka on June 09, 2014, 05:54:37 PM
If this game is all that I've wanted for the past 6 years, I will literally build a 1500 dollar gaming rig for it, somehow.

Well this would still be a very good idea. I just hope they don't pull a DICE and tell us we're too incompetent to be able to mod it and otherwise never release the tools for it.
photobucket limit image removed

June 09, 2014, 06:04:23 PM #31 Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 06:07:17 PM by Gold Man
Quote from: Epifire on June 09, 2014, 05:43:03 PM
Well it is Frostbite and I don't think it will take as much hardware to run it as people think. This should be aimed at new consoles in addition to PC so you already know it's gonna be played down a bit on the graphical power.  Firstly the engine does have it's own form of optimization for this format of game (as a sandbox map development system) and while I really don't like Frostbite in terms of stability, I'm certain it can cap performance based on good LOD systems and graphical settings.

Not sure what you run, hardware wise. I mean I think it'll have to be a bit on the higher end, unless you want to max it out, I don't think it'll have to be insane.

Well, my laptop runs an ATI Radeon HD 3200 integrated graphics card, and my tower runs an ATI Xpress 200 chipset, on an MSI Amethyst motherboard, with integrated graphics. The laptop has 8GB of RAM, and the tower has 2GB. The laptop also has an AMD Turion X2 running at 2.3GHz, whereas my tower is running an Athlon 64 X2 with 2.2GHz processing power.

In short, my specs aren't exactly powerful enough for this beast of a game. I think I'l be looking for something with more power and a better GPU to handle this one.

Quote from: Epifire on June 09, 2014, 06:02:39 PM
Well this would still be a very good idea. I just hope they don't pull a DICE and tell us we're too incompetent to be able to mod it and otherwise never release the tools for it.
I think it's highly possible they're going to pull a DICE on us. Not many companies are big into giving dev tools to gamers, especially since these days it's all about pumping out the next big game quickly to fetch profit.

Alright they got an official website now : http://starwars.ea.com/battlefront
According to it and to rumors over the internet, the game would be GCW only, which means no GAR vs CIS era. ( or maybe with a DLC, as EA likes to do things )

Quote from: Syyy on June 09, 2014, 06:21:45 PM
Alright they got an official website now : http://starwars.ea.com/battlefront
According to it and to rumors over the internet, the game would be GCW only, which means no GAR vs CIS era. ( or maybe with a DLC, as EA likes to do things )

I'm kinda on board for pure GCW, but I can understand why they would. I mean you can focus your efforts far better that way. This means they could go on to work on a game set exclusively in the newer movies as well. Personally I like the more singular approach.
photobucket limit image removed

Quote from: Epifire on June 09, 2014, 06:42:44 PM
I'm kinda on board for pure GCW, but I can understand why they would. I mean you can focus your efforts far better that way. This means they could go on to work on a game set exclusively in the newer movies as well. Personally I like the more singular approach.

Agreed. It also makes it less awkward in this case, since it does seem weird for a battle droid to be running around, sniping clones, and randomly jumping into a vehicle. In GCW, running around, sniping imps or rebs, and randomly jumping into vehicles feels more realistic.

And true, they could always release the Clone Wars stuff as DLC, but regardless, I have the intention to spend money for the Season Pass (should they include that option), unless they don't do DLC for the PC version.

They haven't even shown the E3 trailer yet lol

They did, BabyEater, although it wasn't really a trailer :

June 10, 2014, 03:21:41 AM #37 Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 02:55:47 PM by Droideka
It looks good, the Endor clip is amazing with the detail, let's hope that they don't have to scale it back to get it working and that the gameplay matches.
I'm guessing it will need a 1Gb graphic card minimum and 4-6 for best graphics. I've got a PS4 anyway but I'm aiming to get a graphic card that will play it on max so I can play it with everyone here.  :cheers:

Maybe we'll even get the ability to make mod maps if we're lucky (although I think it's unlikely they'll allow modding).
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

June 10, 2014, 02:24:52 PM #38 Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 02:30:16 PM by {Alpha}Cpt.Gamma
E3 started today. Heres a link: http://e3.nintendo.com/
Nothing is written here...

June 10, 2014, 02:57:42 PM #39 Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 03:03:45 PM by Droideka
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on June 10, 2014, 03:21:41 AM
It looks good, the Endor clip is amazing with the detail, let's hope that they don't have to scale it back to get it working and that the gameplay matches.
I'm guessing it will need a 1Gb graphic card minimum and 4-6 for best graphics. I've got a PS4 anyway but I'm aiming to get a graphic card that will play it on max so I can play it with everyone here.  :cheers:
I don't know about SWBF3 having 1GB minimum for graphics, Watch Dogs has a minimum of 6 and a recommended 8. That game doesn't even look outstanding on PC. It may be that that specific game has bad optimization, but I'd still expect something similar for SWBF.

I think this new game will probably be on the higher side of things, maybe 6GB minimum. Hence why I'll probably need a new PC for it.

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on June 10, 2014, 03:21:41 AMMaybe we'll even get the ability to make mod maps if we're lucky (although I think it's unlikely they'll allow modding).

I really hope they learn their lesson on the modding side of things, it really makes no sense to me as to why a developer wouldn't release mod tools for their PC community. Games like Skyrim show that when you give these tools to your consumer base, it increases the longevity of the game, builds a better community, and allows for great creations. This is EA though, so I wouldn't be surprised if DICE gives out another canned PR statement saying that the community isn't intelligent enough to work in Frostbite.

Also I accidentally clicked edit on your post and added this to it GDH, that's why it says edited by Derpdeka  ;)
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

I wouldnt be surprised if the clone wars and then episode 7 is part of some dlc. Games love to do that now. I wonder if with all the battlefield troubles if they didnt have yime for TCW.
As far as the trailer, glad to see them "paying attention to detail" or atleast pretending too. Besides that trailer didnt really tell me anything.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

the graphics sure look nice. I hope the narrator guy means what he says!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I want to get Super Smash Bros 3DS. Also, I watch Slender: The Arrival. (I chickened out after the first 2 minutes)  :slap:
Nothing is written here...

Well I don't think this little piece of news deserves a new thread, so I'm gonnause this one as a gathering of announcements. EA tweeted about the release of SW:BF, it should be for holidays 2015 : https://twitter.com/EA/status/527205661692555265

Ugh, Christmas 2015...don't through out your original SWBF disks yet...  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet