Upgrading to a Tablet Stand

Started by Ultimo, August 01, 2015, 01:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi everyone, I'm looking to invest a reasonable amount of money into a stand to support my Wacom Intuos tablet. With some searching, I've come across some results that looked promising but I realized none of the mounts would fit my tablet, which is
15 inches Tall (Up)
9.9 inches Across (Sideways)
and the thickness is too small for it to be much of a concern, I'm sure.

I've done a lot of searching but I'm sure there are places I haven't checked, if anyone would like to refer me to somewhere that I might be able to find a decent mount for this tablet and I can attach to my desk, I would really appreciate it.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Are you absolutely sure you need a stand?
I often will just put my Pen and Touch Small on the desk and draw from there, standing up is necessary, or I will put it against the edge of my table if I want it to be inclined.
I personally do not think investing money in a QoL change is quite worth it, as you can build a stand yourself or find a workaround.
Anyway, you might want to look at the rotative arms sold on Amazon, this one for example : http://www.amazon.com/Arkon-Heavy-Tablet-Mount-Galaxy/dp/B00LULUYHC
Be careful on the dimensions you need!

Quote from: Syyy on August 02, 2015, 04:52:35 PM
Are you absolutely sure you need a stand?
I often will just put my Pen and Touch Small on the desk and draw from there, standing up is necessary, or I will put it against the edge of my table if I want it to be inclined.
I personally do not think investing money in a QoL change is quite worth it, as you can build a stand yourself or find a workaround.
Anyway, you might want to look at the rotative arms sold on Amazon, this one for example : http://www.amazon.com/Arkon-Heavy-Tablet-Mount-Galaxy/dp/B00LULUYHC
Be careful on the dimensions you need!

Thanks, Syyy. I do have more stuff to think about now, at least. Thanks
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I built a stand for my laptop from the chain link fence tension rods at Home Depot (USA).  It took a little grinding, welding, paint, and some non-slip tool drawer lining.  And about 2.5 hours.  Not sure it was worth it, but I've used it almost every day for 5 years.    With a little work, building your own may be fun and rewarding and cheaper. 

Thanks for the suggestion, Drunken.

I realized I was being a bit picky in my searching, and I found a cheap Laptop stand that may just work as I need it to.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper