Favorite Action Hero?

Started by Ultimo, June 13, 2016, 11:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I figured it was time to lighten the mood with some random, general topics of interest!

Who is your favorite action hero?

Personally, I'm a big fan of Jason Statham.
[spoiler= Big Picture][/spoiler]

I hear a lot about him being too "stone-faced" and emotionless in some movies, but he's got the appearance of a well-worn kind-of-guy and is a great pick for a role needing that. Although, he does know how to have a beer with Sylvester Stallone. And he definitely threw people for a laugh with less-serious action movies like Crank.

He's not the kind of action hero you recognize from being in every movie, like Dwayne Johnson, and he's not the kind of action hero that stars in Star Wars and Indiana Jones (you know who).

Although, I'd love to see more roles where Jason Statham plays as a stone cold villain, I can definitely enjoy him as an action hero now.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

June 13, 2016, 11:43:00 AM #1 Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:47:49 AM by {PLA}gdh92
No one beats Jackie Chan. :)

He can do serious or funny and has broken most the bones in his body doing ridiculous stunts. Who else would slide down a skyscraper, hang off a bus with an umbrella and skydive into a hot air balloon without a parachute.

He's also a brilliant martial artist but I'll stop there because I could talk about his films all day. ;)

[spoiler][/spoiler]
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Jackie Chan! lol man, he's awesome too
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Chuck Norris. 'Nuff said.
Don't you dare kill me.... Don't you da-.... He killed me...

Arnold Schwarzenegger.  After all, he's the Last.
He's also one of the most aesthetic man to walk the Earth, if not the single most.

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on June 13, 2016, 11:43:00 AM
No one beats Jackie Chan. :)

That depends on whether Jackie Chan doesn't want trouble.
Is he having a bad day?

Quote from: BlackScorpion on June 13, 2016, 08:04:28 PM
He's also one of the most aesthetic man to walk the Earth, if not the single most.

Jesus.

BACK TO ACTION HEROES...
I mean, I think we can all agree that Jackie Chan could dominate Arnold Schwarzenegger . I'm even willing to bet Chan comes out on top in a Chan VS Terminator fight. And that's just because, he's Jackie Chan! He'll definitely win, somehow!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Bond, James Bond.

I am aware he's the most basic archetypal male power fantasy, but he's coool maaaan.

Hahaha, you think this is the real Quaid? It is! *Gunshots*

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

For me, and my lack of viewing lots of action films, it's a three-way tie between Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel, and Tom Cruise. Vin Diesel is a pretty solid actor, and Tom Cruise performs his own stunts. Bruce Willis is in it simply because of the Die Hard films. :P

June 14, 2016, 09:03:13 AM #9 Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:05:05 AM by BlackScorpion
Quote from: Sir Woo on June 14, 2016, 12:03:13 AM
Jesus.

BACK TO ACTION HEROES...
I mean, I think we can all agree that Jackie Chan could dominate Arnold Schwarzenegger . I'm even willing to bet Chan comes out on top in a Chan VS Terminator fight. And that's just because, he's Jackie Chan! He'll definitely win, somehow!

Prime Arnold has a 100 pound advantage.  And remember Arnold's is like <10% body fat.  Jackie might be able to use his speed advantage to make Arnold lose balance, but if Arnold doesn't chase Jackie recklessly what's Jackie going to do?  Tickle Arnold?  Arnie conquers.  https://i.ytimg.com/vi/m2hm9aqS844/maxresdefault.jpg

June 14, 2016, 09:45:53 AM #10 Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:00:02 AM by {PLA}gdh92
Quote from: BlackScorpion on June 14, 2016, 09:03:13 AM

Prime Arnold has a 100 pound advantage.  And remember Arnold's is like <10% body fat.  Jackie might be able to use his speed advantage to make Arnold lose balance, but if Arnold doesn't chase Jackie recklessly what's Jackie going to do?  Tickle Arnold?  Arnie conquers.  https://i.ytimg.com/vi/m2hm9aqS844/maxresdefault.jpg

Jackie just need a building site with loads of random objects in it to fight around. :)
Seriously though I wouldn't want to take a punch from him, if you watch his earlier films he's incredibly strong as well as fast. I think Arnie is just strong so as long as he didn't grab him Jackie would win.

Edit: Jackie's warming up for the fight. http://giphy.com/gifs/jackie-chan-drunken-master-5K0I9cYfqAGA/fullscreen
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

The real winner between Jackie Chan vs Arnold is Bruce Lee.

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on June 14, 2016, 09:45:53 AM
Jackie just need a building site with loads of random objects in it to fight around. :)
Seriously though I wouldn't want to take a punch from him, if you watch his earlier films he's incredibly strong as well as fast. I think Arnie is just strong so as long as he didn't grab him Jackie would win.

Edit: Jackie's warming up for the fight. http://giphy.com/gifs/jackie-chan-drunken-master-5K0I9cYfqAGA/fullscreen

If we're using movie feats, Arnold can no sell being hit in the head with a baseball bat and being stabbed with a knife as well as throw a man who has similar dimensions several feet.  And that's just from T2.

Quote from: Unit 33 on June 14, 2016, 10:58:33 AM
The real winner between Jackie Chan vs Arnold is Bruce Lee.

Jackie says Bruce is FTE
Insane