SWBFgamersUpdate 1.0 Public Beta Release

Started by Led, January 03, 2012, 02:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
the update server was down for a while, but it is back up now
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on July 07, 2012, 08:13:50 AM
Just to confirm the server works for me at the moment. Do you have xfire Ltin? I can try and help you over that if you want.
No i dont have xfire. And im going to try to uninstall the update and patch and see if that works.

could this be it? when i move the file over to the spot it should be (im in the 1 release not the patch yet) it tells me "the destination already contains a folder named swbfgamersupdate1.0" should i merge the folders, or skip? :help:

now, about the patch, do i replace the original update and folder or what?

ok, i have to be doing something wrong. when i do installmission.bat, it gives me what looks like command promt, but it is only up for like half a second and i dont know what it means. when i try to join the serevr i see like halk a second of loading screen with the patch, which is an improvement, but i still cant join and battlefront.exe still stops working. any ideas?

post your batch file here sometimes i get the letters for eras wrong and this causes crash. other times its missing lvl. there are a whole bunch of possible causes for the crash.

Quote from: Ltin on July 07, 2012, 09:45:21 AM
ok, i have to be doing something wrong. when i do installmission.bat, it gives me what looks like command promt, but it is only up for like half a second and i dont know what it means. when i try to join the serevr i see like halk a second of loading screen with the patch, which is an improvement, but i still cant join and battlefront.exe still stops working. any ideas?

do the manual install method instead.  Please read the instructions in the readme file.

and i have been doing thee manual instll method

July 07, 2012, 09:52:51 AM #41 Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:58:12 AM by Ltin
i think the data folder hates me. jabbas place isnt in there now for some reason
i bought the disc after the update that added jabbas palace
mabye thats why it wont work
EDIT: ya know what, ill come back to this at a later date

jabbas palace resides in Addon

It does? I didnt see anything in it untill i put a map in addon, and it wasnt jabbas palace, and i was able to play jabbas palace before and after that. Jabbas palace came with the disc, which was bought in like 2009, so i didnt have to do anything.

it comes with version 1.2 as an Addon map