The Biggest Weekend in Racing - Will anyone else be watching?

Started by Ltin, May 27, 2017, 07:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This weekend is generally considered the biggest weekend in racing, with F1's Monaco Grand Prix, INDYCAR's Indy 500, NASCAR's Coke 600, and the 24 hours of Nurburgring (currently underway).

Is anyone else a fan here, and will you be watching?
I will probably be getting up at 6 in the morning for monaco... europe pls why cant you be on american time

Much as I'd love to watch those races, my timing prevents me from doing so. Plus, I always would prefer if I did the driving in motor sports, than simply being a spectator.

*is still waiting for GT Sport, as he pre-ordered it last Christmas*

Quote from: Gold Man on May 27, 2017, 07:57:29 PM
I always would prefer if I did the driving in motor sports, than simply being a spectator.

same here

Quote from: Ltin on May 27, 2017, 07:08:35 PM
I will probably be getting up at 6 in the morning for monaco... europe pls why cant you be on american time

beacase in Europe it apears that the sun rises and sets at diferent times do to the rotation of the earth and them being on the other side of it from Americia and they don't want to do it at odd americian hours so there you go.
if you need more info here is a wiki link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Europe
(by way I knew that was a joke and this is to.)
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

...Didn't even know there were races coming. Racing has just never been my thing I guess  :shrug:
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Quote from: Ascertes on May 27, 2017, 09:04:03 PM
...Didn't even know there were races coming. Racing has just never been my thing I guess  :shrug:

and also same here.
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

I'm a big F1 fan so I'll be watching Monaco, it's not always the best for overtaking but it's amazing to watch the cars on a street circuit that's 80+ years old and has barely changed to add run off or anything. And on top of that they got a new lap record yesterday.

I don't follow the others much but the indy 500 is something special so if I can find somewhere to watch it I will and see if Alonso can win and go for the triple crown.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)