Is there anyway to make a SWBF Roleplay Server :B?

Started by J3J3, December 17, 2012, 04:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
 :P I was wondering how cool it could be, seriously does any1  :moo: has any idea how to make one?

If it's anything like standard role-playing servers I would assume it just means no real-world chat, just stay in character.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on December 18, 2012, 09:47:24 AM
If it's anything like standard role-playing servers I would assume it just means no real-world chat, just stay in character.
That's probably the extent to which it could be done.
But if people really got into it they could submit their character ideas to a modder, who would implement them into a mod map.
Thus allowing each player to play as their characters.... perhaps having TK off would allow a kind of FFA too.

In realistic terms this game just isn't the type that would work....the suggestion unit gives could only possibly have 10 people max.....and thats if 5 want one faction and 5 want another.

In most MMO games that have RP channels/worlds they just restrict the chat to Role playing and boot/ban anyone who tries to break the illusion...also names and such would be in roleplaying style.

I'd say the best way to do it for a game like this is to have a roleplaying game on the forum, that has live action battles in different locations different nights with a game master controlling when and where the battles take place but players adding flavor. In all honesty I really think that this would have been fun back when we did RP games more often i just wish someone had thought of it.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Quote from: Merry ol' Hc on December 18, 2012, 12:23:00 PM
In realistic terms this game just isn't the type that would work....the suggestion unit gives could only possibly have 10 people max.....and thats if 5 want one faction and 5 want another.

I'd say the best way to do it for a game like this is to have a roleplaying game on the forum, that has live action battles in different locations different nights with a game master controlling when and where the battles take place but players adding flavor. In all honesty I really think that this would have been fun back when we did RP games more often i just wish someone had thought of it.

I doubt more than 10 individuals would be interested.
That's certainly an interesting idea to start from a forum game, and then expand to MP games.

I suppose it would work like any other tournament, but with plots and back stories.