Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Started by Roxas, December 14, 2012, 03:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I say we just use propaganda to somehow lure all the idiots of the world into one place and nuke them.  :XD: Unfortunately, that would be half of America's population.  :P

Problem solved!  ;)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

December 14, 2012, 09:30:06 PM #16 Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:34:24 PM by Droideka
Quote from: Ltin on December 14, 2012, 06:47:43 PM
This kind of thing is appaling. No wonder the myans thought the world was going to end. I bet this didnt happen in rome/greece/[insert ancient civilization here].
Who could even do such a thing?
People have always been violent, and horrible atrocities have been committed in the past. There is a new disturbing trend of shootings in America, and I think this is related to mental illness and how we treat these illnesses in our country.

This shooting is absolutely terrible and unprecedented, and it has happened in the one place we thought was safe from killers.

I don't want to focus on the shooter right now, and I don't want to focus on gun control debates, I want everybody to remember how fragile life is and I want everybody to hold on a little tighter to the people you have in your lives, because you never know what can happen. I want people to remember the 20 kids who should have lived many more happy years with their families. I want people to remember the adults that tried their hardest to save the kids, only to die themselves.

My thoughts go out to the families of the victims of today's tragedy, and I hope that they find stability in their lives after this terrible incident.

If anybody is despairing at the loss of basic human decency in our society, remember that for every tragedy like this, ten thousand good deeds go unnoticed every day. There is still a lot of good in people, and people like this shooter are in the vast minority. There may be some systemic problems with gun violence and mental health going on, but in general I can still believe that people are inherently good. Even though it's hard to at times like these.

Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Quote from: Droideka on December 14, 2012, 09:30:06 PM
People have always been violent, and horrible atrocities have been committed in the past. There is a new disturbing trend of shootings in America, and I think this is related to mental illness and how we treat these illnesses in our country.

This shooting is absolutely terrible and unprecedented, and it has happened in the one place we thought was safe from killers.

I don't want to focus on the shooter right now, and I don't want to focus on gun control debates, I want everybody to remember how fragile life is and I want everybody to hold on a little tighter to the people you have in your lives, because you never know what can happen. I want people to remember the 20 kids who should have lived many more happy years with their families. I want people to remember the adults that tried their hardest to save the kids, only to die themselves.

My thoughts go out to the families of the victims of today's tragedy, and I hope that they find stability in their lives after this terrible incident.

If anybody is despairing at the loss of basic human decency in our society, remember that for every tragedy like this, ten thousand good deeds go unnoticed every day. There is still a lot of good in people, and people like this shooter are in the vast minority. There may be some systemic problems with gun violence and mental health going on, but in general I can still believe that people are inherently good. Even though it's hard to at times like these.

:'( :'( :'( nuff said  :bye:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Here in California, getting treatment for mental illness usually means getting prozac and a "license" for marijuana. People are supposed to be depressed. It's a natural thing in life. If you keep doping people up with anti-depressant they're going to snap. Let them sag for a month, but be a good friend and be there for them. Don't let them jack needles into their veins and whatever and don't let their depression go deep enough for them to go on a killing spree.

I really do hope that school does not become like the TSA.

As for the Romans, I'm pretty sure they killed, pilfered, and raped entire villages. At least under some of the Emperors. They were bad (well Nero was terrible), but they never massacred innocent children alone.

As an Australian, I just dont understand how Americans dont bring in stronger gun control laws. In this country, we had a massacre some years back, and very strong gun laws were introduced immediatley, and whilst we hear about a gun incident every now and again(usually involving a bikie war, or other illegal activity), major incidents are almost non exsistent. I get that mentally unbalanced people are to blame for these massacres, but allowing virtually anyone to purchase a gun because 'its their constitutional right' is just as mentally unbalanced in my view.

This is a terrible thing to see, unfortunately it happens all over the world, whether it's guns, knives or just running people over. My sympathies to everyone and also those involved in the mass stabbing in China yesterday.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

December 15, 2012, 07:08:11 AM #21 Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:29:01 AM by jdee-barc
Avoid the politics please. :tu:. (RC was being that guy)
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Don't watch the news today. Instead, go out and commit a random act of kindness. It is all we can do to counter this atrocity.

December 15, 2012, 07:45:47 AM #23 Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 07:47:55 AM by Buckler
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Allanon on December 15, 2012, 12:57:05 AM
As an Australian, I just dont understand how Americans dont bring in stronger gun control laws. In this country, we had a massacre some years back, and very strong gun laws were introduced immediatley, and whilst we hear about a gun incident every now and again(usually involving a bikie war, or other illegal activity), major incidents are almost non exsistent. I get that mentally unbalanced people are to blame for these massacres, but allowing virtually anyone to purchase a gun because 'its their constitutional right' is just as mentally unbalanced in my view.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080205052304AAzIs3g

true, very true. I saw a story on some website recently of random pictures of some of the best deeds iv ever seen done

Quote from: vansting on December 15, 2012, 01:25:25 PM
         http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080205052304AAzIs3g
Right, the facts simply deny any correlation between violent crime and gun ownership. But when have the facts stopped anyone?

Like I said, our country is morally and spiritually a trainwreck. That's the problem, but no one will talk about it.

This is indeed a tragedy, I detest the media mob for trying to spread the blame around.

December 15, 2012, 02:09:53 PM #28 Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 02:15:38 PM by Joseph
Quote from: UNIT 33 on December 15, 2012, 02:04:59 PM
This is indeed a tragedy, I detest the media mob for trying to spread the blame around.
My anger at the bile spewed from that principal opponent of human rationality (the media) is almost, but not quite, comparable to my anger at the lunatic himself.

Sometimes I wonder if America is literally too big to solve certain problems effectively anymore.

Guns are the easiest thing for the media to blame it on. As a rather avid gun person and an NRA member I have heard thousands of stories that go the other way in this matter. Such as innocent people using guns to protect themselves from acts of crime on them and their property. A machine is only as dangerous as its user, how to get them out of the "dangerous users" hands is a rather large scale task. But taking them from everyone will only result in more deaths because criminals will still obtain fire arms because of the evil, putrid, sickness of peoples minds, in America especially.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins