Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Started by Roxas, December 14, 2012, 03:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Source

This ruined my day. Seriously, it's one thing for some high schooler to snap from being outcast by his classmates, but going on a freaking killing spree on kindergardeners? That is just disgusting.

Not to mention, gun laws are going to go crazy; with good reason I add.

Quote from: CNN
Newtown, Connecticut (CNN) -- In one of the deadliest school shootings in U.S. history, a gunman opened fire Friday in a Connecticut elementary school, killing 26 people, 20 of them children, police said.
The suspected gunman, who was not identified by police, also was killed, apparently by his own hand.

One person was wounded.

The mass shootings occurred in one section of Sandy Hook Elementary School and spanned two classrooms, said Lt. Paul Vance of the Connecticut State Police.

How the school shooting unfolded Student: We heard lots of bangs 3rd grader describes shooting from class.

Among the dead were the school's principal and psychologist, according to a parent who was at the school when the incident happened.

Separately, another adult was found dead at a second location in Newtown, Vance said. A law enforcement source with detailed knowledge of the investigation identified that person as Nancy Lanza, the mother of the suspected shooter, who was found dead at her son's home. She was a teacher at Sandy Hook, sources said.

Police recovered three weapons from the scene: a semi-automatic .223 Bushmaster, a Glock and a Sig Sauer, a source with knowledge of the investigation said. Vance said that the medical examiner will determine the cause of death for the gunman, though he noted that police never discharged their weapons.

What is the world coming too.. There's too many heartless psychos out there.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Heard this at the end of my schoolday over the P.A.  Absolutely awful. A friend and I were saying this about the laws for firearms: register a frickin' mental status checkup monthly. That way, all owners of firearms can be for blame to go off on a killing spree if their mentality shows it.

An absolutely sensless act of a maddman or a coward.

I can imagine no reason to attack a kindergarden aged group of people.

If you are disabled due to a mental illnes, you cannot purchase a gun.

Deep restrictions on firearms will ensure that only criminals have them.

I will not discuss this further, just tossing my thoughts in the mix.

This goes way beyond the gun control debate. America is diseased.

Quote from: Joseph on December 14, 2012, 04:07:22 PM
This goes way beyond the gun control debate. America is diseased.

Very well said. I am considering moving to Australia or some place when I graduate college.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Really terrible that someone would do a thing like that.

Sorry about those people.
Lucky for me, I live in country, where the guns unlegal at all. This is old Soviet Union law, for easy control of the people.
Well, actualy criminals do not care about the law, so they shootig innocent people, all the time, at least in my city...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Does any one else find it odd that there have been so many mass shootings in the last 4 months?  The other day I watched the show Curiosity on the Discovery Channel "Killer Inside Us".  Where they attempted to brainwash someone to kill.....Freaky stuff

Here is a link
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/curiosity/topics/brainwashed-to-assassinate.htm

Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

This kind of thing is appaling. No wonder the myans thought the world was going to end. I bet this didnt happen in rome/greece/[insert ancient civilization here].
Who could even do such a thing?

As someone who has lost a close friend in the Virginia Tech massacre...

this hurts just to even hear. a lot. The news was spread around my school by noon and it just shook everyone. It's hard to think about a safe and relatively small neighborhood community be at risk for something as horrifying as this.

My prayers go to the families affected by the shooting. It's hard to lose a loved one, especially at this early of an age.

#TYBG

I'm sorry for your loss AG.
The thing is, you only hear about the bad/crazy people  not the good people in the world.

Even if they made all guns illegal, people would still get them. It's exactly the same as illegal drugs, just walk onto a high school campus.  :rant: