Rose Parade?

Started by Kit Fisto, December 09, 2012, 12:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was wondering, do any if you guys watch the Rose Parade/ Tournament of Roses that occurs on New Year's Day/morning? Is it an American thing to do? Californian thing to do?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on December 09, 2012, 12:18:14 PM
I was wondering, do any if you guys watch the Rose Parade/ Tournament of Roses that occurs on New Year's Day/morning? Is it an American thing to do? Californian thing to do?

At the risk of sounding stupid, isn't that traditionally associated with the Rose Bowl, the College Football game hosted in Pasadena, California?

Well its no European thing to do...thats for sure

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Quote from: Darth Verik on December 09, 2012, 01:38:40 PM
Well its no European thing to do...thats for sure
Ok, that explains the lack of people responding.  :happy:

For all I know you've just made it up.

Perhaps we should re-direct the topic towards New Years Eve and Day celebrations.

I'll save you embarrassment kit  :moo: He didn't make it up I believe it is on ABC from 8-noon est time. Its a parade where people compete for the best float or what not. Then the Rosebowl (College Football americano) Starts at 1 I think.  :tu:

http://www.discoverlosangeles.com/blog/tournament-roses-pasadena?gclid=COyqsMyrjrQCFQpgMgodwGcATQ

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Ha I didn't make it up! And thanks norris.  ;)
I was wondering if any of you guys watch it? I do every year. In fact I've been to 3 of them! ( partly because each one of those years I had a brother or sister on a float!  8) )

That's cool Kit! I watch some of it. It depends when I get up because I'm always up late the night before  :shrug:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Me, being american, has never heard about it :wacko: , the rise of the planet of the apes is so sad :'(

Quote from: Kit Fisto on December 09, 2012, 08:06:35 PM
What the?!  :blink:
I hated that movie, It had a good point, but it was extremely immoral in the looks, in the vocal activity, and the whole set up is wrong IMO.

I have heard of, but never watched the Rose Bowl Parade or Game.

Continuing the off topic discussion though...
The new Planet of the Apes movies were different, but I liked them enough.
Not much more than action flicks.

The first run of them (with Roddy McDowel and C. Heston) are actually my favorite series of movie sequels. (yep, more than SW even.)
There is a culture challenging depth to them. It flips people's ideas about "who is master" on it's ear, then puts a chain on it and says "No".

I think they should be required viewing material for political science classes.

Roses to Apes in less then 2 posts  :blink: