Favorite Holiday Eats

Started by {212th} Ldr. Norris, December 07, 2012, 10:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
What are some of your guys' favorite dishes and desserts you look forward to at this time of year? (or the foods you know you shouldn't eat but can't help yourself)  :P

My grandma makes a crazy dish of sweet potato's and of course the peanut butter fudge and sugar cookies are always good.  :tu:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

For desserts:

Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie, Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls, and Shortbread Cookies. :D

Christmas dinner is similar to what I eat everyday but I still look forward to it. The perfect one has; turkey, rolled up bacon, pork sausages, mashed potato, peas, beans, sprouts and lots of gravy. :P I don't really like the traditional christmas pudding though so I have chocolate gateau. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

December 07, 2012, 11:48:45 AM #4 Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 11:56:53 AM by BlackScorpion
Pro-tip: For those concerned about putting on weight: consume caffeine--it's an appetite suppressant and frequently used by bodybuilders preparing for a contest.

As for seasonal food, latkes are delicious.

I'm not as big into sweets as I used to be, but I don't think there's been anything bad that uses cinnamon.

Quote from: {212} =-Norris-= on December 07, 2012, 10:37:48 AM
What are some of your guys' favorite dishes and desserts you look forward to at this time of year? (or the foods you know you shouldn't eat but can't help yourself)  :P

My grandma makes a crazy dish of sweet potato's and of course the peanut butter fudge and sugar cookies are always good.  :tu:

(Emphasis added.)

That's why winter is the season for bulking.  :-)

The Buckeye ball is my all time fav :xmastim:

Quote from: BlackScorpion on December 07, 2012, 11:48:45 AM
Pro-tip: For those concerned about putting on weight: consume caffeine--it's an appetite suppressant and frequently used by bodybuilders preparing for a contest.

[size=78%]Its also a diuretic so high consumption will cause frequent trips to the pot[/size] ;)

December 07, 2012, 12:46:45 PM #7 Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 12:48:35 PM by BlackScorpion
Quote from: DBellz on December 07, 2012, 12:24:46 PM
[size=78%]Its also a diuretic so high consumption will cause frequent trips to the pot[/size] ;)

(A) lol:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeinated-drinks/AN01661

(B) beverages aren't the only way to consume caffeine

Quote from: {212}MartyClaus on December 07, 2012, 12:33:43 PM
[spoiler]http://www.igourmet.com/images/topics/turkey1.jpg[/spoiler]

le turkey is always good.

Quote from: DBellz on December 07, 2012, 12:24:46 PM
The Buckeye ball is my all time fav :xmastim:

Not my all time but it makes top 10

Tea cakes anyone? 

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Main dish: rabbit, french fry potato, frog legs, caviar (fish eggs), calmars, octopuses...
Desert: probably croissants, and pie with chocolate, cream, and brandy content... Maybe some icecream with nuts and fruits... And surely lot kind of coktails and liqueurs :P.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Mm, nothing like the classic Pavlova. I can't seem to find a picture online that does it justice. Remember, no matter what a jealous aussie may tell you we being NZ invented the Pavlova. (That last sentence is 100% serious. But don't feel bad Aus economy wise you guys are much better off than us.)

Quote from: SleepKiller on December 07, 2012, 02:30:21 PM
Mm, nothing like the classic Pavlova. I can't seem to find a picture online that does it justice. Remember, no matter what a jealous aussie may tell you we being NZ invented the Pavlova. (That last sentence is 100% serious. But don't feel bad Aus economy wise you guys are much better off than us.)

Pavlova: proven to make dogs salivate.