What console should I get?

Started by Rayce, April 28, 2015, 11:42:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I want to get the new Battlefront on PC, but I probably can't. So I ask you guys: what console should I get? The X-Box One or the Playstation 4? Not just for SWBF, but just in general. The only things I care about are price and reliability. Bonus points for backwards compatibility (which I seriously doubt either has).

I have the ps4 with no problems after the first year, both are about the same price now so I would say have a go with both controllers and look at the exclusive games to decide. Or just go with what your friends have if you want to play online.
I would go with the ps4  personally but just because I've always preferred PlayStation games and controllers.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I feel as though the PS4 will have a price cut by the time EASWBF is released if that counts for anything.

Online subscription fees are still an annoyance though.

I would say Xbox since it has better exclusive titles, i.e. Halo, and while it is annoying to pay for Xbox Live, they often run sales and discounts on subscriptions (Which has come handy to me.) And also getting two free games a month doesn't hurt.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

I don't care about exclusives at this point. Since the majority are probably M-rated.

Doesn't the PS4 have more powerful hardware? I think I heard that some where. I would go for a PS4 if I was going to get a console.

Quote from: Dbiz on April 29, 2015, 08:13:55 AM
You could also look into the new Steam Machine.

http://store.steampowered.com/universe/machines

I was looking at some of those earlier. Curious idea though, wouldn't you need to put Windows on it first? Or do you think it's possible to run SWBF on that as is?

Either way, the hardware specs in some of those vary, but there's definitely a few offers there that could more than easily play something like the new SWBF at high settings most likely.

Almost makes me want to reconsider repairing my junker and buying one of these instead. :P Though I think I might get more use out of a fixed up PC personally.