271st Legion Mod

Started by ETW_Modder, December 08, 2013, 08:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 08, 2013, 08:35:21 AM Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 08:47:32 AM by ETW_Modder
                                                         271st Legion Mod
Type: Skin, weapon, and unit modification
Contains: Rep.lvl and Core.lvl
Game:SWBF1
Size: 37MB
Time Taken to make: 1 Week (actually more, lost track o'time)
Tools used:
BFBuilder, BFBuilder Pro, BFBuilder Pro 2.0, Core.lvl builder, Side.lvl Builder

Pics:
[spoiler]
Link to Screenshots if these don't show up: http://postimg.org/gallery/hgfx87p6/

Assault Trooper

Sharpshooter

Engineer

Jet Trooper

http://postimg.org/image/vqa9vrjx5/
Commander

Here's shot of one of the Mandos
  :moo:

The link above to the gallery shows some other screenshots not included here.  :)
[/spoiler]

Class Layouts for 271st Legion:
Assault Trooper
DC-15s Blaster Carbine
DC-15a Blaster Rifle
EMP Grenade
Concussion Grenade
Heavy Recon Commando Trooper
DC-15x Sniper Rifle
PLX-1 Missile Launcher
DC-15x Sawed-off Blaster
Thermal Detonators
Recon Droid (gonna change this to Mines)
Engineer
DP-23 Shotgun (requesting model for this one)
Fusion Cutter (going to change this to SWBF1 beta model)
Health/Ammo Packs
Detpack Timebomb 10 secs
Jet Trooper
EMP Launcher
DC-15a Blaster Rifle
Thermal Detonators
EMP Grenades??? (actually forgot what I gave him)
Commander
Z-6 Shoulder Mounted Chaingun
DC-17 Commando Pistol
Thermal Detonators
Mines (gonna swap this with the HRC Trooper's recon droid)
Hero/Commander Sirius
DC-15A Blaster Rifle
DC-15 Blaster Pistol
Grenades

Class Layouts for Mandalorians:
Mandalorian Assault Trooper
Mandalorian Rifle
Rocket Launcher
Thermal Detonators
Concussion Grenades
Heavy Weapons Gunner
Heavy Repeater (a bit OP at this point)
Mandalorian Pistol
Thermal Detonators
Mines
Engineer
Wrist Blaster
Fusion Cutter
Health & Ammo Dispenser
Timebombs
Mandalorian Elite
Mandalorian Sniper Rifle
Mandalorian Arc Caster mode (same model as Sniper Rifle)
Thermal Detonators
Recon Droid
Mandalorian Commander
Elite Blaster Rifle
Flamethrower mode
Thermal Detonators
???
Hero/Spar(currently still Dooku)
Spar's Layout
???
???
???

Description[spoiler]Description:
This is my first mod, and I have been constantly updating it. I am actually very proud of how it has turned out so far, and will continue to update it and try to fix it best I can.[/spoiler]

Credits[spoiler]Credits:
Darth D.U.C.K. for his DC-17 Pistol etc,
Icemember for his Mandalorian Models, Clone Commander, ATRT Driver, TX 131 tank, and mando weapon models
Phobos for his tutorials, tools, and help
Buckler for tutorials and help
Sleepkiller for his tutorials (5 weapons)
Qdin for some models
ggctuk for assets, DC-17 Commando Pistol
tirpider for assets, Backpack and Jetpack addons, and Phase II Jet Trooper
Maveritchell for assets and etc.
(FC)Target for his shotgun odf tutorial
CodaRez for his Republic Sniper Rifle (this is for the mando side)
OOM-9 for DC-15S Carbine
-RepublicCommando- for Sawed off DC-15X Blaster Rifle
Sky_216 for his CIS Kitbashed Blasters
Snake for Clean Trooper Skins
Pandemic for their game, Star Wars Battlefront, as well as all assets
LucasArts for Star Wars itself

And anyone else I probably forgot to mention :)  ::)[/spoiler]

Here's the beginnings of a little wiki on the Legion.  :P
[spoiler]
Story of 271st Legion:
This legion was one of many that participated in the Battle of Geonosis. Following the battle, it was intended that the legion be tasked with the standard duties of any other legion: fighting the CIS and helping to secure planets and eventually victory for the Republic. Instead, following many Mandalorian Protectors siding with the CIS, this legion was specifically tasked with suppressing Mandalorian forces to prevent any major Mandalorian force to assist the CIS war effort in key systems. The 271st did well, yet they lost many, as other legions sent to support them in their fight did. Following the elimination of Mandalorian Protector forces on Norval II, the legion was reorganized into legions that would later become parts of the Empire's deadly stormtrooper forces, however, an unusually symmetrical number of clones, equivalent to that of the legion's original name, left for the Outer Rim against Imperial Orders and were never heard of since.
Commander Sirius
Initially, Commander Sirius was a simple sergeant in the Clone Army during the Battle of Geonosis. However, he quickly rose up through the ranks following the battle and attained the rank of Commander of the 271st in the fight against the Mandalorian Protectors of the CIS. Unlike other legion commanders, Sirius received modified prototype Phase II Paratrooper armor. He added unto this armor a JT-12 jetpack and ammo bandoilers. He was famed for his fight against the Mandalorians. When Order 66 was issued, Commander Sirius assisted in the killing of Jedi General Tyro-tai (t-Iro-thai). Afterwards, he and many of the 271st began to feel more independent and guilty for their participation in Order 66. In 17 BBY, Sirius and 270 soldiers (making 271 total) of the legion hijacked an Acclamator Class Star Cruiser and departed in the Outer Rim. No further information is available at this time, stardate 40 ABY.

Commander Sirius
HRC Trooper
The Heavy Recon Commando Trooper, or HRC Trooper, was one of many legion specific units of the 271st during the Clone Wars. They were normally armed with a DC-15X Sniper Rifle, PLX-1 Missile Launcher, Thermal Detonators, one Recon Droid, and one of the following: DC-17 Pistol, DC-15S Carbine, or Sawed Off DC-15X Blaster Modification.

The Heavy Recon Commando Class (HRC) Phase I

Phase II HRC Trooper
Phase II 271st Legion Jet Trooper
As new armor and equipment began to flow in to bolster the arsenal of the 271st legion, it was found that while enough key supplies and new armor made it through Mandalorian blockades, no jet-trooper specific armor or new model jet-packs did. To compensate, a respirator was added to Phase II Armor for Jet Trooper soldiers as well as a modified JT-12 Jetpack. Near the end of the Clone Wars in 19 BBY, these modifications had become commonplace within the legion, and no Phase II equipment of the type was ever used as an upgrade.

Phase II Jet Trooper (271st)
Phase I and II 271st Legion Combat Engineer
Due to the extreme conditions of many of the planets on which the legion fought upon, it was decided by the Republic Military Board to equip the soldiers of the legion with modified armor, similar to the later AT-RT driver armor. The helmet was modified with high-resolution visors, as well as an inbuilt respirator. The armor was similar to that of a standard clone, yet modified to withstand more extreme conditions. Later in the Clone Wars, the Phase 2 troopers of the legion recieved AT-RT Driver armor as their main battle armor.

Combat Engineer
Captain Nades

Captain Nades of the 271st Legion of the Grand Army of the Republic earned his title through his professional usage of a variety of grenades and detonators. He favored the usage of explosive weapons and carried some form of destructive equipment at all times. His weapon layout normally consisted of a DC-15S Blaster Carbine, a Rocket Launcher, an EMP Launcher, Thermal Detonators, and Concussion Grenades, though on some missions he carried timebombs, detpacks, or explosive mines. His armor was similar to that of 501st Clone Captain CT-7567, known as Rex. For lack of a better term, this armor has been titled "Phase 1.5" Clone Trooper Armor. Captain Nades was one of the many Clone Troopers of the legion that left into the Outer Rim under the orders of Commander Sirius.
[/spoiler]

Cut Content

The Republic Heavy Recon Droid, a planned 6th class through use of the recon droid spawner that may make its way into the Phase II edition of the mod after heavy testing

Download Links, Phase I:
Latest 2.0 (Maybe Final Just got a model from RC, Phase 1 isn't quite finished.....) Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?cobbu0ftgi32pok (crashes, look at Bugs section)
April 1.0 Local Link: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1132
(April 1.0)Rep.lvl: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ahv95nkiz4t6i05/rep.lvl
Core.lvl: https://www.mediafire.com/?8lan8n62pte1kvy
Replvl (Beta): https://www.mediafire.com/?ew69fiu8pn6ep1s 
Core lvl (Beta): https://www.mediafire.com/?27gat372gci6hbg

Download Links, Phase II:
Coming when I feel like it! :P

Download Links, Mandalorians
Coming Soon....(when I get feedback from beta tester(s) to determine how I shall finalize the sides for 1.0)

Bugs
[spoiler]
Core.lvl loc may not show up
Crashes
Tank does not work properly in new version
Hope you enjoy my mod!  :)
Screens are on my steam account[/spoiler]
2.0 Crashes on several of the stock maps. It is known to work on Bespin Platforms, Mustafar Refinery, Mygeeto, and a few other custom maps. I believe it works on Tatooine Mos Eisley.

Also, where can I find the TX-131 Tank here? http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=23642
Thanks  :)

I am considering making this into a third era.

Please Report Any Bugs you find as well as give any ideas for improvements. Thanks!

Media fire link from that post: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rc6cf1amg2cmnbc/TX_Tank.zip

File front is constantly down.. I've never hosted anywhere but; Here (SWBFgamers), my own personal google site, my website, and speedyshare.com.
I strongly suggest you never host anything on filefront/gamefront. They're bad news.
--
I'll try and find some time to test out the mod, sounds promissing, even for a first go!

Thanks  :) I'll be updating this mod soon.

You are welcome to upload your mods here--just PM me and I will make sure they get approved. :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

December 08, 2013, 02:23:45 PM #4 Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 02:49:38 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Raindeer
Wow icemember sure has a lot of models on there... any-who im downloading the mod now and I'll see how it goes (emoticon for crossing fingers), edit this post in a sec

EDIT: I loaded it on platforms, took a min to load but when it did, it was very fun, the only bug I saw was the ARC and the sniper class were switched around which that shouldn't take long to fix though
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

December 09, 2013, 01:23:02 PM #5 Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 02:01:57 PM by bk2_santa
@Buckler: Thanks, I'll do so when I update this a bit.

@{TCE}Call-of-Reindeer: Do you mean that the ARC and Sniper names were switched, or their positions in the spawn list? The names should work on stock maps if you used the core.lvl I gave. :)

EDIT: I updated the mod and previous post. If you notice anything in the mod that is from your asset or work, just let me know. Also report any bugs that have not been already noted in the first post.

December 19, 2013, 12:30:55 PM #6 Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 12:53:53 PM by -ChristmasCommando-
Both new versions are links to core.lvls
--
Also, if you wish to add some formatting (make it look prettier), you can use bb code for it e.x.:

[url=desiredURLaddress.com]Some Text To Replace link[/url]
And that looks like:
Some Text To Replace Link
- You could add bold to make it pop: [b] code here [/b]
Click to go to "Example" website.

[spoiler=Rewritten top post]
271st Legion Mod!
This is a Rep.lvl modification that changes skins of weapons, vehicles, and Units for the game "Star Wars: The Battlefront"

Stats:
File Contents: Rep.lvl and Core.lvl
FileSize: 37 MegaBytes
Mod Made in 1 Week.
Tools for creation:
BFBuilder SDK and BFB Pro 2.0, Core.lvl and Side.lvl Builders from v 4b ToolBox
--
Steam: BK2-modder

Ingame Screenshots: [spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Descriptions]
This mod is my first mod, and more of an experiment and training for me. It is actually part of a larger mod I am making which involves Mandalorians, hence the thanks for Mandalorian models from Icemember. I will soon release the Mandalorians, then I will move on to my KotOR sides project.  :tu:[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Credits:]
Credits:
Darth D.U.C.K. for his DC-17 Pistol etc,
Icemember for his Mandalorian Models and Clone Commander
Phobos for his tutorials, tools, and help
Buckler for tutorials and help
Sleepkiller for his tutorials
Qdin for some models
ggctuk for assets
tirpider for assets
Maveritchell for assets and etc.
(FC)Target for his shotgun odf tutorial
And anyone else I probably forgot to mention :)  ::)[/spoiler]

Download Rep.lvl 2.0
Download Rep.lvl 1.0 (OLD)
Download Core.lvl 1.0 (OLD)
Download Core.lvl 2.0
[spoiler=Bugs]
Core.lvl Locolization sometimes doesn't show up.
Can sometimes crash.
TX Tank doesn't function properly in 2.0
Tank does not work properly in new version[/spoiler]
Hope you enjoy my mod!  :)
[/spoiler]

December 19, 2013, 01:19:01 PM #7 Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 02:36:23 PM by ETW_Modder
I tried the new Republic side link and it directed me to it, so I do not know what is wrong.

EDIT: I just updated the rep.lvl link. I added overheats to some of the weapons, edited some of their stats, and attempted to fix some minor bugs. Although, the Republic Fighter Tank is still somewhat bugged. Also, if anyone wants to reupload any of these files to swbfgamers, they have my permission.
EDIT2: I just discovered a few bugs. I will fix them. Until then, do not download the mod.
EDIT3: Ok, I fixed the overheat bugs. It should now work properly. Please report any bugs or difficulty with the download. There is also a link to a screenshot gallery and a download from this website.

April 21, 2014, 03:21:44 PM #8 Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 03:32:14 PM by ETW_Modder
I am currently debating who to use as the hero for the 271st Legion. Currently I have Commander Sirius, with two possible models.

Here's one: And here's the other:

Which is better?

In other news, I have finished the Mandalorian Heavy Assault Class and his weapons. For some reason the skin I'm trying to use for the Engineer and this Republic Speeder http://secretsociety.com/forum/downloads/Psych0%20Projects/BetaVehicles/AttackSpeederLight/ cause the game to crash. :/

I recommend the first one (left)

Cool mod! Did you make these skins? I think the second one looks cooler.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Thank you for your compliment Snake  :), and yes I did skin them, but the second one was based off of Deviss's Commander Cody located here http://download1655.mediafire.com/f1d111lecuwg/68eptly4e93ytp1/DEV+HD+ep2+Cody.rar. Anyways, @RepublicCommando I think that I'll try and use both and have the first one used on Yavin and Kashykk, unless there is some sort of randomizer function available. Is it possible to make a blue command post in SWBF1?

April 22, 2014, 01:43:05 PM #12 Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 01:51:27 PM by Snake
I'm pretty sure it is, though I've never tried. I will give it a go for the Museum and get back to you on exactly how to do it.

------

Yeah, here's the part that deals with the color:

Color             = "0 0 0"
NeutralColor      = "255 255 255"
FriendlyColor       = "30 220 30"
EnemyColor          = "240 30 30"
LocalsColor       = "240 220 30"

However, I think you will have to copy, paste, and rename the odf for com_bldg_controlzone and com_holo_controlzone because, if I remember correctly, editing things in the common folder does nothing. The stuff for color is in com_holo_controlzone but you need to change the reference in com_bldg_controlzone because it references com_holo_controlzone. So make sure you change it to reference whatever you renamed the holo file to.

To change it to blue use this: 92 136 250 for the friendly color.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

A. It isn't showing up  :(
B. My modded common.lvl has caused some weird bugs in my game. Is there somewhere I could get a stock one?

Quote from: ETW_Modder on April 22, 2014, 04:07:23 PM
A. It isn't showing up  :(
B. My modded common.lvl has caused some weird bugs in my game. Is there somewhere I could get a stock one?
You could try and do the same thing to the common.lvl with the Common.lvl builder found in a one of Phobos' excellent toolboxes, they work great for me and I think I've changed the CP flare color with them.. (Or I was dreaming :P)