Mandalorian Wars: Beta 1 Release

Started by Dark_Phantom, October 25, 2013, 10:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 25, 2013, 10:16:39 AM Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 10:57:52 AM by Dark_Phantom
Welcome to Mandalorian Wars Beta 1 official release!
Readme:
QuoteMandalorian Wars - Era Mod by Dark_Phantom - Public Beta 1

This is a preliminary version of my third era mod, Mandalorian Wars.  It is a mod that utilizes a third era button and allows you to play as the Mandalorians against any one of the four teams at random.

This mod is only implemented for Single Player at this point.  For multiplayer, the randomizer has got to be deactivated and a more efficient route of implementing host ability to choose what side they want and for clients to be able to go along with that.  It will be complicated to implement.

To install:
Merge the Gamedata folder with your Gamedata folder in the Star Wars Battlefront folder you wish to install in.  I believe that everything is in the spot they need to be for it to be functional just by merging.  If you don't merge, just copy and paste the UNIV folder into Gamedata, replace the mission.lvl (back up your original, but I left stock missions intact so it should be ok) and replace the shell (I left an original shell in there for you just in case).

There are many bugs in this mod.  Hoth is non-functional in Mandalorian Wars so far (working on it).  A couple other maps crash on start (please tell me so I can fix them).  Sometimes locals do not spawn, sometimes they do.
THE BIGGEST BUG:
You can only play one Mandalorian Wars mission at a time.  Therefore, you cannot have 2 missions of UNIVmando in your Instant Action queue.  The second one will crash on start.  I have yet to figure out this bug.  It makes me angry. >:[

As a bonus, Hoth and Endor are now playable in Clone Wars and Kamino is now playable in Galactic Civil War.  Geonosis will be finished... sometime.

Enjoy!

Credits:
Pandemic-Star Wars Battlefront and Stock Assets
Dark_Phantom-Creator
Psych0fred-stock lua scripts (without them, I would have had to go with my flawed reconstructions)
Battlebelk-IMP.lvl builder
Icemember/Unit 33-Mandalorian Skins and pistol and rifle
Unit 33-LaserCannon gun skin
Sereja- Westar-34 pistol,
Napseeker-General Grievous
Phobos-1.2 Side Builders, Flamethrower odf, consultation
Republic Commando-Elite Sniper Rifle
ggctuk - port of ATRT from BF2

If I forgot anyone, please, don't hesitate to tell me and their name will be added to this list.

Please tell me any bugs you notice, and I am also looking for people to help me with certain respects of the mod that I can no longer do myself.  Like skinning.  I need more variety with the skins.  There are other things that need done, and if you tell me something you want to do, I can accommodate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3jmrtajogfnq6r1
SWBFGamers: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1045
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Huzzah, it's finally alive!
-- Playing now

Various other bugs I forgot to mention:
1.) When switching from sniper to pistol quickly, sometimes the sniper will keep firing as you fire the pistol...?
2.) Flamethrower does not run out of ammo (oops)
3.) I feel like there are more like this...

This isn't really a bug, but the high height limit can be abused on some maps... it's quite fun actually...
Also, vehicles are not included... yet... that Zam Wessell Speeder WILL get in one of these.
The levels are designed to be kind of even (see Reinforcement count and Unit Counts on the field).  Although the Mandalorians usually will wipe the floor with the stock sides.

'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

It would be awesome to implement the sides into a map after they're perfected.
Which reminds me, I think I still have a few *.objs of coruscant-like buildings running around waiting to be converted..

I think I enjoyed playing Endor the most :shrug: who knew the most diverse combination would be the most fun!

It crashed once i finished a match (during the loading screen to start it up again). This was endor. Also, why do you use the super battle droid animations? They look wonky on humans.

Cool mod  :tu: :cheers: except the text for the weapons do not show up, the Mando super battle droid animation is a bit off (their head turns to the side) and my custom Republic side was deactivated. Is there any way to at least allow me to use this mod and my 501st clone troopers (from Jedi vs Clones mod) at the same time? Again, cool mod, been looking for something like this for a few months  :cheer:

Quote from: MileHighGuy on November 28, 2013, 11:31:49 PM
It crashed once i finished a match (during the loading screen to start it up again). This was endor. Also, why do you use the super battle droid animations? They look wonky on humans.
You can only load one Mandalorian Wars level per session.  I have no clue why.  I can't tell if there is a break in my code or not as it almost seems like it isn't even opening the next mission...  ???  If anybody wants to take a look be my guest.  Also, it was the best thing for a Wrist Blaster.  I didn't know of any better animations floating around.

Quote from: bk2_modder on November 29, 2013, 02:42:11 PM
Cool mod  :tu: :cheers: except the text for the weapons do not show up, the Mando super battle droid animation is a bit off (their head turns to the side) and my custom Republic side was deactivated. Is there any way to at least allow me to use this mod and my 501st clone troopers (from Jedi vs Clones mod) at the same time? Again, cool mod, been looking for something like this for a few months  :cheer:

1.) Core modding is something on my to-do list.  No custom localization done yet.
2.) I need someone to fix that animation.  I'm XSI illiterate :lol:
3.) Your custom side mod should only go non-functional on certain levels (Hoth, Endor) and whatever else has an AT-RT. If you want I can adjust it and throw the AT-RT in it's own level file like I originally wanted to.

Thanks for the feedback!  If anyone wants to help, it would be appreciated.
:moo:

I would use the pistol animation instead. Its better than the guy walking like a droid imo.

Quote from: MileHighGuy on December 03, 2013, 06:32:43 PM
I would use the pistol animation instead. Its better than the guy walking like a droid imo.

Ok, will do.

Where did you get your Mandalorian models? I'd like to make a personal mod with them, if you think I will try to copy yours, which I won't. If they are yours, I will understand if you wish to keep them.  :)

I do believe it's converted SWBFII jango Fett.
You can find OTC (Override texture compatible) Jango Fett by Tirpider here:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=796

December 05, 2013, 06:40:43 PM #12 Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 06:44:01 PM by The Phantom of Christmas Past
Actually they are Icemember models (which are most likely that SWBF2 Jango Fett, but with awesome colors).
Link is.... on the assets thread under Asset packs.  Internet acting weird though, it's Icemember's Mando New Breed I think...

I might search some free time to play this >D

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Bump. Has there been any progress, because I found this mod awesome.  8)