Star Wars: Tiny Death Star

Started by Gold Man, March 30, 2014, 06:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 30, 2014, 06:04:49 PM Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 07:28:47 PM by Gold Man
Dunno if anyone else with an iOS/Android/Windows device has been drawn into this yet, but here it is:

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/star-wars-tiny-death-star/id663576850?mt=8

The game itself is made by the guys who made Tiny Tower (another popular game on mobile devices), and has collaboration with Disney Interactive. I myself have become drawn to this game, as it is pretty fun to just run the Death Star as a retail mall. :P However, the "freemium" part of it is the lack of premium currency given. More or less, if you're not willing to milk out money for the "Imperial Bux" (or jailbreak/root your device to install an in-app purchase crack), the game requires loads of patience, as there's wait times for stuff to be built and whatnot.

Anyways, figured I'd toss this out there, see what you guys think. :P

EDIT: For anyone wondering, yes, this game caused me to not attend Phantom's Mod Map Server today. :wall:

March 30, 2014, 07:19:32 PM #1 Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 09:41:50 PM by Dark_Phantom
Eh, it's ok.  I was having some difficulties getting some maps to work... Should have just done Hyperion 1 and 2 and Eddie's levels and Jai Nollan.  Those were about the only levels not giving me difficulty.

Such an odd-looking (by odd-looking, the goal of the game, not graphics.  I love the graphics) game... I enjoyed the video though.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

I dare say, I am someone who is a huge fan of anything Nimblebit, and its terrible. Horribly buggy, and the transactions are terrible. Most niblebit games will give you 100 bux for 99 cents. I seem to recall tiny death star being 100 bux for 5 dollars. The one thing I did like was the challenges though. That was a nice feature, and it helped correct the problem of the game being really slow a little bit. Just a little though.

March 30, 2014, 07:37:10 PM #3 Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 07:41:06 PM by Gold Man
Quote from: Ltin on March 30, 2014, 07:26:58 PM
I dare say, I am someone who is a huge fan of anything Nimblebit, and its terrible. Horribly buggy, and the transactions are terrible. Most niblebit games will give you 100 bux for 99 cents. I seem to recall tiny death star being 100 bux for 5 dollars. The one thing I did like was the challenges though. That was a nice feature, and it helped correct the problem of the game being really slow a little bit. Just a little though.

For me, the game isn't so buggy, but then again, I'm running it off an iPad 2. :P

I do recall reading a review saying the IAPs were pretty pricy compared to the other games Nimblebit made. However, I have loads of patience, so no biggy there.

I currently have about 12 levels in my Death Star, 4 residental, 1 imperial, 2 food, 2 service, 1 retail, and 1 recreational. I haven't touched the app in an hour, so by now I've probably racked over 1,000 credits (assuming my resources weren't burned through too heavily).

EDIT: I've racked over 10,000 credits, dang. And at the loss of almost all my resources burned out.

Old news this game!

I played this for a couple weeks and was very far in the game then all of a sudden ALL my progress was deleted. So beware.

It's all about the new Star Wars Assault Team game! It's 10 times more fun and it's available for all platforms! Yes even Windows Phone for that one guy who has it out of the thousands of Android and iOS users. :P

Quote from: Kit Fisto on April 01, 2014, 06:03:26 PM
Old news this game!

I played this for a couple weeks and was very far in the game then all of a sudden ALL my progress was deleted. So beware.

It's all about the new Star Wars Assault Team game! It's 10 times more fun and it's available for all platforms! Yes even Windows Phone for that one guy who has it out of the thousands of Android and iOS users. :P

I've heard loads about that app, is it actually all it's cracked up to be? To me it looked like Star Wars taking on a card-duel type of gameplay. Plus, from what I've heard the premium currency really screws players over. Then again, if it's anything like a shooter, I'l gladly take it!

It's an RPG style card game. It's definitely not a shooter though.

I've had no issues with the currency, in fact I have more than I need most of the time (the secondary currency (gems) not so much but that's because you have to pay for them. Typical if you've ever played a game with IAP).