Dexterity

Started by BlackScorpion, December 05, 2014, 02:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you play Star Wars: Battlefront with your right hand, left hand, or with either hand (ambidextrous)?

Right hand
Left hand
Ambidextrous
Quote from: Ultimo on December 05, 2014, 06:27:56 PM
What harm could he cause?

20 new threads in five different forums asking the same questions with quadruple posts...next question?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Didn't consider that. If I'd gotten an answer, I was expecting someone to say he'd do something with malicious intent/whatever. Which I don't expect him to do.

Anyways, I wasn't really serious. Just an attention grab!

+3 Posts.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Same with Led, I have my right hand on the mouse, and left on the keyboard.

(However if I am using my trackpad, I strangely use my left hand, and multitask between the trackpad and keyboard with my left hand. The right hand is also on the keyboard, but only for support :P)

Left handed here, almost impossible for me to do it right handed.   :P

I have the most ridiculous desk setup that requires me to be in the most uncomfortable positions possible. Generally, I use the right hand with the mouse and left for a keyboard. Because I have a steering wheel mounted to my desk, I have my keyboard completely to my side. Do to the fact that it is quite uncomfortable, I some times use a mouse with my LEFT hand. That means I have to turn my head 70 degrees to the right to see the monitor. :P I don't use my left hand with a mouse in SWBF often, but I do with a lot of other games.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I play the same as Mr. Led  :cheers:
It makes perfect sense  :blink:

December 06, 2014, 02:06:51 AM #21 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 02:11:49 AM by Anyder
Ultimo u might not remember but i had to merge all his threads in 1 cause it was pure spamhttp://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=7918.0

I think most of us play like Led

EDIT: I just asked myself, how would someone with one arm/hand play videogames :( ?
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Right hand on mouse. But the real question is arrow keys or wasd?  I use arrow keys with the other controls mapped around them.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Found that question confusing....

Quote from: Anyder on December 06, 2014, 02:06:51 AM
EDIT: I just asked myself, how would someone with one arm/hand play videogames :( ?

A few games (I think the old republic is one) can played with just the mouse, especially if you have a mouse with another 10 buttons under your thumb. I would hate to injure my hand, consoles would be really hard...

Random information: It's a bit weird but when I was younger and used arrow keys I would sometimes use my toes on the space bar. I'm (slightly) more normal now though. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

QuoteBut the real question is arrow keys or wasd?
I started playing with arrow keys, and my right hand on my mouse, but I wasn't confortable using my pinkie for the spacebar, so I switched to wasd.

Quote from: Syyy on December 06, 2014, 07:09:50 AM
I started playing with arrow keys, and my right hand on my mouse, but I wasn't confortable using my pinkie for the spacebar, so I switched to wasd.

Same. I started on SWBF with the arrow keys, but after a while I decided to adapt to WASD instead. I rarely use the arrow keys these days (unless I get a new game and the configuration calls for arrow keys, in which case I spend the first arrow using their setup, then go to key bindings and change it up to my liking). :P

I play Jedi Knight with arrows and SWBF with WASD controls.

If I hadn't played Jedi Knight so much before SWBF, I don't think I could do arrow controls today.  Both hands on the keyboard and the only time I used mouse was to adjust camera quickly.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

December 06, 2014, 10:41:18 AM #28 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 10:42:50 AM by Commander Awesome
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on December 06, 2014, 02:11:26 AM
Right hand on mouse. But the real question is arrow keys or wasd?  I use arrow keys with the other controls mapped around them.
Same here.

Though I wish I could get a controller again, I used to have one but I broke it.  :(

Also, KotOR and Empire at War can be played with just the mouse as well.