Some in-depth info about the new SWBF

Started by Gold Man, June 14, 2013, 09:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys, was looking for news about the new EA reboot, this guy apparently got some info from one of the guys who was at the E3. Check it out:

http://www.castleawesome.com/2013/06/14/more-details-surface-from-dice-regarding-star-wars-battlefront/

The way this guy is saying stuff, I'm excited for this game. More excited than I have ever been for any video game, EVER!!! :D

Sweet! I'm really glad to hear that it won't be Battlefield with a star wars skin. Can't wait!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Patrick Söderlund[We'll] look at the history of the Battlefront franchise to reverse engineer it...to find out what it was supposed to be.

What a shame that Pandemic was alienated. 
I bet they might have an idea about what it was supposed to be without having to reverse engineer anything.

Also:
Quote from: Patrick SöderlundWe don't want Star Wars plus Battlefield, because that would be boring, right?

YAY! and Yes, it would.

Rejoice, Battlefrontians! This game will not be the nightmare you had imagined!! :D

Here's to hoping Single Player doesn't get gimped.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

You know what would be cool, but not appropriate as a SWBF sequel? a TF2-style battlefront game.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: jdee-barc on June 15, 2013, 07:59:27 AM
You know what would be cool, but not appropriate as a SWBF sequel? a TF2-style battlefront game.

With all the stuff Steam has, I'm amazed nobody has made a Star Wars mod for that game. Unless Steam doesn't allow it or anything, then I can see why it's never been made.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on June 15, 2013, 08:02:19 AM
With all the stuff Steam has, I'm amazed nobody has made a Star Wars mod for that game. Unless Steam doesn't allow it or anything, then I can see why it's never been made.
The lack of Star Wars mods in TF2 is probably because the modders find that Gmod is better suited to their needs.
TF2 works better with cartoonish themes because of the art style, which is why you'll find a billion anime/pony/minecraft/mario mods.

After reading this I can say, that I am officially super excited for this game. It's gonna be on PC? Yay! BootCamp get ready to be overused!

It makes me happy to see that they are taking the production of this game seriously and not as a side project.

People share this article so that we can spread the joy! :cheers: