E3- EA Teaser of a new Star Wars Battlefront

Started by Hardcore, June 10, 2013, 01:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Roxas on June 10, 2013, 02:05:22 PM
I'm already spazzing out.
[spoiler] :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:[/spoiler]

My definition of "spazzing out"

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Only for PS4 and Xbox it seems, but I'm so happy they teased it!

I'm so excited I don't even know what to say! But wait, I just said something so I obviously knew what to say so...             
I'm so excited I know what to say! Hmm...     that doesn't sound right. I guess I'll say, I'm so excited. Doesn't sound like I'm to excited, so...     yeah...  Wait... here's how I'll say it...
[spoiler]HECK YEAH![/spoiler]

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Syrion on June 10, 2013, 02:26:02 PM
Wait what?!?!?!?
How could they do this?
This throws all modding discussions out the window. So I hav to buy a new system for this? Please someone deny this claim.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: Ltin on June 10, 2013, 02:19:23 PM
im not saying im not hyped for it. Im saying that im not impressed. I was 99% sure this was going to happen. I wasnt suprised it is happening. I was suprised they announced it so early. These days, it takes a good 2 or 3 years to make a good AAA Video game. Alot can change in that amount of time. And ea just got the deal a few months ago. Its likely the game is no higher than alpha stage right now, if even that. Theres alot of room for it to become a great game. But there's also alot of room for a terrible failure. The game could keep class tameplay, or it could not. It could (though it is very unlikely) even drop factions.
I think what Unit was really trying to tell you was more to the effect of "go jump in a lake!" , seeing that the train plummets to the bottom of a ravine at the end of the gif.

I don't have an Xbox or a PS2, so I hope they change their minds about that.

June 10, 2013, 02:52:29 PM #20 Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:08:32 PM by UNIT 33
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on June 10, 2013, 02:46:31 PM
I think what Unit was really trying to tell you was more to the effect of "go jump in a lake!" , seeing that the train plummets to the bottom of a ravine at the end of the gif.
It was more of a satirical comment about the nature of conference hype, and how it's the inevitable ride we're all going to take as more info comes our way.

Er... yeah? Ltin's probably the sensible one...

I wasn't paying attention to the conference right before this, so when it came on I thought it was a Frostbite demo. Holy crap, did not expect the speeder crashing and the AT-AT leg, best surprise I've had in ages.

This game will absolutely be 2-3 years off, but it really looks like the Star Wars franchise is going to be rolling in the next gen  :cheers:
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Heard about this after watching the Apple WWDC conference. I am happy. About both.
[spoiler]VERY VERY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!![/spoiler]

Although I probably won't ever be able to play it if it's not for PC, that's if I get a MacBook in the next couple years and what Window's OS it will run on. (using bootcamp)

Still vastly more excited for Star Wars: Rebels and Episode VII and all the new movies.

One word: Dayum
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Syrion on June 10, 2013, 02:26:02 PM

Please tell me that's not true. If it is, EA has already made their first mistake in Star Wars games. ALWAYS MAKE A COPY AVAILABLE FOR THE COMPUTER!!! I don't care if I need the best computer out there to play this game! Regardless of the developer, you do NOT leave the computer out of the gaming market. Unless of course the games series was started on consoles, then you make it console-exclusive, like Halo and Uncharted.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on June 10, 2013, 04:28:58 PM
Please tell me that's not true. If it is, EA has already made their first mistake in Star Wars games. ALWAYS MAKE A COPY AVAILABLE FOR THE COMPUTER!!! I don't care if I need the best computer out there to play this game! Regardless of the developer, you do NOT leave the computer out of the gaming market. Unless of course the games series was started on consoles, then you make it console-exclusive, like Halo and Uncharted.
It will be on pc. Even if they dont actually make cd copies, im sure it will be on origin as a download.

fyi it's being developed by the people who made Medal of Honor Warfighter, NOT the devs that worked on Battlefield '42, 2 or 3.

Quote from: Sharker on June 10, 2013, 05:44:04 PM
fyi it's being developed by the people who made Medal of Honor Warfighter, NOT the devs that worked on Battlefield '42, 2 or 3.
Source?

Why, oh why does everyone see one teaser trailer and suddenly get all hyped. We (Well I did at least.) knew that there was no way EA would pass on SWBF. EA is a lot of things, but not knowing where the money is isn't one of them. Also they stated from day one that DICE was working on a star wars game.

Also for all we know the trailer is CGI. (I'm just saying, no gameplay was shown. A few artists could have that ready in a weak or so.) Did EA confirm that it is ingame footage?

I'll actually get excited once we actually have more details. Not because of a single teaser trailer.

i always sorta figured (or hoped) they would make the game. The hype is that after all these up and down years there is some real hope that the game is going to be made and released. I just got excited cause wasn't expecting a teaser, cause it is so early (which would make me highly doubt that was ingame footage).
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me