Star Wars Battlefront III

Started by Led, June 09, 2013, 03:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Probably the most anticipated release since 2005, this board will be for SWBF3 whenever it comes out.

We will be ready to support players, modders, and hosts when it comes out.

:cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on June 09, 2013, 03:14:52 PM
Probably the most anticipated release since 2005, this board will be for SWBF3 whenever it comes out.

We will be ready to support players, modders, and hosts when it comes out.

:cheers:
Let's hope so.

Let's hope that it will be moddable, and let's hope that we will be able to host the game. 

From what I have seen lately, those two things are no longer a given.

Considering DICE made BF3, and has an extremely explicit no-modding rule for that game, it's safe to say SWBFIII won't be moddable. Even the people that have made graphic enhancing mods, the game won't run them because DICE blocked their mods. They keep on top of this stuff real good, and have a tight leash for their games.

In other words, your mod will be available for a few days, until DICE comes in and blocks your mod, making it unusable for multiplayer, and possibly suspending your account if you attempt it multiple times.

Quote from: Buckler on June 09, 2013, 03:35:06 PM
Let's hope that it will be moddable, and let's hope that we will be able to host the game. 

From what I have seen lately, those two things are no longer a given.

I won't even bother buying the game if it is un-moddable.

when is E3? isnt EA supposed to do a reveal there of some stuff? maybe more swbf info?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

DICE's excuse for no SDK is that the tools would be too hard to learn... Which seems to be lawyer talk for, "Guy's we would love to but EA has strictly forbidden it so they can maximize profits off DLC with you suckers." As if a community with the following of Battlefield or SWBF couldn't work out an SDK together even if there was no documentation.

Still, nothing stopping use from re-creating the maps in SWBF :P

Wooooot,lets hope to dear EA/DICE W/E thats its moddable and stuff =D

I imagine the only SWBF3 we will ever see with that title will be one we make ourselves.
Folks are too hot for the generic COD9 and such.
No room for the dogs of war in a room full of heros.

That bit of negativity aside, it wouldn't bother me one bit to see this turn into a SWBF 3 dev board if an official release never comes. :D

Tirpider, you have plenty to get excited about.

Release day DLC! What, you thought paying for the game gave you everything? Think again son.
Being able to pay your way to the top! This option is great for people who lack skill.
Having to test your skill against all the level fifties when you start out. This is great because it makes sure you know that you don't play enough. And should really play more and also buy some Care Packages.

Now having heard about all those amazing features Tirpider, are you sure you don't want to reconsider?

Heh, well, let's not speculate  ;)

We should wait until after it gets released to complain.

Anyway, I just wanted to see a future for this forum.

I will always check in on SWBF each day, but with 2-3 people playing, it is hard for me to still get really excited about it and our forum will fall silent one day as well.

On a somewhat related topic, just as games have become more centralized, so have game communities.  The days of someone setting up their own website and managing are waning.  Reddit, steam communities, game house owned communities are taking up the real estate. 

So, even if SWBF3 becomes a reality we may not get much of an influx of people anyway.   :)

June 09, 2013, 06:03:50 PM #11 Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 06:14:18 PM by Josh
Quote from: Buckler on June 09, 2013, 05:57:38 PM
Heh, well, let's not speculate  ;)

We should wait until after it gets released to complain.

Anyway, I just wanted to see a future for this forum.

I will always check in on SWBF each day, but with 2-3 people playing, it is hard for me to still get really excited about it and our forum will fall silent one day as well.

On a somewhat related topic, just as games have become more centralized, so have game communities.  The days of someone setting up their own website and managing are waning.  Reddit, steam communities, game house owned communities are taking up the real estate. 

So, even if SWBF3 becomes a reality we may not get much of an influx of people anyway.   :)
I think with the name SWBFGamers, we will get a large number of people checking us out. Just change the home menu a little, advertising a lot of SWBF3, and we may get many players coming. But, I think a lot of players will be coming for the "tournaments" board, as long as you can choose what server you want in BF3, not just random server joining. 

I like the idea of a DLC, but not when you have to pay 250$ for all of the DLCs. 

At least me and SK have something in common, the believe that EA sucks.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I was just joking around. The game will be good, DICE will see to that. But EA will also see that the consumer gets screwed over in the process. (Although I'm hopeful people will smarten up at some point and say enough is enough. Maybe the Xbox One will flop, that would be a big wake up call for these companies.)

Like I said the game will be good, no two ways around it. Just be wary of what EA will put in there.

You don't imagine they will try to make one of those "free to play" monsters out of it?
Full access to all the weapons, but you can only get ammo through in-game purchases and such..

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on June 09, 2013, 03:51:14 PM
In other words, your mod will be available for a few days, until DICE comes in and blocks your mod, making it unusable for multiplayer, and possibly suspending your account if you attempt it multiple times.
would launching from Origin count as attempting?