SWBF1 Museum Master Thread (WIP)

Started by Snake, May 15, 2013, 10:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Battle Royale characters should be used in the Museum?

~AF!zZingGunFlower
3 (23.1%)
Comfrost
2 (15.4%)
Dbiz
2 (15.4%)
GoldMan
3 (23.1%)
Kitfisto
3 (23.1%)
Led
5 (38.5%)
Phobos
6 (46.2%)
Republic Commando
4 (30.8%)
411 Remnant
3 (23.1%)
Roland
4 (30.8%)
Sereja
10 (76.9%)
Shazam
4 (30.8%)
Sleepkiller
6 (46.2%)
Snake
10 (76.9%)
Unit33
9 (69.2%)
tirpider
8 (61.5%)
Cinnamon
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

It'll be more custom models, and they'll mostly be painted Yavin-like textures.
Epifire did a wonderful job on the original cantina.. I was impressed.

Quote from: Syrion on August 30, 2013, 06:59:08 AM
This is an awesome idea you have there, Snake, thank you for making some kind of an anthology of the game.

I hope I can still contribute in memory of some french players and clans, here are some informations I can give :

Clans :

A list of important / most active French players that have been playing until 2011, now, keep in mind that every single of of the players listed below have been changing clans during the past 8 years, I cannot create a fixed list of all of them, for example : Nexon have been playing for IsC, been member of BoB, played for L'Alliance, joined LFG and is now with bw. If you want to link them to one and only one clan, consider doing it with L'Alliance, they have been more of a community connecting all french players together :

Ben Kenobi, Sayan, Kalilz, Nejy, Goldz, Fatal, Bigjack LeChuck, Angel of Pain, Dralightning, Estelle, Fatal, Rockstar, Kakashi, IceWolf, Tomken3, Jeff Laser, Epsilon, Anakin, Chonchon, Nilmar, Showstopper, Kais, Nexon, Skyfox, Piccolo, Bazooka, Manu, EldestRob, Dark Sky, Sol, XandFeet, RV, Elite, Shino, David, Jeronimo13, Jineo, Rob, Syrion.

About me ( yes I'd like to have my name featured in the temple ) :

I am Syrion, I've been playing for more than 7 years now. Still missing the good old times.
« L'alliance is more than a clan, it's a family. » - Black Angel
A screenshot : http://i.imgur.com/I9E4Lr1.jpg

Thanks a lot for the info Syrion. I'll make sure to get this stuff in there. I don't think every one of those members can be on the list, though.. Can you point out maybe 3 or 4 who have made the most impact on the French SWBF community?

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on August 30, 2013, 01:31:34 PM
any word on how your gonna make this map (Rhen Var Models, Mos Eisley Models, Custom Models etc...). I'd also like having the sides be the Battle Royal Mod. And if there is a secret room it should be a shrine to ME...

lol jk

but it should be something like have all the cut BF1 stuff in it like the K-Wing or the Swampspeeder or maybe something like a BF2 campaign map thing as soon as you find the room and walk in sorta like that Skyline Easter Egg on Halo 4 where you can play the Halo 3 campaign mission and fly around in the Hornet

The map is Yavin themed and the museum will be the Great Hall (as seen in the movies) and have lot's of custom models.

There are a few easter eggs around the map, and the biggest one will be something under the map. (Haven't decided what, yet)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

so how much longer until its done
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

August 30, 2013, 02:44:57 PM #93 Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 03:00:03 PM by Snake
Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on August 30, 2013, 02:27:23 PM
so how much longer until its done

I have absolutely no idea. Depends on how fast all of the modders involved work. I, for one, am taking my time so I get this right. I would like to get it done as a Christmas present to the community but I can only speculate.

---

Alright, I added a new poll. This is to determine the sides. You get to pick your top 10 favorite Battle Royale units! The top 10 after a few days will be the ones I use in the Museum. Some units weapons may be changed for laser tag and paintball and things like that.

Here's the BR topic: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6350.0
I attached the image Unit 33 made that has all the units with names.

---

Actually, I changed it to 8. So pick your top 8 units. That way I can make a special unit that will be used specifically for the mini-games and none of the BR sides will have to be changed.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Your poll only has fifteen choices. When the Battle Royale has 17 classes!

swbf_inf_sleepkiller - SleepKiller
swbf_inf_dbiz - Dbiz
swbf_inf_snakemando - Snake
swbf_inf_unit33 - Unit 33
swbf_inf_s_zombie - Sereja
swbf_inf_comfrost - Comfrost
swbf_inf_led - Buckler
swbf_inf_goldman - Gold Man
swbf_inf_kitfisto - Kit Fisto
swbf_inf_republiccommando - RepublicCommando
swbf_inf_blaine - The class Phobos' designed
swbf_inf_twinkeyrunaway - Twinkeyrunaway
swbf_inf_tusken - Tirpider
swbf_inf_shazam - Sha Zam
swbf_inf_roldora - Roland
swbf_inf_flower -  ~AF!zZingGunFlower
swbf_inf_cinna - Cinnamon

Also why only eight? The generator can easily be adjusted to only pick four and leave you a slot to mess with. It's also relatively speaking, easy to change the script to be compatible with any map. Especially if you're sticking to TBR classes. I'll be on xFire for a bit, message me if you want help with it.

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 30, 2013, 03:17:16 PM
Your poll only has fifteen choices. When the Battle Royale has 17 classes!

swbf_inf_sleepkiller - SleepKiller
swbf_inf_dbiz - Dbiz
swbf_inf_snakemando - Snake
swbf_inf_unit33 - Unit 33
swbf_inf_s_zombie - Sereja
swbf_inf_comfrost - Comfrost
swbf_inf_led - Buckler
swbf_inf_goldman - Gold Man
swbf_inf_kitfisto - Kit Fisto
swbf_inf_republiccommando - RepublicCommando
swbf_inf_blaine - The class Phobos' designed
swbf_inf_twinkeyrunaway - Twinkeyrunaway
swbf_inf_tusken - Tirpider
swbf_inf_shazam - Sha Zam
swbf_inf_roldora - Roland
swbf_inf_flower -  ~AF!zZingGunFlower
swbf_inf_cinna - Cinnamon

Also why only eight? The generator can easily be adjusted to only pick four and leave you a slot to mess with. It's also relatively speaking, easy to change the script to be compatible with any map. Especially if you're sticking to TBR classes. I'll be on xFire for a bit, message me if you want help with it.

Oh, I was missing Cinnamon. (I used the list on the TBR thread)

Nah, it's mainly an attempt to save space (and work) so I'd rather just go with the top 8.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

August 31, 2013, 07:02:49 PM #96 Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 07:05:57 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
Guys i just thought of something what if you got the RvB Season 10 Soundtrack of of iTunes took the 9 songs with lyrics compiled them into a SFX file and put it into ZeroEditor in areas of the museums. The reason i say the RvB soundtrack cause everyone liked it when i posted it on a BF3 poll.

Note: There are 30 tracks all together, 1-5 on the list below are in the begging of the soundtrack, 6 is in the middle, 7-9 are the last ones in it.

Youtube Link:

The 9 Songs with Lyrics are:
1. Fragments

2. The More

3. Now That We Come So Far

4.Terrify!

5. Terminate

6. Pray

7.That's How Voting Works

8. Come on Carolina

9. Forever

Am I seriously the only one that absolutely loved Fizz' model?..

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on August 31, 2013, 07:02:49 PM
Guys i just thought of something what if you got the RvB Season 10 Soundtrack of of iTunes took the 9 songs with lyrics compiled them into a SFX file and put it into ZeroEditor in areas of the museums. The reason i say the RvB soundtrack cause everyone liked it when i posted it on a BF3 poll.

Note: There are 30 tracks all together, 1-5 on the list below are in the begging of the soundtrack, 6 is in the middle, 7-9 are the last ones in it.

Youtube Link:

The 9 Songs with Lyrics are:
1. Fragments

2. The More

3. Now That We Come So Far

4.Terrify!

5. Terminate

6. Pray

7.That's How Voting Works

8. Come on Carolina

9. Forever

We are going to try to use sound regions like that but it will be John Williams' music from the movies.

=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on August 31, 2013, 07:54:09 PM
We are going to try to use sound regions like that but it will be John Williams' music from the movies.
That will be nice but if there is a shrine to me it should have something like that with the RvB Soundtrack

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on August 31, 2013, 08:10:17 PM
That will be nice but if there is a shrine to me it should have something like that with the RvB Soundtrack
Maybe a small modifications for next years April fools day. Some crazy soundtrack (it would be REALLY awesome if the random generator thing SK was talking about, could somehow random call sound ambient music...) from whatever in every room..

I think little skin changes and neat stuff like that would be awesome after this is complete. Like a hallows-eav version, christmas version, etc..

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on August 31, 2013, 08:25:56 PM
Maybe a small modifications for next years April fools day. Some crazy soundtrack (it would be REALLY awesome if the random generator thing SK was talking about, could somehow random call sound ambient music...) from whatever in every room..

I think little skin changes and neat stuff like that would be awesome after this is complete. Like a hallows-eav version, christmas version, etc..
Music is defined in Lua, so it is possible to randomize it at start up.

Either way regarding the RvB soundtrack I'm guessing it is copyrighted material. (Since you said get off iTunes.) One of the unwritten rules of modding SWBF is if you use assets from another game, movie or album; you should stick to SW ones. (Although that kind of activity should be kept to low levels at all times.)

August 31, 2013, 09:06:08 PM #102 Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:36:43 PM by Snake
I'm sure there will be a few "sponsored" versions (aka other versions by me) and several by others.

Alright so I've got some things that I can't do, no matter how hard I try. Who wants to give a crack at them?

Minimap and Sound Regions

----

I have added some locals to the Museum. There are now Royal Temple Guards and Royal Temple Scribes roaming the halls of the Museum. The Guards, ofcourse, are the security of the Temple. The Scribes are students of our history, they study it and record it, and also double as the caretakers of the Museum.

It also just adds some life to the lonely hallways so you don't get too depressed when reminiscing. Also, if you happen to be Satan, they make fun random people to kill for no reason.

Here's a guard pic (the scribe skin is being worked on by Unit 33):
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The Museum has a good bit of the info in it now and I have just loved running around reminiscing. It's just so cool for their to be a map that is basically the epitome of SWBF1. I guess it's one of the reasons the Egyptians made their pyramids. As monuments to the past.. (Someone write that down, that was deep)

---

Voting for TBR characters will close tomorrow afternoon.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on August 31, 2013, 09:06:08 PM
I have added some locals to the Museum. There are now Royal Temple Guards and Royal Temple Scribes roaming the halls of the Museum. The Guards, ofcourse, are the security of the Temple. The Scribes are students of our history, they study it and record it, and also double as the caretakers of the Museum.

It also just adds some life to the lonely hallways so you don't get too depressed when reminiscing. Also, if you happen to be Satan, they make fun random people to kill for no reason.
I like that idea, it's that sort of extra little features that make me want to keep playing your maps. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

BF1 or BF2 style minimap