Little Faith I'm Having In This, But...

Started by ~{PLA}~ Seth, October 13, 2009, 06:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, I've had SWBF2 for like 5 days, and I do like it, (SWBF1 is still my favorite though.  :tu:)
with the space battles (If you crank up the point count to 300 or so) the new units, the fact that you have to EARN the special classes and there's a 4 unit limit on them is a HUGE improvement for multiplayer, to prevent the frequently-reported "Jet trooper" incidents where EVERYBODY on the Republic team is a JP. Dead fun as the clones, downright annoying as the CIS. I also like the new maps, new game types, the improved campaign, and all that, (Except for the heroes, makes it too easy, I turn 'em off. :tu:" but I absolutely LOATHE the award weapons. The award rifle is just weird, the auto repair should be given to the engineer and pilot automatically, rather than all classes being to use it and the engineer having to earn it. The beam rifle is just APPALING. It's a one hit kill sniper rifle that can go through multiple enemies. But that's not the worst part. If you get a headshot, 0 health off their bar. A legshot/body shot kills instantly though, like I said. The precision pistol is fun to use, but it's basically just a sniper rifle that can fire like a blaster rifle. 3 hits and they're dead. They don't even know what hit em. There's more, but I don't feel like going into them. Anyway, I was wondering if these can be disabled, being unable to earn them. Or stopping the number I've times you've gotten it at 0, so you can't go on to Veteran, Elite, and finally Legendary award statuses. Is this possible? Anybody willing to work on this?

If you want to turn off your awards weapons, you should simply use a profile that hasn't earned them. There's not a user toggle to turn them on or off. In any case it will be a singleplayer-only phenomenon for the most part, since you will rarely see them in multiplayer, and many mods simply don't have award weapons.

Moved to SWBFII.

The few times I've played SP, I've found the award weapons rather useful. Perhaps that's just me... but who knows. Stop being so good and you'll never have to worry about them again :P or just play mods only like I do.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Well, yes, the awards ARE dead fun to use. But... The challenge just kind of... flops. How are you supposed to get better if you can just rip through everything with 1/10 of your health gone? I'll try not saving in my next profile, as I'll have two, one for all awards, and one with no awards. That would probably work. I'll give it a try soon. If not, there's always multiplayer.

I like the awards (I have all but the missle one) but, I know this is kind of cheesy, if you don't scroll through weapons at least when I play I will have the normal one. I wish there was a way to fix the award sniper rifle no head shot bug though...
Legos, the greatest toy known to man

Quotes from the battlefield.

"FOR THE REPUBLIC!", "Bu-bye!" - Clone Trooper

"Bang", "We need more troopers like you!"- Stormtrooper

"Failure is NOT an option. Fight HARDER!" - I made him mad (=9)

You need to get the Unofficial 1.3 patch, it has a console in it that can remove your point problem and more.
"The massive integrated brain of the Internet is deteriorating. Please install backup
brains to prevent deterioration of your Internet brain. Thank you, and we apologize for
the late advice."

-Padawan Fighter

*points to the forum rule about reviving old topics*

#TYBG

[MK]Padawan Fighter might know something to help this topic.

*nods*
"The massive integrated brain of the Internet is deteriorating. Please install backup
brains to prevent deterioration of your Internet brain. Thank you, and we apologize for
the late advice."

-Padawan Fighter